HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OT: 19th Obsequious Banter Thread: The 19th Nervous Breakdown (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=656950)

Opus 06-30-2009 02:55 PM

19th Obsequious Banter Thread: The 19th Nervous Breakdown
 




http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/T...FHjQUbygJl.jpg


Click link for last thread

Don Nachbaur 26 06-30-2009 03:10 PM

I was just hosting a Townhall meeting on the overhead when an AIM popped up. Could've been horrible...thank god it wasn't. I'll make sure to double check that next time...:shakehead

chaosof99* 06-30-2009 03:18 PM

Since I'm suffering from hockey-withdrawal I'm watching the game 5 against the Pens again:

1) Watching the replays of Asham's shot for the 1-0 there is only one word to describe it: Perfect. Absolutely perfect. Over the defender's stick, over Fleury's shoulder, right into the corner of the pipes. Simply perfect.

2) It is almost cute how Malkin tries to sell the goal he kicked in.

3) It's a joke how Briere got a penalty but Orpik got not. Actually Orpik got away with at least three penalties in the 2nd period alone.

4) Giroux is going to be one of the best players in the league in a few years.

5) Fleury is absolutely the only reason the Pens won that series.

6) At least half of the arena music they played in Pittsburgh has appeared in a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game.

7) The Mellon Arena has really really ****ed up boards.

8) They key to solve the Flowerpot is to are east-west passes and shooting high on them.

Jules801 06-30-2009 03:41 PM

In reference to the Flyers 'shopping Emery and Pronger's head on Flyer jerseys.....

I guess they saw my work and wanted to one-up me..LOL.

Personally, I think that's kinda cheesy (for them). Wait ;til you have some pics...Jeesh.

dbr2 06-30-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 20158872)
In reference to the Flyers 'shopping Emery and Pronger's head on Flyer jerseys.....

I guess they saw my work and wanted to one-up me..LOL.

Personally, I think that's kinda cheesy (for them). Wait ;til you have some pics...Jeesh.

Jules I saw that yesterday and thought of you.:laugh:
Maybe you should send them a resume! All hfb's stuff.

PhilaFlyers 06-30-2009 04:06 PM

The Lightning did the same last year with Stamkos.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7755/stamkosad.png

CanadianFlyer88 06-30-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 20158229)
5) Fleury is absolutely the only reason the Pens won that series.

:shakehead

chaosof99* 06-30-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 20159773)
:shakehead

Um, Fleury stole game 4. If Fleury plays just a tiny bit worse in that game we win it 5-2. And we most likely had won game 2 easily as well against another goaltender. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

IrishSniper87 06-30-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers (Post 20159678)
The Lightning did the same last year with Stamkos.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/7755/stamkosad.png

God, that is downright horrible, haha.

TheDrizzle81 06-30-2009 04:44 PM

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://blogs.citypages.com/sports/Na...ic%2BFlair.jpg

LMFAO

CanadianFlyer88 06-30-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 20160182)
Um, Fleury stole game 4. If Fleury plays just a tiny bit worse in that game we win it 5-2. And we most likely had won game 2 easily as well against another goaltender. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Saying that he was the only reason is hilarious.

Fleury had two phenomenal games in the series. He certainly wasn't the reason the Pens won Game 1 or Game 6, though.

BillyShoe1721 06-30-2009 05:37 PM

I'm still laughing about the Canadiens trade. I love watching them collectively crash and burn.

nevermore 06-30-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 (Post 20163897)
Saying that he was the only reason is hilarious.

Fleury had two phenomenal games in the series. He certainly wasn't the reason the Pens won Game 1 or Game 6, though.

He wasn't even the reason they won Game 2.

CanadianFlyer88 06-30-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 20163986)
I'm still laughing about the Canadiens trade. I love watching them collectively crash and burn.

I like this move from Montreal's perspective even though Gomez's salary is too high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevermore (Post 20164130)
He wasn't even the reason they won Game 2.

He played very well in that game. His save on Carter kept the Pens close enough to tie it and was a defining moment in the series.

Jules801 06-30-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbr2 (Post 20159557)
Jules I saw that yesterday and thought of you.:laugh:
Maybe you should send them a resume! All hfb's stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApogeeRocket (Post 20159728)
As I said in the previous thread (last post! :D ), it just screams laziness on their part. Trust me, that picture has nothing on your stuff.

Employment opportunity, maybe? :naughty:

Yeah, I should, I'll tell them I'll work for season tix!

IrishSniper87 06-30-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 20163986)
I'm still laughing about the Canadiens trade. I love watching them collectively crash and burn.

Agreed!

Phunhog 06-30-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 20163986)
I'm still laughing about the Canadiens trade. I love watching them collectively crash and burn.

Unfortunately at the benifit of the rangers.

TheDrizzle81 06-30-2009 07:10 PM

Man I bored.

Giroux tha Damaja 06-30-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosof99 (Post 20158229)
8) They key to solve the Flowerpot is to are east-west passes and shooting high on them.

If you can consistently get shots to the top shelf after east-west passes, you're going to score at a nice rate against any goalie (not just Fleury).

JLHockeyKnight 06-30-2009 09:09 PM

I see avatars are now gone...

UseYourAllusion 06-30-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 20171136)
I see avatars are now gone...

Must be like draft day.

It's like the house lights going down at a concert. I like it.

Opus 06-30-2009 09:27 PM

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...466c432887.jpg

Superman33 06-30-2009 09:46 PM

So after being sick since Saturday I was officially diagnosed with Swine Flu today. Tested positive for Influenza A, which the only strain going around is Swine Flu. Hopefully it is, because if its another kind we are screwed aka bird flu. Luckily I gave my sister Swine Flu on Sunday and now she has it too, so we are sequestered together. Any one have any good movies to watch or something? Once you start taking the meds you are supposed to wait a week to go near people again so we need things to do. After eating taco bell, wearing sombreros, and laughing about it we kinda got bored. My worse day with Swine Flu was Saturday and overall I found the virus to be pretty weak sauce.

I need three days of activities...or actually two since tomorrow I can be all over UFA day instead of being at work.

Giroux tha Damaja 06-30-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman33 (Post 20172441)
So after being sick since Saturday I was officially diagnosed with Swine Flu today. Tested positive for Influenza A, which the only strain going around is Swine Flu. Hopefully it is, because if its another kind we are screwed aka bird flu. Luckily I gave my sister Swine Flu on Sunday and now she has it too, so we are sequestered together. Any one have any good movies to watch or something? Once you start taking the meds you are supposed to wait a week to go near people again so we need things to do. After eating taco bell, wearing sombreros, and laughing about it we kinda got bored. My worse day with Swine Flu was Saturday and overall I found the virus to be pretty weak sauce.

I need three days of activities...or actually two since tomorrow I can be all over UFA day instead of being at work.

I'm glad you're okay, but you are Superman, so that might explaine why you found the virus to be such weaksauce? I didn't know Superman could even get swine flu (this must be one bad ass strain of influenza).

The new UFC game is kind of fun if you're into MMA. Not great, but it'll kill some time.

ilovetheflyers8 06-30-2009 11:36 PM

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...y-in-here.html

I found this article about the draft amusing- thought I'd share


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.