HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hows Der Pock-Meister Looking? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=65925)

st_roland 03-29-2004 04:05 AM

Hows Der Pock-Meister Looking?
 
I was contemplating picking up thomas pock in the later rounds of a fantasy draft. How has he played so far?

Potted Plant 03-29-2004 07:53 AM

Pock is getting rave reviews, but unless it's a pretty big draft, I doubt I would draft him. There's no guarantee he'll be in the lineup consistently next year or the year after.

sickboy35 03-29-2004 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Pock is getting rave reviews, but unless it's a pretty big draft, I doubt I would draft him. There's no guarantee he'll be in the lineup consistently next year or the year after.

wha???? that just makes no sense at all?

Potted Plant 03-29-2004 10:46 AM

Are you suggesting there is a guarantee that Pock will be a full-time player next year? That seems awfully bold and ambitious.

sickboy35 03-29-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Are you suggesting there is a guarantee that Pock will be a full-time player next year? That seems awfully bold and ambitious.

well how do you mean drafted? he's signed to a professional contract, not a try out? he's on the rangers now and he much better than purinton and bouchard! i don't think he's going anywhere away the rangers as of right now, but i would like to say i'd pencil him in to next years line-up too!

28 03-29-2004 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
well how do you mean drafted? he's signed to a professional contract, not a try out? he's on the rangers now and he much better than purinton and bouchard! i don't think he's going anywhere away the rangers as of right now, but i would like to say i'd pencil him in to next years line-up too!


FANTASY draft.

007 03-29-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickboy35
well how do you mean drafted? he's signed to a professional contract, not a try out? he's on the rangers now and he much better than purinton and bouchard! i don't think he's going anywhere away the rangers as of right now, but i would like to say i'd pencil him in to next years line-up too!

Don't forget, he'll have to compete with Kasper, Kondratiev, perhaps Baranka and any vets we may or may not sign for next season, though.

in the hall 03-29-2004 01:34 PM

you are assuming its a 1 year league which i doubt is the case.. pock is a good risk pick

Safir* 03-29-2004 04:58 PM

How would you best describe Pck's defensive game? I mean is he liability like Poti. You get the point.:)

in the hall 03-29-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomACE
How would you best describe Pck's defensive game? I mean is he liability like Poti. You get the point.:)

not at all... there are few in the league that are as much of a liability as poti

honestly i think its more a myth because he used to be a forward so people nitpick.. what is most impressive is his positioning, he is not overly physical but knows where to go and is smart with the puck and with his stick (unlike poti he knows more then poke checking)... i think the only detractor other then his not very physical defense, is he seems to pinch too much something poti does but that is their game.. i suppose we are spoiled by leetch

dumpsathernow* 03-29-2004 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Are you suggesting there is a guarantee that Pock will be a full-time player next year? That seems awfully bold and ambitious.

what are u talking about they wouldnt have signed the kid for no reason if he aint in next year it will be the year after, pock and tyutin are something to build around with nyrs defense. he is a talent and looks very good coming straight from college ... where do u get your views from????? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

dumpsathernow* 03-29-2004 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
Don't forget, he'll have to compete with Kasper, Kondratiev, perhaps Baranka and any vets we may or may not sign for next season, though.

baranka ( dont even count himm we are monmths away from the draft )???? kondartiev???? they are pretty good prospects... pock coming form college looks very good and steady, not nervous looks like a proffesional he belongs to stay and play in Ny i see him and tyutin our top player s on d "d" pock i think will turn out out ok. anyone got any comparisoons who they think he can turn out to be similar to???? i would say, hmmmm cant think of any names off my head but i would say a 50 point d man same for tyutin

pock- rachunek
kasparitis- tyutin
sean hill (would like to see him here )-lampman/ kondartiev, rather see lampman

we need some north american players in our lineup

007 03-29-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay 'n skeeta
baranka ( dont even count himm we are monmths away from the draft )???? kondartiev???? they are pretty good prospects... pock coming form college looks very good and steady, not nervous looks like a proffesional he belongs to stay and play in Ny i see him and tyutin our top player s on d "d" pock i think will turn out out ok. anyone got any comparisoons who they think he can turn out to be similar to???? i would say, hmmmm cant think of any names off my head but i would say a 50 point d man same for tyutin

pock- rachunek
kasparitis- tyutin
sean hill (would like to see him here )-lampman/ kondartiev, rather see lampman

we need some north american players in our lineup

Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying that Poeck will have competition with other the d-men not playing right now who will be trying for a spot on the opening-night roster. Baranka, probably not yet, but Kondratiev, based on everything I've read, should be ready. I like Poeck very much, he's played very well thus far. I don't think he's played enough NHL games to start calling him a top-2 d-man already, though.

Then again, it doesn't look like the Rangers will have any top-2 d-men next year. Personally, I'd be like to see Tyutin on the top pairing, because he's a guy I'm think will be a top-2 d-man. (but if Poeck fits there, too, more's the better). I think Tyutin could see 50 points per season, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it, because I think he's the type of player who'd clean up defensively before looking for offence (though he'll definitely chip in). That's what I really like about him. :bow:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.