HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rumor B. Schenn still on the table?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=655966)

cloaked 06-28-2009 12:31 AM

B. Schenn still on the table??
 
Lombardi has till wednesaday to decide.

http://mapleleafshotstove.com/index....talking-trade/

Shadow Flyer 06-28-2009 12:34 AM

I smell ********

Dark Knight 06-28-2009 12:35 AM

This site is as worst than Hockeybuzz.

I dont trust a thing.

Habsterix* 06-28-2009 12:36 AM

:laugh: Thanks for the link.


Can't deny that Burke looked very pissed off when Schenn got selected...

Abyss 06-28-2009 12:37 AM

Yeah, I'm sure GM's draft players out of spite.

Plus, that's just not a great deal for LA. Why the hell would they want Poni or White.

Jeffler 06-28-2009 12:38 AM

I like it, especially since we we don't give up Kadri (who has grown on me immensely in the last 24 hours)

Dark Knight 06-28-2009 12:39 AM

I think its a solid deal for L.A but this stuff is just not true.

Why the hell wouldnt any team want Poni or White ?

Every single Leafs player is getting underrated, it seems.

Jeffler 06-28-2009 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abyss (Post 20115658)
Yeah, I'm sure GM's draft players out of spite.

Plus, that's just not a great deal for LA. Why the hell would they want Poni or White.

You wouldn't want a 30 point 25 year old D-Man and a 62 point under 30 winger for a combined total of less than 3.5M?

cloaked 06-28-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer (Post 20115633)
I smell ********

It does talk about LA making the 5th pic out of spite for burke and his negotiation tactics. This can be corroborated with the look on burkes face when Schenn was selected, and that was classic by the way.

It interests me because I am wondering if Burke is finally getting the point: that he may need to overpay; not by much but just enough to get his man.

Assuming this offer is on the table, it means we get to keep Kadri. I like Kadri as a pick and I am glad we didnt go for a Dman. Schenn on top of that would make up for the less than stellar later round picks.

Bill McNeal 06-28-2009 12:42 AM

He's just a little drafted, he's still good, he's still good.

Willard 06-28-2009 12:44 AM

It ain't happening.

The Kings drafted Brayden Schenn because they want him. Schenn's game will develop in the Kings organization.

Period.

cloaked 06-28-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willard (Post 20115720)
It ain't happening.

The Kings drafted Brayden Schenn because they want him. Schenn's game will develop in the Kings organization.

Period.

I don't deny the Kings want/wanted him(as suggested before the draft began), but there were strong rumors about LA shopping the pick for veterans.

LA is a team without much balance in terms of age. I think(and i think LA thinks this too) they are too young and they need some vets. This is a deal that can do that for them.

Willard 06-28-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinbh (Post 20115690)
It does talk about LA making the 5th pic out of spite for burke and his negotiation tactics. This can be corroborated with the look on burkes face when Schenn was selected, and that was classic by the way.

It interests me because I am wondering if Burke is finally getting the point: that he may need to overpay; not by much but just enough to get his man.

Assuming this offer is on the table, it means we get to keep Kadri. I like Kadri as a pick and I am glad we didnt go for a Dman. Schenn on top of that would make up for the less than stellar later round picks.

Heh. Having Schenn in the Kings organization means infinitely more to the Kings than mere spite for Burke. Please.

Although the camera showing Burke as he missed out on Schenn was a very enjoyable moment I must say.

Knight of the Realm 06-28-2009 12:49 AM

Schenn is a prototypical DL type player and from every video I've seen the Kings are very happy with their selection. Pissing off Burke was an added bonus and the comment about only picking him for that reason seemed to be made in jest. Lombard is not going to deal Schenn. Let it go Leaf fans.

Maybe Doughty, Hickey, and Brayden can convince Luke to come play in LA in a few years.

Willard 06-28-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinbh (Post 20115744)
I don't deny the Kings want/wanted him(as suggested before the draft began), but there were strong rumors about LA shopping the pick for veterans.

LA is a team without much balance in terms of age. I think(and i think LA thinks this too) they are too young and they need some vets. This is a deal that can do that for them.

I don't buy it. That deal won't fly. There are other and far better ways to get "age". This whole thing is wishful thinking from Leafs partisans.

Habsterix* 06-28-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinbh (Post 20115690)
It does talk about LA making the 5th pic out of spite for burke and his negotiation tactics. This can be corroborated with the look on burkes face when Schenn was selected, and that was classic by the way.

I concur...



seanlinden 06-28-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frogurt (Post 20115712)
He's just a little drafted, he's still good, he's still good.

Post of the year right there! Don't think I could've summed it up any better.

Abyss 06-28-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverse Flying V (Post 20115680)
You wouldn't want a 30 point 25 year old D-Man and a 62 point under 30 winger for a combined total of less than 3.5M?

Um, well I don't think either would do very well on a team like LA where the likely wouldn't get as good an opportunity.

i can't believe that even after Toronto doesn't get Schenn there are still rumors they will.

Granted I hope they do get him and overpay for him.

Predsrule 06-28-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salsabil (Post 20115678)
I think its a solid deal for L.A but this stuff is just not true.

Why the hell wouldnt any team want Poni or White ?

Every single Leafs player is getting underrated, it seems.

ur a mod surly you know that if it has tor in it then value goes down 20 fold ...
at least on this site

LAX attack* 06-28-2009 12:53 AM

I have to say, that I didn't take it seriously at first, but the premise that a general manager would use a 5th overall selection just to spite someone may be the stupidest notion that has ever been conceived.

Then again, I assume it was the same group of people who weaved this little web of retardation who also feel that LA having the 5th overall pick and choosing the almost unanimous BPA is some sort of injustice as well.

cloaked 06-28-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 (Post 20115811)
I have to say, that I didn't take it seriously at first, but the premise that a general manager would use a 5th overall selection just to spite someone may be the stupidest notion that has ever been conceived.

Then again, I assume it was the same group of people who weaved this little web of retardation who also feel that LA having the 5th overall pick and choosing the almost unanimous BPA is some sort of injustice as well.

Didn't it seem to you that Burke took Kadri to spite Murray??

In any case, you, and others saying the same thing, are probably right. I thought I would just pass on the link.

Ideally, Burke should be able to drive up the price for Kaberle if there are enough teams in contention. However, he may want lukes brother pretty bad. Either way, it's shaping up to be an interesting summer.

Dark Knight 06-28-2009 01:01 AM

Burke actually muttered that he wants Kadri first, before even Murray told him who he really wanted.

When Burke found out that Murray was indeed looking to trade up for Kadri, thats when Burke said that they'll keep the pick and draft him.

No spite whatsoever. Murray was infact offering a deal to Burke, but it appeared it was a no-brainer for Burke to select Kadri when he found out Murray's intentions.

LAX attack* 06-28-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinbh (Post 20115840)
Didn't it seem to you that Burke took Kadri to spite Murray??

Not at all? I don't think that Burkie is that thick

Quote:

In any case, you, and others saying the same thing, are probably right. I thought I would just pass on the link.
It would not be so annoying if this attitude/notion was not so often repeated

Quote:

Ideally, Burke should be able to drive up the price for Kaberle if there are enough teams in contention. However, he may want lukes brother pretty bad. Either way, it's shaping up to be an interesting summer.

The whole brother thing is overrated, unless you are the Sedins. I mean, other than being used to lure UFA Niedermayer, what did Special (Rob) Nieds ever do with Scott that he couldn't have done on his own?

Smif 06-28-2009 01:03 AM

Trading first round picks 2 years in advance is very risky, I'm saying this because without Kabs, White, and Poni we would surely be a bottom 10 team and would most likely become our first in 2011, that pick could easily be a very high one as well, rebuilds take A LOT longer then people expect (I'm sure LA fans can confirm this). I think this would end up being a huge deal for the Kings.

Kopistar 06-28-2009 01:06 AM

Don't any of you realize that DL and BB are good friends. DL was clearly joking when he said that. Also the rumor came from a canadian rumor site which I don't put much stock into seeing as Leaf fans think that they got screwed out of Schenn


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.