HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Starter ????????????????? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65574)

bennysflyers16 03-27-2004 06:09 PM

Starter ?????????????????

Does Esche play both Montreal and Ottawa, if he drops the ball VS those 2 teams he's out. I think Esche has to play vs Ottawa for sure to see if his confidence is completely shot. What if Burke plays Montreal and shuts them out. We need to win one of those games so it will be important, high pressure games. Are we once caught in the dreaded goaltending controversy???? Whether or not Esche had any chance on the goals today, He is showing signs of cracking in the last few games. What do we DO ?? I know you all hate Burke, but Esche can't go the way he has played.

capn89* 03-27-2004 06:25 PM

If Esche is "the man" then he plays those two games with a subtext that reads "the job is yours to lose, so suck it up man." Like someone else mentioned, if they suddenly throw Burke in there, effectively giving up on their "man" then they're ****ed, seriously ****ed.

bennysflyers16 03-27-2004 06:35 PM

I'm just mad at Esche beacause I started him in my Fantasy pool and he almost single handedly screwed me out of $500. Also, a good friend of mine ( Bruins Fan) always argue about Esche and Raycroft, who's better, as of late, my arguement is not too good. I just want a steady goalie, anyone, does not matter. Right now I have Cechmanek syndrom when I watch the game. My heart is going to blow one of these days.

capn89* 03-27-2004 06:42 PM

Must be something in the water of Philadelphia... it happens with every goalie in this f-ing town. PLAY NIITTY!!!!

RoDu 03-27-2004 06:46 PM

the whole team has to play better in their own end, especially Esche. Maybe he's worn out, I dunno

Toonces 03-27-2004 07:17 PM

Hopefully Hitch will go back to Esche.

Since the trade, Burke has been average, while most of the season Chico has been great.

I would play Burke on the 1st, then stick Esche in for the last two games. It gives Escher a little while to refocus. It's too bad Hitch can't also scratch a few of the guys for their lack of effort since it's too close to the playoffs.

Dr.HelmutKohl 03-27-2004 07:32 PM

One game guys, one game... :shakehead :madfire:

FlyersHomer DM03 03-27-2004 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
I'm just mad at Esche beacause I started him in my Fantasy pool and he almost single handedly screwed me out of $500. Also, a good friend of mine ( Bruins Fan) always argue about Esche and Raycroft, who's better, as of late, my arguement is not too good. I just want a steady goalie, anyone, does not matter. Right now I have Cechmanek syndrom when I watch the game. My heart is going to blow one of these days.

Esche can just be Esche if we get the team to play how it should be playing, and we will be well off in the playoffs. Right now the team is a concern, Esche is a concern, we know Burke will suck too when he's in the game.

GKJ 03-27-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl

actually it has been more than one game

kingjdv 03-27-2004 08:25 PM

I thought this was a thread about the staff I drafted today. UGH!

capn89* 03-27-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
actually it has been more than one game

Exactly... and these people who keep whining "it's one game, it's one game" need to shut the **** up, because MAYBE "one game" isn't a big deal in October, but it's the end of March, nearly April so there are ZERO excuses.

Gert B Frobe 03-27-2004 09:26 PM

I think you start Burke on Thursday and then give Esche the last two - if he screws the pooch then- he can't start in the playoffs - and then we're done.

capn89* 03-27-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineers
I think you start Burke on Thursday and then give Esche the last two - if he screws the pooch then- he can't start in the playoffs - and then we're done.

You hit the nail right on the bloody head... Give Esche the last two... and he BEST shape up, because if he has to ship out, a cold Burke is going to be 100 times worse than a seasoned Burke...

GKJ 03-27-2004 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
I thought this was a thread about the staff I drafted today. UGH!

oops...I knew I forgot something :blush:

As for the 'one game' therory. In the playoffs, that one game could be Game 7.

sinisalo 03-28-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.HelmutKohl

3 goals on 14 shots vs Toronot
2 very bad goals vs NYI
shaky game vs NYR

That adds up to 3 games if I can still count correctly.

The playoffs are only 2 weeks away, this is NOT the time to fall flat on your face like Esche has. The whole team has.

capn89* 03-28-2004 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinisalo
3 goals on 14 shots vs Toronot
2 very bad goals vs NYI
shaky game vs NYR

That adds up to 3 games if I can still count correctly.

The playoffs are only 2 weeks away, this is NOT the time to fall flat on your face like Esche has. The whole team has.

Even I Have... my ****ing nose!!! AHHHH, JESUS!!!!

not quite yoda 03-28-2004 02:05 AM

You guys don't seem too confident.

FlyHigh 03-28-2004 11:08 AM

mon dieu, you guys give the guy such a rough break. where has the D been on 1/2 of these goals. The problem is that the whole mentality is "we score up and robert will bail us out." then when he doesn't make 5 incredible saves per game, everyone turns on the guy. Play decent defense and he will do fine. I have not read much about how our PP ABSOLUTELY SUCKS right now. can't blame it all on robert, score 1-2 goals a game and you can see what happens.

Coburnfan05 03-28-2004 11:17 AM

If Hitch goes with Burke we are done plain and simple. The team will lose focus and Esche will lose faith in his ability. I know he has had 3 bad games in a row but he has been steady all year. Yes those games were important but once the playoffs start and we have a healthy line up with more focus and urgency I think Esche will be more effective.

capn89* 03-28-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
mon dieu, you guys give the guy such a rough break. where has the D been on 1/2 of these goals. The problem is that the whole mentality is "we score up and robert will bail us out." then when he doesn't make 5 incredible saves per game, everyone turns on the guy. Play decent defense and he will do fine. I have not read much about how our PP ABSOLUTELY SUCKS right now. can't blame it all on robert, score 1-2 goals a game and you can see what happens.

21 Shots On Goal... The defense has been there (allowing very few shots) Esche, as the goalie (and as is expected with the position) is expected to be there and make the saves when the puck is fired at him. The team has been giving up very few shots and for some reason he's just not stopping the shots... On the first goal (Jagr) it may have been a roofer, but Esche was down WAY too early... If he stays on his feet the shot hits him in the chest. He just needs to get his reaction and decision making back to where it was. I'd rather have seen this happen in January than in March with very few games left.

Pontifex Maximus* 03-28-2004 12:04 PM

Don't look now but Niittymaki had another shutout last night, impoving his numbers to 2.03gaa and .922sv%.

Bob Clarke Fan Club 03-28-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
If Hitch goes with Burke we are done plain and simple. The team will lose focus and Esche will lose faith in his ability. I know he has had 3 bad games in a row but he has been steady all year. Yes those games were important but once the playoffs start and we have a healthy line up with more focus and urgency I think Esche will be more effective.

I tend to agree that Esche will bounce back but as far as how we'd do if Burke was given the job...nobody knows, they speculate.

cneely 03-28-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16

Raycroft's much, much better.

You weren't going to win that pool anyway Benny...

King Fish 03-28-2004 04:20 PM

What did Philly do to be cursed? It's either our goalie, or we can't score to save our lives, or our top two centers injured. We need a break. Please god, give us a break.

capn89* 03-28-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Fish
What did Philly do to be cursed? It's either our goalie, or we can't score to save our lives, or our top two centers injured. We need a break. Please god, give us a break.

**** the break, give us the Stanley Cup and I'll be happy. :p