HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Isles will monitor Komy, Conklin, Anderson, Scuderi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=657555)

IslesBeBack* 07-01-2009 10:25 AM

Isles will monitor Komy, Conklin, Anderson, Scuderi
 
According to Botta: Islanders will make calls to Colton Orr, Scott Clemmenson, Craig Anderson, Ty Conklin and will monitor the Komisarek and Scuderi situation(s).

Should be interesting to see what the league's worst team does. :laugh:

MisterUnspoken 07-01-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185662)
According to Botta: Islanders will make calls to Colton Orr, Scott Clemmenson, Craig Anderson, Ty Conklin and will monitor the Komisarek and Scuderi situation(s).

Should be interesting to see what the league's worst team does. :laugh:

Colton Orr? Nooooo..... I don't want him punching Rangers in the head.

taunting canadian 07-01-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185662)
According to Botta: Islanders will make calls to Colton Orr, Scott Clemmenson, Craig Anderson, Ty Conklin and will monitor the Komisarek and Scuderi situation(s).

Should be interesting to see what the league's worst team does. :laugh:

Signing Conklin would be a good idea. Their young guys like Okposo and Tavares would get some great playoff experience when they go to the Stanley Cup finals and lose.

FromDubiToZherdev* 07-01-2009 10:28 AM

Scuderi is definitely going to the Isles. Nice guy. My friend is really good friends with him. He is bringing the cup to the Mausoleum soon.

IslesBeBack* 07-01-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkay2009 (Post 20185754)
Scuderi is definitely going to the Isles. Nice guy. My friend is really good friends with him. He is bringing the cup to the Mausoleum soon.

I figured he was going to come to the Islanders. This UFA has Komisarek-Scuderi all over it. Snow seems inclined on pleasing the masses this summer :laugh:

IslesBeBack* 07-01-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken (Post 20185717)
Colton Orr? Nooooo..... I don't want him punching Rangers in the head.

The next NYI-NYR game is going to be much different than this past years versions, I think we can all agree on that :laugh:

grabo84 07-01-2009 10:32 AM

If he has to pay through the nose for Scuderi-Komisarek that'll be a mistake. Neither is worth the money they'll be demanding, and I'd never pay that much for a D who treats the puck like a hand grenade.

Yzlamic Extremist 07-01-2009 10:32 AM

What? NO! Conklin is supposed to go to Philly or Boston, or else his Winter Classic streak will end!

Komy-Streit wouldn't be bad..

E_Godard 07-01-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken (Post 20185717)
Colton Orr? Nooooo..... I don't want him punching Rangers in the head.

Me either, Id rather Neil or just stick with Joel Rechlicz.


Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185827)
This UFA has Komisarek-Scuderi all over it. Snow seems inclined on pleasing the masses this summer :laugh:

Not without unloading Sutton somehow..

IslesBeBack* 07-01-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_Godard (Post 20185920)
Me either, Id rather Neil or just stick with Joel Rechlicz.




Not without unloading Sutton somehow..

Oh, Botta also said the Islanders will be looking to deal Sutton. So, I guess you've read Snow's mind.

Sutton - man what a failure. I think this signing may be one of the worst for Snow.

E_Godard 07-01-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185966)

Sutton - man what a failure. I think this signing may be one of the worst for Snow.

Id be amazed if we could find a taker.

VHC 07-01-2009 10:36 AM

I would take Komisarek or Scuderi, not both. I just wish the contract amounts were going to be more reasonable, but that's how it is. Orr I am not interested in, it's not hard to find an enforcer. I think we can make Joel Rechlicz into an enforcer who is good enough to not be a liability. I really liked him in what I saw. He also went with Laraque with zero hesitatation and did alright, which for a young kid is pretty admirable. No one really cares but that takes real guts.

Schenn 07-01-2009 10:41 AM

Cool Beans.

Okposofan21 07-01-2009 10:45 AM

no to scuderi.

IslesFTW 07-01-2009 10:45 AM

If the price is reasonable, I wouldn't mind Komisarek:

Streit-Komisarek(good top pairing which includes one all around great defenseman, and one hard hitting big bodied defensive defenseman)
Witt-Gervais(basically like the description above, except one or two notches below in talent level)
Sutton-Martinek/Meyer(can't complain about this as the last pairing)

VHC 07-01-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185966)
Oh, Botta also said the Islanders will be looking to deal Sutton. So, I guess you've read Snow's mind.

Sutton - man what a failure. I think this signing may be one of the worst for Snow.


Give me a break. You can't blame Snow because a player wound up losing a season to injury, it just turned out that way.

And if you think Sutton is a crappy player you probably have a selective memory because the Andy Sutton who played for Gordon was a LOT different (20 pounds lighter) than the guy who played for Nolan.

Nolan had him as a big lumbering stay at home type, had him bulk up and wanted him to be a monster. This past season he got in better shape and turned into a huge mother****er who is quick enough to cut off the attacker and mean enough to eliminate them with extreme prejudice. Positionally he wasn't great but in those few games before his foot shattered he was a worthwhile player to have on any hockey team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFTW (Post 20186319)
If the price is reasonable, I wouldn't mind Komisarek:

Streit-Komisarek(good top pairing which includes one all around great defenseman, and one hard hitting big bodied defensive defenseman)
Witt-Gervais(basically like the description above, except one or two notches below in talent level)
Sutton-Martinek/Meyer(can't complain about this as the last pairing)


That is a pretty brutal D lineup. Not brutal as in bad but Brutal as in large and punishing. That's not overspeed, though. I think we would want more puck movers, these guys have to be active in the play and in the offensive zone.

IslesBeBack* 07-01-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VHC (Post 20186381)
Give me a break. You can't blame Snow because a player wound up losing a season to injury, it just turned out that way.

And if you think Sutton is a crappy player you probably have a selective memory because the Andy Sutton who played for Gordon was a LOT different (20 pounds lighter) than the guy who played for Nolan.

Nolan had him as a big lumbering stay at home type, had him bulk up and wanted him to be a monster. This past season he got in better shape and turned into a huge mother****er who is quick enough to cut off the attacker and mean enough to eliminate them with extreme prejudice. Positionally he wasn't great but in those few games before his foot shattered he was a worthwhile player to have on any hockey team.




That is a pretty brutal D lineup. Not brutal as in bad but Brutal as in large and punishing. That's not overspeed, though. I think we would want more puck movers, these guys have to be active in the play and in the offensive zone.

I'm not going to sit here and argue over what kind of player Andy Sutton is. The guy sucks, and at best, he is Number 6 defenseman.

But okay?

IslesFTW 07-01-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VHC (Post 20186381)

That is a pretty brutal D lineup. Not brutal as in bad but Brutal as in large and punishing. That's not overspeed, though. I think we would want more puck movers, these guys have to be active in the play and in the offensive zone.

Maybe it isn't "overspeed," but it is the best we can probably ice for next year.

Note: I didn't read the article. It said that Sutton is likely to be traded if we sign Komisarek[or Scuderi], so the third paring in my example would be "Martinek-Meyer," not "Sutton-Martinek/Meyer."

Little Nilan 07-01-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFTW (Post 20186665)
Maybe it isn't "overspeed," but it is the best we can probably ice for next year.

Note: I didn't read the article. It said that Sutton is likely to be traded if we sign Komisarek[or Scuderi], so the third paring in my example would be "Martinek-Meyer," not "Sutton-Martinek/Meyer."

Didn't I tell you yesterday the Isles would go hard after Komi? I think if he doesn't sign with a western team, he'll be an Isle.

KH1 07-01-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185827)
I figured he was going to come to the Islanders. This UFA has Komisarek-Scuderi all over it. Snow seems inclined on pleasing the masses this summer :laugh:

I don't think the Isles have the roster flexibility to sign both Snow and Scuderi. There's no way they will get any sort of value back for Sutton, even though he has only 1 year left on his deal, and nobody wants any of the Isles other reject d-men either. They can certainly make a move for one guy (and, no matter how they try to spin the media, I think that the Isles want Komisarek) but I don't see them signing 2 impact defensemen.

IslesFTW 07-01-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Henry I (Post 20187022)
I don't think the Isles have the roster flexibility to sign both Snow and Scuderi. There's no way they will get any sort of value back for Sutton, even though he has only 1 year left on his deal, and nobody wants any of the Isles other reject d-men either. They can certainly make a move for one guy (and, no matter how they try to spin the media, I think that the Isles want Komisarek) but I don't see them signing 2 impact defensemen.

Agreed. There is no way they get both Scuderi and Komisarek, considering they only want to reach the cap floor. And I agree that they will probably go for Komisarek over Scuderi.

It Was 4 to 1* 07-01-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting (Post 20185966)
Sutton - man what a failure. I think this signing may be one of the worst for Snow.

anchoring the defense in the 07-08 defense when everyone else went down with injuries was awful

Darth Milbury 07-01-2009 11:23 AM

Honestly, I don't know what the ISles will do. I can't see them as players in the race for big name UFAs. But, they do have to get to the floor. So, some spending seems likely.

I predict they'll sign a vet backup, and maybe a vet meathead goon. But, i don't expect much beyond that.

Strummergas 07-01-2009 12:49 PM

Where did the other Komisarek thread go?

dredeye 07-01-2009 12:53 PM

instead of monitoring them here's a little suggestion try and sign them


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.