HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   First Round Opponent (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65859)

Pontifex Maximus* 03-28-2004 07:27 PM

First Round Opponent

At this point, I wouldn't mind losing the division and playing Toronto in the first round rather than Ottawa or New Jersey if we win the division. But we could also lose the division and end up being the 6 seed and play the Devils anyway but not have home ice. I really don't think it matters. We'll have to beat either New Jersey, Toronto, or Ottawa to win the east and we are more than capable of that when 100%. Right now, I think this team is in a bit of a depression and it will end Game 1 when it really matters.

FlyersHomer DM03 03-28-2004 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrachlinexperience
At this point, I wouldn't mind losing the division and playing Toronto in the first round rather than Ottawa or New Jersey if we win the division. But we could also lose the division and end up being the 6 seed and play the Devils anyway but not have home ice. I really don't think it matters. We'll have to beat either New Jersey, Toronto, or Ottawa to win the east and we are more than capable of that when 100%. Right now, I think this team is in a bit of a depression and it will end Game 1 when it really matters.

no matter who we play, we're gonna need a gallant effort to get this team to actually play. In a perfect world, we get up to #2 (dont know if we still can, dont want to look at standings) and face the Habs. Either way, I want home ice, and if we play Jersey or Ottawa first round, fine. If we lose first round, I don't want it to be against Toronto or Boston---I want us to have a crack at the Devs and Sens, the two teams I dislike the most.

Christ 03-28-2004 08:05 PM

Playing the Leafs in the first round is a bad thing for any team. Not because I believe that the Leafs are impossible to beat or anything it is just the fact that the Leafs will play a very physical series. Everyone knows that the Leafs perhaps more than any other team in the NHL rely on hard hitting to win them games in the playoffs. Even if your team beats the Leafs, they are bound to be banged up after the series and at a dissadvantage. Catching the Leafs in later rounds on the other hand is much more practible as the Leafs will be the team that is banged up. Desired first round opponents for the Flyers would be Montreal, NY Islanders or Ottawa.

Sniperz25 03-28-2004 09:01 PM

We will play NJ in the first round and prove to everyone that we can beat them.

capn89* 03-28-2004 09:21 PM

If the Flyers don't wake the hell up and get their heads out of their *****, jersey will catch us (now trailing by 2 points) and we'll end up playing Toronto or Ottawa in the first round... granted, you eventually have to beat everyone if you want to win the cup, but we will NOT survive past two rounds if we have to play Toronto, Ottawa or New Jersey in round 1.