HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Official Game Thread: NYR @ PHI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65424)

Melrose_Jr. 03-27-2004 08:14 AM

Official Game Thread: NYR @ PHI

Early match today. Messier, Dunham and Bouchard out. Nycholat in, Valiquette likely to start.

Post 'em if......eh, you know what yo do. ;)

in the hall 03-27-2004 08:23 AM

hope jr gets some vengence in the scoring fasion.. i fear the rangers and valiquette are going to pull one out of their you know whats....

Big Bill 03-27-2004 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
hope jr gets some vengence in the scoring fasion.. i fear the rangers and valiquette are going to pull one out of their you know whats....

5-1 Philly

Roenick, Gagne 2, Leclair, Handzus

Balej

dedalus 03-27-2004 09:02 AM

With Valiquette in I'd say our chances of keeping pace for the #5 pick are quite good.

John Flyers Fan 03-27-2004 09:05 AM

Who the hell is Valliquette ???

Melrose_Jr. 03-27-2004 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus
With Valiquette in I'd say our chances of keeping pace for the #5 pick are quite good.

I dunno. The mighty Flyers couldn't beat Dubielewicz 2 nights ago.

John Flyers Fan 03-27-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

That was the turning point of the game. He played very well, and Snow looked like, well Snow.

Theoren Fan 03-27-2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedalus

Why wouldn't McLennan start? That would be my guess...

RangersFan 03-27-2004 09:20 AM

C'mon Flyers, just keep on doing what you're doing to us...

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-27-2004 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersFan
C'mon Flyers, just keep on doing what you're doing to us...

I hope Brashear tries something stupid, I hope their are some fights.

7-2

Rangers: Balej, Pock
Flyers: Roenick, Brashear, Johnsson, Zhamnov, Timander, Gagne 2

I think alot of fights happen today.

MisterUnspoken 03-27-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.

Dubielewicz is a damn good goaltender, don't knock the guy. He is a Jussi Markannen or Martin Gerber. Solid guy that you can use to give your top guy a few games rest and not worry about losing. As far as I'm concerned the Isles are set on goaltending for a long time.

Burberry Manning 03-27-2004 11:50 AM

I'd love to see Grenier play today but I guess it's not going to happen. I want to see a few fights today but with the current state of our team I dont know if that is a good thing for us. Haha things could get funny if Brash and Fedurok just start running our team out there, cause there really isnt anyone that we have that can stop them. Dale can only do so much and the Donald "the helmet basher" Brashear went to town on McCarthy's face the last time they met up. I can only imagine how young guys like Lundy, Lampman, Murray, Balej, and Pock are going to react when they get slapped around like schoolgirls by those thugs. The Flyers are going to feel like they are playing an AHL team out there. Should be comical to watch.

dedalus 03-27-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleeding blue
The Flyers are going to feel like they are playing an AHL team out there.

With good reason. They are.

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-27-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleeding blue
I'd love to see Grenier play today but I guess it's not going to happen. I want to see a few fights today but with the current state of our team I dont know if that is a good thing for us. Haha things could get funny if Brash and Fedurok just start running our team out there, cause there really isnt anyone that we have that can stop them. Dale can only do so much and the Donald "the helmet basher" Brashear went to town on McCarthy's face the last time they met up. I can only imagine how young guys like Lundy, Lampman, Murray, Balej, and Pock are going to react when they get slapped around like schoolgirls by those thugs. The Flyers are going to feel like they are playing an AHL team out there. Should be comical to watch.

I think Murray can handle his own. Murray, Dale Purinton and McAllister

Firefly 03-27-2004 12:02 PM

as long as 1 or two of the new guys scores, ill be happy. even if its a 9-2 loss.

Barnaby 03-27-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
Why wouldn't McLennan start? That would be my guess...

Because the Rangers set their sites on the real objective :D

Melrose_Jr. 03-27-2004 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
Dubielewicz is a damn good goaltender, don't knock the guy.

Not knocking him at all. Just saying that the Flyers aren't necessarily going to capitalize just because they're facing a goaltender with little or no NHL experience, like Valiquette.

Clarence Swamptown 03-27-2004 01:03 PM

Gonna take a guess,,, Purinton with the penalty

Clarence Swamptown 03-27-2004 01:04 PM

Nice job Dale....,,He should be paying rent for all the time he spends in the box

Son of Steinbrenner 03-27-2004 01:10 PM

JAGR :yo:

i can't wait to watch him for a full season. although a sneaky poster likes to think he has a chronic injury problem. (which he doesn't) he gives an A+ effort every game

nyr5186 03-27-2004 01:15 PM

Cant say Im happy that we're winning now. But I've gotta say, for those people who think Jagr is washed up and is not the same player he was five years ago, think again. He's been dominating other teams' defensemen for three weeks now with no support around him. Plus he's not pouting or anything. I really think he's trying to make the most of his opportunity here in New York. He understands the reputation the Rangers have with big name players coming over and underachieving. Looks like he's determined to be the exception to that rule and prove that he's still has it and he's more mature than he was in the past.

It'll be fun watching him don the Blueshirt jersey next year.

RangersFan 03-27-2004 01:37 PM

Who the hell do these guys think they are? Damn it go beat freaking Washington not teams u are supposed to lose to like the Flyers. Nice setup from Balej though...

007 03-27-2004 01:37 PM

Green! Great pass by Balej, Lundmark and Green were in good position.

Draft or no, I'm glad that the Rangers are beating the Flyers on a Saturday afternoon. Does that ever happen?

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-27-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Cant say Im happy that we're winning now. But I've gotta say, for those people who think Jagr is washed up and is not the same player he was five years ago, think again. He's been dominating other teams' defensemen for three weeks now with no support around him. Plus he's not pouting or anything. I really think he's trying to make the most of his opportunity here in New York. He understands the reputation the Rangers have with big name players coming over and underachieving. Looks like he's determined to be the exception to that rule and prove that he's still has it and he's more mature than he was in the past.

It'll be fun watching him don the Blueshirt jersey next year.

Wow Josh Green. He impressed me more than he did the first time he was here. He looks good with Lundmark and Balej, I like this line for the future. :yo:

Ocelot 03-27-2004 01:38 PM

Man what a start too the second. I like the Lundmark/green/Balej line.