HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bernd Bruckler had a shutout in the NCAA's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65383)

MiamiScreamingEagles 03-27-2004 12:41 AM

Bernd Bruckler had a shutout in the NCAA's

Flyers 5th round pick in 2001, he led Wisconsin to a 1-0 overtime win shutout in the first round of the NCAA Division One Tournament over Ohio State earlier (Friday 3/26).

Here is a story on his season:

http://www.uscho.com/news/2004/03/27_008374.php

Pontifex Maximus* 03-27-2004 09:24 AM

I know he played well this season but I was surprised to see that he had a 2.09gaa and .924sv% overall.

RoDu 03-27-2004 11:18 AM

any chance of him being a Phantom anytime soon?

Pontifex Maximus* 03-27-2004 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg

Niittymaki and Little seem to have a hold on the roster spots. Maybe it's time for Little to leave the organization and let others have a chance.

RoDu 03-27-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrachlinexperience
Niittymaki and Little seem to have a hold on the roster spots. Maybe it's time for Little to leave the organization and let others have a chance.

if there is a missed season, let Nittymaki backup Esche in the 05-06 season, and bring in some kids for the Phantoms maybe

Oilers Chick 03-30-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg

According to the Capital News Times Website (one of two local papers that covers the Wisconsin Badgers) Bruckler said that he's not spoken to Clarke or anyone from the Flyers organizations for quite sometime nor has had any contact with them since they were eliminated from the FF Tourney. This is as of Monday, March 29.

If you want the link to the story (it's actually a brief), let me know and I'll see if I can dig up the link for you.

Grant Dovey 03-30-2004 06:38 PM

I keep in contact with Bruckler, I asked him about talking to Clarke and the Flyers and he said they have not talked. He said that then he wanted to focus on the upcoming tasks of helping his team make the playoffs and that is was sort of a gentlemen's agreement not to talk contract talks during the season. He is still has one more season, I expect him to finish out his tenure with Wisconsin.

Pontifex Maximus* 03-30-2004 07:01 PM

The Flyers will have an interesting predicament over the next few years. Their goalie prospects are:

Roman Malek
Bernd Bruckler
Dov Grumet-Morris
Rej Beauchemin
David Tremblay
Ville Hostikka

Malek is unlikely to ever be brought over (in this organization, anyway) in my opinion. Hostikka is years away.

Bruckler, Grumet-Morris, Beauchemin, and Tremblay will all have to be signed at the end of next season for their rights to be retained. As bringing in 4 rookie goalies at once is highly unlikely (not to mention nearly impossible), Clarke will probably pick the best 1 or 2. Seeing as he was able to trade 2 non blue chip prospects (which I thought was very rare) in Rick Kozak and Colin Fraser this season, I think we'll see the same thing late next year as he decides who his guy(s) is/are. In addition factor in Niittymaki and the lockout.

GKJ 03-30-2004 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrachlinexperience

absolutely not. neil little serves a purpose with the Flyers/Phantoms. He has been around so long for a reason, and the Flyers would be smart to keep Little around as long as he wants to play.

If we get more goalie prospects coming in, they can always be loaned to another AHL team or they can play in the ECHL.

Rex88 03-30-2004 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
absolutely not. neil little serves a purpose with the Flyers/Phantoms. He has been around so long for a reason, and the Flyers would be smart to keep Little around as long as he wants to play.

If we get more goalie prospects coming in, they can always be loaned to another AHL team or they can play in the ECHL.

He does serve a purpose, but I would rather see him as a coach at this point. I would like to have as many young kids learning to play under our coaching staff with the Phantoms and that includes the goalies.

Pontifex Maximus* 03-30-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Little may be a valuable assest to the team but if there was a situation in which it was Little or a prospect, you have to let the prospect have the spot. Let's not blow Little's contributions out of proportion.

GKJ 03-30-2004 08:19 PM

Neil Little's job is to teach by example (except when he gets into brawls :D)

Perhaps one day, Neil Little will go into coaching on the Phantoms staff, but right now this is his role as a player and he does it very well. The year he was loaned to Grand Rapids after the Calder Cup team of '98 (beating the St. John's Flames who had Martin St. Louis on it), the tandem of Brian Boucher and Jean-Marc Pelletier was less than stellar, even though Boucher made the Flyers the next season, and definetaly affected their development (both are in Phoenix, and both are likely to be no more than carreer backups)

Pontifex Maximus* 03-30-2004 08:27 PM

Quote:

Neil Little's job is to teach by example (except when he gets into brawls :D)

Perhaps one day, Neil Little will go into coaching on the Phantoms staff, but right now this is his role as a player and he does it very well. The year he was loaned to Grand Rapids after the Calder Cup team of '98 (beating the St. John's Flames who had Martin St. Louis on it), the tandem of Brian Boucher and Jean-Marc Pelletier was less than stellar, even though Boucher made the Flyers the next season, and definetaly affected their development (both are in Phoenix, and both are likely to be no more than carreer backups)

Brian Boucher and Jean-Marc Pelletier not playing great may have had to do with Little's absense. May have.

We'll never really know until he's gone. And even then it's debatable.