HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   GDT: NHL Draft @ Montreal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=654984)

btn 06-26-2009 07:16 AM

NHL Draft @ Montreal

It is the moment we have all been looking forward to, since around January :naughty:

The NHL Draft is upon us:

Will DW move the #4 pick?

How many trades will the Thrashers make today?

Do we trade one of our goaltenders today?

All these questions and more, should be answered in due time.

A reporting note: Due to the AJC not sending someone to cover the draft, I think the three main breaking news sources you have to chose from for the Thrashers will be The Blueland Blog on the official site, Craig Custance at TSN.com, and our very own Falconer who is in Montreal reporting from his birdwatchersanonymous.com blog.

dj4aces 06-26-2009 08:20 AM

Today is my birthday.

D-Wad, don't **** this up.

TasteofFlames 06-26-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn (Post 20061723)
It is the moment we have all been looking forward to, since around January :naughty:

The NHL Draft is upon us:

Will DW move the #4 pick?

How many trades will the Thrashers make today?

Do we trade one of our goaltenders today?

All these questions and more, should be answered in due time.

A reporting note: Due to the AJC not sending someone to cover the draft, I think the three main breaking news sources you have to chose from for the Thrashers will be The Blueland Blog on the official site, Craig Custance at TSN.com, and our very own Falconer who is in Montreal reporting from his birdwatchersanonymous.com blog.

Custance got the bump to TSN? Where was I?

kracker1 06-26-2009 08:24 AM

It occured to me that the Alfred E. Neuman pic could be a slightly older Opie after a hard night out back of the barn of smoking cigarettes and sipping Mayberry moonshine...probably Helen's 14 yr old niece was around, too.

Sorry, just killing time. Thanks for the info tips.

John Cena* 06-26-2009 12:45 PM

are we not high on Evander Kane ? I heard all these rumors of us trading the 4th o pick .

If we do trade the pick we better be getting a heck of a deal .

Selanne08* 06-26-2009 12:48 PM

i wouldnt mind trading the 4th to Toronto for a 7th plus more picks. or what about possible for the 7th + next years 1st?

i know we want help now but that can be a pretty high pick

John Cena* 06-26-2009 01:55 PM

Kane is a perfect fit for us .

Donny better not ruin my night tonight by doing something stupid . Dont trade Lehtonen . I dont wanna go through another season with the most goals against in the NHL .

StevenintheATL 06-26-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TasteofFlames (Post 20062312)
Custance got the bump to TSN? Where was I?

When he left the AJC, he ended up at The Sporting News (Not the Canadian sports network with the same initials.).

Shameus 06-26-2009 02:13 PM

Over on the blueland blog, there is a vid of DW talking about being more likely to keep the 4th and move the 34th pick

cws 06-26-2009 03:53 PM

Sweet! Good to know one our own will be there. Looking forward to reading Falconer's blog.
On Saturday most likely. I'll be on the sauce tonight starting right around draft time, my reading comprehension skills fall off a cliff pretty quickly once the brew starts flowing.

Here's hoping Shaemus is right. Keep the 4th pick, look to trade #34 or #45 plus somebody we have now to get the top-6 forward or shut down D that we really need.

Cheers!

John Cena* 06-26-2009 04:01 PM

Lol . I have a friend with the last name Hainsey . His girlfriend's last name is Kane . Now when we draft Evander , i can get them to become Thrashers fans .

I'm so pumped up for tonight , honestly . Do not disapoint us Donald . I'm heading to my friends house now to watch it . I'll either be back here later on tonight extremely happy , or extremely pissed .

Keys to tonights draft -
-Draft Evander Kane 4th overall . IF DW can get a decent offer for that pick , then maybe , maybe deal it .

-Do not trade Lehtonen . Please . We have no one to replace him .

-Do not do anything stupid i.e. trying to trade up in the draft or trading Colby Armstrong . I cant see us getting something great in return and without getting something great back then it would be stupid .

Lets win !

Holly Gunning 06-26-2009 04:26 PM

TSN, the Canadian one, is most likely to have the top breaking news.

tsn.ca/nhl

They seem to break most big NHL stories, and as a rightsholder at this draft, that should continue.

StevenintheATL 06-26-2009 04:35 PM

With apologizes to Hunter S. Thompson:

Quote:

In some circles the NHL Draft is a far, far better thing than the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby and the Lower Oakland Roller Derby Finals all rolled into one.
I'm actually more excited about the NHL Draft than I was the Stanley Cup Finals. The months of speculating, rumor mongering, and waiting with baited breath are about to be over.

Mister Rogers 06-26-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenintheATL (Post 20072338)
With apologizes to Hunter S. Thompson:

I'm actually more excited about the NHL Draft than I was the Stanley Cup Finals. The months of speculating, rumor mongering, and waiting with baited breath are about to be over.

Yeah haha, I am more interested in the draft then the finals too, actually it seems like its like that every year for me. I lose intrest during the playoffs

Thrashers 06-26-2009 05:58 PM

I hope we keep the pick. It look like we can get a legit talent in Kane. There is no need to pass him up.

btn 06-26-2009 06:02 PM

Well Falconer thinks we are keeping the pick.

Thrashers 06-26-2009 06:16 PM

That is good to hear.

BadHammy* 06-26-2009 06:39 PM

It has to be Kane for you guys. That'll help out so much.

Whaddagoal 06-26-2009 06:44 PM

comon, Kane... comon......

anticipation............too much...

Peter Sidorkiewicz 06-26-2009 06:47 PM

Welcome to Atlanta, Evander Kane:handclap:

TasteofFlames 06-26-2009 06:51 PM

wooooooooooooooo

Thrashers 06-26-2009 06:51 PM

Welcome to the Atl, Kane.

Whaddagoal 06-26-2009 06:52 PM

Woohoo!!!!!

Now..... the big question is.... will he be NHL ready next season?? I know TSN was spouting off no, but is that really the case?

btn 06-26-2009 06:53 PM

Well I am relieved. Good pick

4thliner* 06-26-2009 06:55 PM

Congrats Atlanta, you just might have walked away with the best player to come out of this draft in 5 years.

Evander Kane if he reaches his potential is a fast and more skilled version of Iginla who is just as tough. Kid's built like a MMA fighter.

Franchise player.

he will be better than Duschene book it!