HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lockout question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65470)

DarthSather99 03-27-2004 11:38 AM

Lockout question

If there is a lockout next year does this mean that Hartford can not play their games, since the players have contracts with the Rangers?

in the hall 03-27-2004 11:39 AM

i don't think it affects the ahl in anyway, other then perhaps some nonwaiver elligable nhlers will be spending time there

Broadway Brett 03-27-2004 05:45 PM

I know for a fact that ther will be an AHL season next year no matter what

NYR2 03-27-2004 06:11 PM

Well, that's good for some of the young guys that need that playing time. And also for Danny, if he's able to play when the season starts.

And good for me since I can get to a few games lol. :D :handclap:

NYR469 03-27-2004 08:35 PM

the only thing that it would effect is that guys that need to clear waivers wouldn't be sent down

Skroob* 03-27-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR2
And also for Danny, if he's able to play when the season starts.

Will he? He's been in the NHL for two seasons, and has never appeared on an AHL roster. I think as far as the AHL is concerned, hes a full-time NHL-er ( i would imagine), so im not certain he can play there.

NYR469 03-27-2004 09:37 PM

blackburn can be sent down cause he doesn't need to clear waivers yet...

teams can send down anyone they want, just by doing so they 'hurt' the owners cause in a way because those players then still get paid...

teams will often counter this by calling up career ahlers to screw them out of $$...a lockout won't hurt a guy like holik, but it would kill a guy like gernander, so owners screw players like that to put pressure on the nhlpa

in the hall 03-28-2004 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skroob
Will he? He's been in the NHL for two seasons, and has never appeared on an AHL roster. I think as far as the AHL is concerned, hes a full-time NHL-er ( i would imagine), so im not certain he can play there.

For the purposes of regular season waivers and the Waiver Draft, the five-year exemption for an 18-year-old skater and four-year exemption for a 19-year-old skater are both reduced to three years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19-year-old playes in 11 games or more. The next two seasons, regardless of whether the skater plays any games in either season, shall count as the second and third years toward satisfying the exemption.
For purposes of regular season waivers and the Waiver Draft, the six-year exemption for an 18-year-old goaltender and five-year exemption for a 19-year-old goalternder are both reduced to four years commencing the first season that the 18 or 19-year-old plays in 11 NHL games or more. The next three seasons, regardless of whether the goalie plays any games in any season, shall count as the next three years toward satisfying the exemption.
The first season in which a player who is age 20 or older plays in one or more professional games shall constitute the first year for calculating the number of years he is exempt from waivers.
The rights granted to assign a player who is otherwise required to clear waivers to a minor league Club expire for any player, who, after clearing Waiver Draft or regular season waivers; is not sent to a minor league club, or is recalled from a minor league Club (except on emergency recall) and; remains on an League roster for 30 days or plays 10 League games

Forechecker 03-28-2004 09:01 AM

According to an agent I know, the NHLPA and the NHL are in "war" talks about who will be eligible to play where and those sorts of questions. Not peace talks, WAR talks. Ick.