HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Dogs vs Roadrunners (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65534)

montreal 03-27-2004 03:19 PM

Dogs vs Roadrunners
 
Damphousse in nets, and it's already ugly. 2-0 so far as Ferland got a 5 min major for high sticking. Brent Robinson makes his debut, #41 for the Dogs.



Edit: Danis is the backup today, so if the score gets out of hand, he may get in.

Aarex 03-27-2004 04:04 PM

I listened to the Interview with Mark Flood...I have to tell you I like what I am hearing out of this guy. Especially since he is determined to increase his size as he weighs in pretty small for a D

montreal 03-27-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rydified
I listened to the Interview with Mark Flood...I have to tell you I like what I am hearing out of this guy. Especially since he is determined to increase his size as he weighs in pretty small for a D



He is on the small side in terms of size, he's skinny but that can be fixed. I hope the Habs sign him over the summer and let him play in Hamilton next year instead of going back to the Petes.


Dogs lose 3-0, ouch!

habitants9_4 03-27-2004 06:37 PM

I was at the game, and Robinson looked good.

scoubidoo 03-27-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I was at the game, and Robinson looked good.

Can you give us a little report plz?

ProspectsFans 03-27-2004 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Damphousse in nets, and it's already ugly. 2-0 so far as Ferland got a 5 min major for high sticking. Brent Robinson makes his debut, #41 for the Dogs.

Do you know who were his linemates tonight?

ghostly rocket 03-27-2004 09:17 PM

I was at the Game. sat right behind the Dogs bench. Dogs looked lost all game. Very few chances. Going down 2-0 early didn't help. No offense whatsoever. It may just be another off game but Hainsey shows no emotion and plays the same way.

Cote, Vdarney showed me a little. Robinson's debut was typical of a first pro game. Very tentative. He has good speed but is slight and will need to understand the pro game. Didn't make any mistakes.

Both Gratton and Plecks were pissed almost everytime they came back to the bench. I've been around many benches and teams..I was surprissed at how little communication goes on between the dogs..maybe just a bad game

Missed Danis debut..He was the back up :mad:

penopekoo 03-27-2004 10:02 PM

I was also at the game.
Seats right near the ice in the corner but the whole game was in the other end! GAAAH

Anyway, Robinson looked really good in the first period. I liked the type of play I saw from him. In the second and third he wasn't as good, but he didn't look out of place. He played better than Ferland, at least. Ferland was invisible.

Also good were Plekanec and Perezhogin, who showed lots of hustle and made things happen. Hossa was invisible. Absolutely invisible. Hainsey looked good, but his shots kept missing the net. Several times he took a big slapshot from the point but just missed! I also thought Cote and Vydareny played solid, smart defensive games.

Damphousse was really bad. And I'm not just saying that because I wanted to see Danis (though I did). He let in three goals, Morrison (the Roadrunners' goalie) let in none. Same number of shots (or thereabouts), though.

Maybe they'll play Danis tomorrow. And Flood.

(FUN NOTE: Danis looks almost EXACTLY like Michaud, except with slightly lighter hair. I'm totally serious, I've seen them both live!)

Duster 03-28-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penopekoo
I was also at the game.
Seats right near the ice in the corner but the whole game was in the other end! GAAAH

Anyway, Robinson looked really good in the first period. I liked the type of play I saw from him. In the second and third he wasn't as good, but he didn't look out of place. He played better than Ferland, at least. Ferland was invisible.

Also good were Plekanec and Perezhogin, who showed lots of hustle and made things happen. Hossa was invisible. Absolutely invisible. Hainsey looked good, but his shots kept missing the net. Several times he took a big slapshot from the point but just missed! I also thought Cote and Vydareny played solid, smart defensive games.

Damphousse was really bad. And I'm not just saying that because I wanted to see Danis (though I did). He let in three goals, Morrison (the Roadrunners' goalie) let in none. Same number of shots (or thereabouts), though.

Maybe they'll play Danis tomorrow. And Flood.

(FUN NOTE: Danis looks almost EXACTLY like Michaud, except with slightly lighter hair. I'm totally serious, I've seen them both live!)

I'm back out west so I missed last night's game. I'm glad to hear Vydareny is starting to play better defense. It was a problem in Manitoba IMO so he must be listening to DJ. Too bad about Hossa but not surprising. In the last three games I've seen in Hamilton he's been completely invisible. He wants out I think or perhaps he's playing injured? I really miss Balej and wished Hossa would have gone to NY instead. At least Balej provided an effort and was a threat out there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.