HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings Twitter Tracker (Trade Reports/Offers per Twitter) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=654598)

MollerManor 06-25-2009 11:30 AM

Kings Twitter Tracker (Trade Reports/Offers per Twitter)
 
Never thought news would come to this, but here is what Daryl just posted via Twitter:

""Just spoke with Hexy about what OTT is asking for in exchange for Heatley. He said "1 or 2 players and our fifth pick." DE (Daryl Evans) ""

source: http://twitter.com/lakingshockey

Knight of the Realm 06-25-2009 11:36 AM

All that means is that they have talked with B. Murray on some level. Doesn't mean anything is close, especially if one of those players is a guy like Brown.

DaAnimal 06-25-2009 11:38 AM

no thanks. Proceed on with our fifth pick :)

TonySCV 06-25-2009 11:41 AM

I want Heatley's skill... just not the head case that does along with it.

MollerManor 06-25-2009 11:44 AM

It would be interesting to see if we can 'Deano 3-way' where we trade our 5th to Toronto for the 7th and (insert your favorite player here) and then the 7th and (insert your non-untouchable player/prospects here) to Ottawa for Heatley.

not tellin* 06-25-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 20047685)
I want Heatley's skill... just not the head case that does along with it.

i dont mind the headcase, i just mind the purse given up for the headcase.

DIEHARD the King fan 06-25-2009 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollerManor (Post 20047495)
Never thought news would come to this, but here is what Daryl just posted via Twitter:

""Just spoke with Hexy about what OTT is asking for in exchange for Heatley. He said "1 or 2 players and our fifth pick." DE (Daryl Evans) ""

source: http://twitter.com/lakingshockey

I'm sure DL is twittering B.Murray right now. Heck, he may even be updating his Facebook page too. :sarcasm:

Buddy The Elf 06-25-2009 11:59 AM

Woohoo... that is one hot tweet!

JDM 06-25-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icyfur (Post 20047759)
i dont mind the headcase, i just mind the purse given up for the headcase.

Same here.

One must also consider that he is a headcase because he has a giant ego from being insanely talented. Like, Kovalchuk talented. With that big ego will come a man on a mission to prove himself against all the hate I'm sure he is getting and will continue to get. He will be out to prove himself next year on his new team, and I fully expect at the least a 40-40 season from him whereever he goes, if not a 50-50 repeat.

Its about 3 years from now when I would start to worry about the headcase being a problem. Until then, its a blessing.

TonySCV 06-25-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 20047986)
Its about 3 years from now when I would start to worry about the headcase being a problem. Until then, its a blessing.

Quitting on coaches every 6-12 months is not a blessing.

Captain_Cunney 06-25-2009 12:11 PM

Just from an Ottawa perspective, calling Heatley a "head case" is a bit much. He's really taking a bad rap right now, which he deserves, but prior to this he was a model citizen in Ottawa.

He is more of a prima donna, as long as he gets top line minutes he's fine. If he went to the Kings he would be the MAN, which is exactly what he wants. I can't stand the guy anymore but the abuse he is taking is a little bit much, he isn't nearly as bad of a character as the media is painting him out to be.

JDM 06-25-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 20048013)
Quitting on coaches every 6-12 months is not a blessing.

My point is that I think at first he won't be so ballsy as to cause a ruckus his first season, possibly 2. Its after that I would see him making a fuss.

My other point was that the downside of him being a headcase also has the upside of motivating him to excel to extremely high levels of play... Its just how long he is willing to keep it up that is a problem.

I've decided that I would trade prospects for Heatley, but not the 5th pick.

TonySCV 06-25-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho (Post 20047984)
Woohoo... that is one hot tweet!


ciccarelli80 06-25-2009 12:17 PM

Who are the other personnel tweeting? RH, TL?

TonySCV 06-25-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM (Post 20048208)
My point is that I think at first he won't be so ballsy as to cause a ruckus his first season, possibly 2. Its after that I would see him making a fuss.

My other point was that the downside of him being a headcase also has the upside of motivating him to excel to extremely high levels of play... Its just how long he is willing to keep it up that is a problem.

I've decided that I would trade prospects for Heatley, but not the 5th pick.

Fair enough.. and you are right, you're always going to get some sort of baggage with any player - Heatley just has a truckload of it. Given how badly we need exactly what Heatley provides... it's hard to pass on a guy with those skills.

JDM 06-25-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney (Post 20048179)
he isn't nearly as bad of a character as the media is painting him out to be.

Exactly. He has had problems with coaches, but I've never heard of him having trouble with players or being a locker room cancer like Avery.

He is definately a prima donna though, but like I was just saying, that in part helps him reach new heights, even though he may pout if not used in all the right situations.

I see it this way, Heatley is not a guy that will turn your locker room upside down. He won't incur the wrath of the other players. He might argue with a coach though, and he is more of a me first guy than a team first guy, which is definately cause for concern.

TonySCV 06-25-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciccarelli80 (Post 20048275)
Who are the other personnel tweeting? RH, TL?

RH = Ron Hextall
DE = Daryl Evans
HA = Heidi Androl
DL = Dean Lombardi
MF = Mike Futa
LR = Luc Robitaille
MY = Mark Yanetti
TL = Thomas LaRocca - Kings website content manager

Ziggy Stardust 06-25-2009 12:36 PM

TL is the web content manager, Thomas LaRocca I believe.

As far as the Heatley rumors. I think with Hextall and Lombardi have been posturing by publicly speaking out against Heatley's actions in an attempt to diminish his value.

If they could acquire him for Frolov and Johnson straight up without the 5th pick, get the deal done. Then have room to sign a dman like Ohlund to round out the top two pairings and slowly get Hickey into the lineup and ready for full time duties in 2010-2011.

TonySCV 06-25-2009 12:41 PM

"Terry Murray and the rest of the coaching staff has joined us for lunch in the suite. Like us, the coaches have meetings all day. MY"

http://features.csmonitor.com/innova..._photo1_sm.jpg

RonSwanson* 06-25-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollerManor (Post 20047495)
Never thought news would come to this, but here is what Daryl just posted via Twitter:

""Just spoke with Hexy about what OTT is asking for in exchange for Heatley. He said "1 or 2 players and our fifth pick." DE (Daryl Evans) ""

source: http://twitter.com/lakingshockey

It's too bad they're not actually asking for the Kings' fifth pick, but rather their first pick.

PSP 06-25-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 20048443)
RH = Ron Hextall
DE = Daryl Evans
HA = Heidi Androl
DL = Dean Lombardi
MF = Mike Futa
LR = Luc Robitaille
MY = Mark Yanetti
TL = no idea. It's apparently the person managing the Twitter site for the Kings.

Unless she is agreeing to one of your inapproriate advances, why would any of you care what Heidi Androl has to say?

not tellin* 06-25-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP (Post 20049337)
Unless she is agreeing to one of your inapproriate advances, why would any of you care what Heidi Androl has to say?

why would you care enough to ask why we care?

Scottkmlps 06-25-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MollerManor (Post 20047495)
Never thought news would come to this, but here is what Daryl just posted via Twitter:

""Just spoke with Hexy about what OTT is asking for in exchange for Heatley. He said "1 or 2 players and our fifth pick." DE (Daryl Evans) ""

source: http://twitter.com/lakingshockey

Not a chance in hell for a guy that WANTS to be moved. Sorry Mr. Murray but the ball is not in your court on this one.

DeeMeck 06-25-2009 02:17 PM

Ottawa just needs to stand pat to maximize his value. There will be teams that strike out in free agency that will come calling.

faceoffking 06-25-2009 02:22 PM

don't want to sound pessimistic but we'll probably be one of those teams that strikes out...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.