HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Col-Ott Trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=653334)

AvsGuy 06-21-2009 03:59 PM

Col-Ott Trade

To Colorado:

Dany Heatley, Anton Volchenkov

To Ottawa:

Wojtek Wolski, Scott Hannan, 1st round pick in 2010

Saren 06-21-2009 04:01 PM

LOL Ottawa gets shafted. Add Spezza while you're at it.

slapshot14phil* 06-21-2009 04:03 PM

Change the first round pick in 10 to 09 and take out Scott Hannan and put in 2nd in 2010.

Semin 06-21-2009 04:07 PM

Great trade, we get a sniper, and a D-men who can block tons of shots. And we dont got to give up our first ruonder this year. :)

NOTENOUGHBREWER 06-21-2009 04:08 PM

They say the team who gets the best player in the trade wins it. Avs get arguably the 2 best players. I love it :handclap:

The King of Town 06-21-2009 04:12 PM

I like that we don't even get this year's first rounder.

BeerandHockey 06-21-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy (Post 20000979)
To Colorado:

To Ottawa:

Wojtek Wolski, Scott Hannan, 2nd round pick in 2010

wow,...no. Volchenkov is a freaking machine. He is a player every GM would want him on their team. We are really not that desperate to get rid of Heatley.

Wolski did not even hit 15 goals last year, and Scott Hannan was the worst +/- guy on the Avs at -21...

So Basically we give up an elite sniper and the Atrain, for a 2nd/3rd line player, a poor mans version of Volchenkov, and a 2nd round pick that history shows will only work out as a regular NHLer 25% of the time.

LordLucic* 06-21-2009 04:17 PM

LOL. I don't think that package gets you Volchenkov, let alone Heatley with him.

Awful proposal.

Pyke* 06-21-2009 04:19 PM

Being from Ottawa, but a Colorado fan, this makes me laugh. Colorado wins this easily.

And I like Wolski. Scott Hannan isn't the player he used to be, and in any case, he's older than Volchenkov who is better at what he does then Hannan.

Heatley >>>> Wolski
Volchenkov >> Hannan
Nothing < 2010 1st.

The 2010 1st doesn't even come close to making this an even trade.

slapshot14phil* 06-21-2009 04:26 PM

Volchenkov is a BEAST i wouldn't trade him to colorado for Wolski and Hannan together.

Pyke* 06-21-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjon12 (Post 20001199)
Volchenkov is a BEAST i wouldn't trade him to colorado for Wolski and Hannan together.

I'd consider it. Wolski is an elite forward.

Volchenkov is a great defenceman, but the reality is almost everyone is expendable and if the Sens trade Heatley, a player like Wolski back might make sense.

But again, being that I'm a Colorado fan as well; I like players on both teams and likely think higher of them then non-Colorado fans.

HSF 06-21-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyke (Post 20001234)
I'd consider it. Wolski is an elite forward.

Volchenkov is a great defenceman, but the reality is almost everyone is expendable and if the Sens trade Heatley, a player like Wolski back might make sense.

But again, being that I'm a Colorado fan as well; I like players on both teams and likely think higher of them then non-Colorado fans.

lol...

AvsGuy 06-21-2009 04:54 PM

If I've underestimate the value of Volchenkov, then I apologize, but if you think teams are going to be clamoring to offer anything more than this package for Dany Heatley + Dany Heatley's trade request + Dany Heatley's contract, then think again.

Bonzai12 06-21-2009 05:07 PM

I think the OP involved Hannan strictly for cap reasons - I highly doubt he thought Ottawa was craving for an overpaid defenseman.

Not a good trade, but at least give the guy some credit for putting up a proposal that included financial considerations.

The main pieces of the trade are basically Heatley for Wolski and a pick if you want to make broad generalizations on talent being exchanged.

Phaser 06-21-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy (Post 20001401)
If I've underestimate the value of Volchenkov, then I apologize, but if you think teams are going to be clamoring to offer anything more than this package for Dany Heatley + Dany Heatley's trade request + Dany Heatley's contract, then think again.

If ottawa trades Heatley before the draft, then a first round pick will be included. Your proposal is good if COL 1st this year is added. And yes, some teams will offer more than that (Wolski is the only attractive piece in your proposal). And Ottawa is not going to trade Volchenkov.

GuruOfHockey 06-21-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

To Colorado:

To Ottawa:

You Know what the Sens fans would go for, change that 2010 1st to the 2009 1st and it would be a done deal.:nod:

Senator67s 06-21-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

To Colorado:

To Ottawa:

So here I am thinking I've joined this great new site and one of the first threads I open is this?
That proposal wouldn't even get the Avs a sniff of Heatley alone, never mind adding Volchenkov.
You could manke it the 1st rounder on 0- instead of next years and I'm still not sure the Sens pull the trigger.

danishh 06-21-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senator67s (Post 20001571)
So here I am thinking I've joined this great new site and one of the first threads I open is this?
That proposal wouldn't even get the Avs a sniff of Heatley alone, never mind adding Volchenkov.
You could manke it the 1st rounder on 0- instead of next years and I'm still not sure the Sens pull the trigger.

believe me - get out while you're still can.

To whoever said that they wouldnt do that package for volchenkov alone, well, i agree. Take out Hannan and maybe i trade volchenkov for wolski and colorado's 1st '10.

To add heatley to that, you really do need to change that 1st to the 3rd overall this year.

Of course, knowing colorado's cap problems this year, it's next to impossible for this trade to actually happen, so there really is no point in discussing it.

AvsGuy 06-21-2009 05:42 PM

Volchenkov or not, Ottawa's not getting the 3rd overall pick in an excellent draft for a guy who asked to be traded.

Wolski and a 1st in 2010 for Heatley is probably generous given that the Senators hands are tied and everyone knows it.

ttam103 06-21-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AvsGuy (Post 20001771)
Volchenkov or not, Ottawa's not getting the 3rd overall pick in an excellent draft for a guy who asked to be traded.

Wolski and a 1st in 2010 for Heatley is probably generous given that the Senators hands are tied and everyone knows it.

Hand tied to what? Keeping him in Ottawa? Heatleys not holding out or anything.

detrude 06-21-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeon (Post 20000998)
LOL Ottawa gets shafted. Add Spezza while you're at it.

But then we'd have to add the exclusive negotiating rights to Tyler Arnason :sarcasm:. If you're lucky, maybe we'll add in Darcy Tucker.

4thliner* 06-21-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah, you and who?

Avs don't have a prayer at Heatley without their 1st pick as part of the package. You'd think they way you are talking the Avs have the #1 pick which would be used to take Hedman.

Everyone knows LA is more than wiling to deal the 5th, which is just about as good as 3rd, in a backage for Heatley. The overhyped Duchene isnít any better than Kane. He is a lesser scorer and heck of a lot softer. He isnít that much better than Schenn either even if fantasy scouts have him rubbing shoulders with the offensive wizard that is Tavares, who I am sure Duchene is nowhere near as offensively gifted. So they try to equalize by the skating, 'complete game' rubbish and mentored by Cody Hodgson stuff.

Everyone knows Hedman and Tavares are playing in the NHL next year, and in the case of at least Tavares he has a real shot to compete for ROY doe to his offensive capabilities. Duchene wonít crack the NHL next fall.

If some idoit takes Duchene ahead of those 2, then you are talking.

wubwubwubwub 06-21-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Oh wow son, get some education. Murray has stated he refuses to trade Heatley if he doesn't get back fair value. He would rather suspend him and use the cap space as opposed to trading Heatley for ****, aka your proposal. Honestly, you are constantly making yourself seem less and less intelligent.

NWAvs 06-21-2009 06:09 PM

Heatley for Wolski straight up:sarcasm:

The Mars Volchenkov 06-21-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

So based on your original proposal, you believe Volchenkov is worth Hannan and his bloated contract?