HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   is a trade coming this weekend?(player movement) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=654372)

itstheroc87 06-24-2009 06:56 PM

is a trade coming this weekend?(player movement)

overall gut feeling, will the flyers make a move this weekend?(not, do you want them to. but, will they?)

TheDrizzle81 06-24-2009 06:59 PM

There will be some wheeling and dealing. Homer knows we have issues, and we need to address those and make cap room. Does that mean something big? I dont think so.

kammy 06-24-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itstheroc87 (Post 20039547)
overall gut feeling, will the flyers make a move this weekend?(not, do you want them to. but, will they?)

will be interesting to see the lineup at the start of the season.

my predictions for movement: gagne + lupul

ph 06-24-2009 07:08 PM

there is no way we are trading Gagne

TheDrizzle81 06-24-2009 07:09 PM

No way Gags moves. None. I doubt briere moves too.

BobbyClarkeFan16 06-24-2009 07:10 PM

I think movement will be minor at best. There are too many teams who are in the same position as the Flyers (backs up against the wall cap wise) and there are too many teams who just aren't interested in taking on a large contract, even though they have more than enough space.....

GKJ 06-24-2009 07:14 PM

The Flyers don't typically make huge moves at the draft. I mean, Umberger for a 1st I guess is, but not anything groundbreaking. The biggest one I can think of at the moment is Fedotenko and 2 2nds for Pitkanen. At least under this 2nd reign of Ed Snider.

Anyways, it depends what your expectations are. They will make a trade. 100% guaranteed. The question is who is the team they're swapping draft picks with.

Lab Monkey 06-24-2009 07:50 PM

I got a feeling either Lupul or Jones is moved by the end of the weekend.

ELab2 06-24-2009 08:02 PM

I think something decently big will happen, if they want to add anyone of quality they'll have to make a big move this weekend to allow that to happen. I think that's the plan.

DickTony 06-24-2009 08:16 PM

Gagne is not going anywhere.

there's just no way. I'd personally punch homer in his jaw.

dr.rosenrosen 06-24-2009 08:35 PM

I'm super excited for this weekend, trying to get someone to cover my shift Friday night so can watch the draft.

RJ8812 06-24-2009 08:59 PM

If yes, it'll involve Lupul, Jones or Carle, not Briere and especially not Gagne

JGalt 06-24-2009 10:51 PM

I can't comprehend why anyone thinks the Flyers would ever move Gagne. Just makes no sense.

flyerfan1248 06-25-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph (Post 20039676)
there is no way we are trading Gagne

Gags ain't waiving his NTC. When his contract expires, though... Could anyone else besides me see Gags signing for a cheaper deal to help out the Flyers cap issues? :huh:

Kaktus* 06-25-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 (Post 20039740)
The Flyers don't typically make huge moves at the draft. I mean, Umberger for a 1st I guess is, but not anything groundbreaking. The biggest one I can think of at the moment is Fedotenko and 2 2nds for Pitkanen. At least under this 2nd reign of Ed Snider.

Anyways, it depends what your expectations are. They will make a trade. 100% guaranteed. The question is who is the team they're swapping draft picks with.

Homer made trades in each and every year. 1st for Timonen and Hartnell, Umbergers trade, Emingers trade, hopefully JayB trade for Lups this year.

flyerfan1248 06-25-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaktus (Post 20043259)
Homer made trades in each and every year. 1st for Timonen and Hartnell, Umbergers trade, Emingers trade, hopefully JayB trade for Lups this year.

I think Jones is gonna be included in that trade. So JBO replaces Jones' spot on D and say... JVR or someone like that will take Lupul's spot on Forward.

phlocky 06-25-2009 03:01 AM

I think the Flyers will make a big trade on Saturday. I doubt anybody trades a 1st this year for J-Bo's rights by the draft on Friday and I think the Flyers will make a move for him on Saturday. Here's what I htink it will be and why:

To Fla: Lupul + 81st OA 9one of the 3rds we got this year)
To Phi: J-Bo (rights to negotiate with him for a week) + conditional 2010 1st (Flyers only get the pick if J-Bo wals)

Lupul + 3rd would be fair return for J-Bo's rights IMO and if we were to just trade Lupul + a 3rd this year then a mid 1st next year (probably where Fla will be next year) is probably fair return.

JVR will replace Lupul in the top 9 next year and if by chance he's not ready by opening night for the NHL then Nodl can always keep his locker warm until JVR is ready to displace him.

The Flyers CANNOT trade Carle before we have a replacement signed because there is no way we leave that big of a hole in our top 2 pairings. If J-Bo walks then we have the same top 4. We can still try to make another trade or sign a different UFA but Carle is a failsafe at this point. If J-bo is signed THEN Carle can be dealt for something, probably a forward prospect and a 2nd (yes I know it's TERRIBLE asset management because we'd have basically traded away two 1sts for a 2nd a 3rd and a prospect but when you make trades out of NEED you set yourself up to be taken advantage up).

J-Bo (6.5-7 mil)+ JVR (2.5-3 mil)>>>>>> Carle (3.4 mil) + Lupul (4.25 mil).

We increase our cap hit by about 1.5 mil but we do have the cap space to add that much at this point. I think we are about 5 mil under the cap as it sits right now and those are the extent of the moves we'd have to make for next season. We'd probably have the cap space to sign Knuble to a 1 or 2 year deal at about 2-2.5 mil per year.

LaLaLand 06-25-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 20039694)
No way Gags moves. None. I doubt briere moves too.

I doubt any team would take on DB's contract..One of Gagne, Hartnell, or Carter will have to move in the coming seasons. Gagne more than likely imo

Kaktus* 06-25-2009 06:34 AM

Lupul + Carle for Jay Bouwmeester plus something would be ideal.

I wonder if Flyers could move up if the offered Carle or trade Carle for cheap RW, cheap RFA forward 15-20 goal scorer.

Richyrich 06-25-2009 09:48 AM

I see Lupul being moved for the rights to J-Bo... Would be a a great move and a bit of a salary dump

96 06-25-2009 09:54 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282829

Dreger says that the Flyers are interesting in dealing for Ryane Clowe, but that San Jose reportedly is asking for Hartnell or Giroux in return...a price the Flyers are not willing to pay. How great would Clowe fit in as a Flyer though? He'd be a grittier and younger replacement for Knuble. A Gagne - Richards - Clowe line would be awesome.

Dig Out Your Soul 06-25-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter (Post 20046030)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282829

Dreger says that the Flyers are interesting in dealing for Ryane Clowe, but that San Jose reportedly is asking for Hartnell or Giroux in return...a price the Flyers are not willing to pay. How great would Clowe fit in as a Flyer though? He'd be a grittier and younger replacement for Knuble. A Gagne - Richards - Clowe line would be awesome.

**** Dreger. I don't see a point to this deal, especially not at that price.

DrHamburg 06-25-2009 10:10 AM

Clowe would be nice, but he is going to get around 3.5 million a year i would suspect and he isn't better than Hartnell or Giroux, so this deal wont happen.

I think a Lupul + Jones for JBo is going to happen. Jones is in the final year of the deal and they can just put him in the minors for a salary dump.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Briere is shipped to Toronto, Montreal, or L.A., those 3 teams are determined to make a splash.

IrishSniper87 06-25-2009 10:11 AM

Clowe?

Really?

hahahhaha

flyguy 06-25-2009 10:17 AM

I don't want to get my hopes up, so I voted no