HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Mikhail Grabovski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=653387)

WJG 06-21-2009 09:01 PM

Mikhail Grabovski

What is he worth?

He was a rookie last season, but he put up about 50 points playing 2nd-3rd line minutes. He also looked like a machine playing for a terrible Belarus team at the World Championship.

I predicted ever since Burke took over as GM that he would be traded (Burke doesn't like most non-Swedish, non-Finnish European players), especially since he's an RFA and is likely taking the Leafs to arbitration (another Umberger situation?).

The Leafs got him for a 2nd, is he worth considerably more now?

iPunch 06-21-2009 09:08 PM

I dont think he'll be moving, Burke and Wilson both seem to like him.

xeric716x 06-21-2009 09:18 PM

didnt Burke list him as someone who wouldnt be moved?

Roo 06-21-2009 09:22 PM

Yep. Doubtful he goes anywhere at this point, but everyone has a price.

JL4L 06-21-2009 09:25 PM

His value would be considerably better imo if people didnt worry about him heading over to the KHL.

The Management 06-21-2009 09:34 PM

I doubt he'll be heading over to the KHL. Something tells me he enjoys the limelight over here.

I've never been a big proponent of this kid, but I'll confess he brings a rare combination of raw talent / finess and a fearlessness in crashing the net. He has a really tenacious spirit, and if he can elevate his game to the next level, he'll be a valuable asset.

eric71* 06-21-2009 09:37 PM

His value to Burke at this point would definitely be more than a 2nd rounder. I would say a 1st and decent prospect would get him to make the trade, thats probably more than his actual worth, but to Burke he has a lot of value clearly.

Analyzer 06-21-2009 09:38 PM

2nd round pick and Greg Pateryn.

Stjonnypopo 06-21-2009 09:40 PM

I was kind of upset when the habs traded him away but he wasn't fitting in with the rest of the team so we wouldn't have used him to his full potential.

But I think he was worth more than a second and he still is...

He's a very fast player and he has good moves, I think if he worked on his finishing he could be a very important player for the leafs... although they would need some guys who could protect him because he's kind of small

Inigo Montoya 06-21-2009 09:42 PM

If the chances of re-signing Grabovski look bleak before the draft, I could see Burke using him to move up or in a package to bring in some other young talent to the team.

KesseltoLupul 06-21-2009 09:46 PM

Mikhail Grabovski
7th Overall

for

4th Overall

Book it.

piere McGuire* 06-21-2009 09:48 PM

I like this kid, think he many be a bit of a headcase and not have a very successful career going out a a limb here and saying his career stats will look something like this.

1000 games 250 goals 400 assists.

these are still pretty great numbers for a second line forward, but he is awful defensively and in the new nhl you need to be a productive 2-way player. Burke also like him because he IS gritty, he had the most pentaly minutes (92) on the leafs. who says we are a soft team, lol

Stjonnypopo 06-21-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 (Post 20003821)
Mikhail Grabovski
7th Overall

for

4th Overall

Book it.

I think that's a pretty decent trade, unless Atlanta has their eyes on someone in particular, which is pretty likely

Toronto might need to throw in a 3rd or 4th to sweeten the deal

grabo84 06-21-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcwortzman (Post 20003843)
I like this kid, think he many be a bit of a headcase and not have a very successful career going out a a limb here and saying his career stats will look something like this.

these are still pretty great numbers for a second line forward, but he is awful defensively and in the new nhl you need to be a productive 2-way player. Burke also like him because he IS gritty, he had the most pentaly minutes (92) on the leafs. who says we are a soft team, lol

No, he's not awful defensively. So far as the penalties go, most of those came against the habs because of the Kostitsyn thing.

KesseltoLupul 06-21-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcwortzman (Post 20003843)

What?

Ace88* 06-21-2009 09:55 PM

What? Grabs is not awful defensively by any stretch of the imagination. Under Wilson's tutelage his defensive game actually blossomed. He was still clearly more offense, but he is not a liability at all until he gives the puck away trying to split 3 guys.

MonacoBlue 06-21-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Mikhail Grabovski
7th Overall

for

4th Overall

Book it.

Lol, that's not going to happen. Thrashers are going to pick Kane and walk away very happy.

piere McGuire* 06-21-2009 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 (Post 20003907)
What?

i meant not a very great career, but still a good one. Hes not a great 2-way player by any stretch of the imagination. He's not worth anymore then a 2nd if hes not signed.

burke4life 06-21-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Mikhail Grabovski
7th Overall

for

4th Overall

Book it.

i would rather do
Mikhail Grabovski
vesa toskala
7th Overall
2nd rounder
for

3th overall

i think this is fair for both teams.

Ace88* 06-21-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burke4life (Post 20003973)
i would rather do
Mikhail Grabovski
vesa toskala
7th Overall
2nd rounder
for

3th overall

naw man leafs get ripped a new one, try toskala + 7th + 2nd or 3rd, im not so sure the leafs even need to include the 2nd/3rd

MonacoBlue 06-21-2009 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burke4life (Post 20003973)
i would rather do
Mikhail Grabovski
vesa toskala
7th Overall
2nd rounder
for

3th overall

That's not going to happen, either. It's quantity for quality. Plus, the Avs are re-building and they want Duchene badly. In Duchene the Avs get a well-rounded clutch goal scorer. It gives them a strong 1-2 punch down the middle. The Avs have no use for Toskala (again, they're rebuilding). Grabovski is not worth the downgrade, either.

Add to that the fact that Duchene is an Avs fan, and you can forget it.

MonacoBlue 06-21-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace88 (Post 20004003)
naw man leafs get ripped a new one, try toskala + 7th + 2nd or 3rd, im not so sure the leafs even need to include the 2nd/3rd

Are you kidding me? Wait until Avs fans get here to rip this deal lol.

AintLifeGrand 06-21-2009 10:15 PM

Can Grabovski play RW?

ATL doesn't need another Left winger

I'd rather do Tlusty and the 7th for 4th overall

JL4L 06-21-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonacoBlue (Post 20004027)
That's not going to happen, either. It's quantity for quality. Plus, the Avs are re-building and they want Duchene badly. In Duchene the Avs get a well-rounded clutch goal scorer. It gives them a strong 1-2 punch down the middle. The Avs have no use for Toskala (again, they're rebuilding). Grabovski is not worth the downgrade, either.

Add to that the fact that Duchene is an Avs fans, and you can't forget it.

Yeah, don't see Colorado moving the 3rd unless it's a deal that knocks their socks off. That said I'm not too sure we have anything of interest to Colorado except for Toskala, who certainly doesn't warrant a 3rd overall pick as return. Maybe the Avs send us a late round pick, Budaj and a lower end prospect for Vesa?

MonacoBlue 06-21-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeleaf4life (Post 20004146)
Yeah, don't see Colorado moving the 3rd unless it's a deal that knocks their socks off. That said I'm not too sure we have anything of interest to Colorado except for Toskala, who certainly doesn't warrant a 3rd overall pick as return. Maybe the Avs send us a late round pick, Budaj and a lower end prospect for Vesa?

I think that's a decent deal that they would definitely consider, seeing as how they've tried Budaj and, well, you've seen the results. It definitely wouldn't hurt to keep the team somewhat competitive even as they re-build, just not at the cost of Duchene.