HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Great opportunity for A.Kost (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=659863)

DiXEN8 07-04-2009 12:14 PM

Great opportunity for A.Kost
 
Alot of people already identify our first line as Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta but I think it would be much better to mix our top 2 lines.

A.Kost - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - S.Kost/Pacioretty/D'Agostini

Cammalleri could probably bring back the o7'-o8' plekanec with his scoring touch.

What you guys think?

Maxpac 07-04-2009 12:19 PM

Reading that was dissapointing.

A.Kost does have a golden opportunity, to play RW and be the playmaker and puck mover on his line ala Kovalev like he has the potential to be, he's not the prototype finisher, we have Maxpac and Latendresse for that. Andrei needs to be able to move the puck with his stick facing the middle of the ice to have the most options possible.

Cammalleri-Gome-Gionta is set in stone imo.

King Of The World 07-04-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 20284976)
Reading that was dissapointing.

A.Kost does have a golden opportunity, to play RW and be the playmaker and puck mover on his line ala Kovalev like he has the potential to be, he's not the prototype finisher, we have Maxpac and Latendresse for that. Andrei needs to be able to move the puck with his stick facing the middle of the ice to have the most options possible.

Cammalleri-Gome-Gionta is set in stone imo.

^^ IMO to be quite honest....With Martin as our head coach ... that's not going to be set in stone....sure they might be a sure fire bet on our 1st PP...but i don't see him putting the 3 smurfs together right away....ya maybe if we go through some dark times in the season he'll put them together to get a jump out of the team. But right out of the stables? I highly doubt it ... look for Martin to mix them up a bit

Pascal 07-04-2009 12:38 PM

the "3 smurfs" fit so well together I doubt they won't go with them as a line to begin with. You need Cam on the first line, he's your 6M/yr sniper. Akost will have to do with Plek and Pac imo.

PK76 07-04-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 20284976)
Reading that was dissapointing.

A.Kost does have a golden opportunity, to play RW and be the playmaker and puck mover on his line ala Kovalev like he has the potential to be, he's not the prototype finisher, we have Maxpac and Latendresse for that. Andrei needs to be able to move the puck with his stick facing the middle of the ice to have the most options possible.

Cammalleri-Gome-Gionta is set in stone imo.

co-sign...I want to see him on the right wing.

Jedrik 07-04-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxpac (Post 20284976)
Cammalleri-Gome-Gionta is set in stone imo.

"Set in stone" and yet we're not even in training camp. It's probably the first logical choice to try, and I don't think anybody wants to see Carbo-level line juggling, but but there are other options if one line's not clicking right away. Camma also plays centre, and if Pleks is not getting the job done, we might see him as 3rd or even 4th line centre for parts of the season.

Kafka 07-04-2009 12:50 PM

Gionta was brought to play with Gomez, but I feel our three new players should be separated on two lines. A.Kostitsyn should now be moved on the right side (and I expect our new coach to lead him the way like he did for Hossa and to finally put him on the right side). That means that Gionta should either play LW (like he did when in the NCAA) or RW with Plekanec. Take into considaration also that Cammalleri as been playing as a LW recently.

We could discuss about this several times, but I expect a lot of combinations to be tried over the season. Last year, the Patioretti-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn line was increadible, and you could tell how good was Plekanec when he was playing with players who could skate.

Option 1
Cammalleri(L)-Gomez(L)-Gionta(R)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Latendresse(L)

Option 2
Gionta(R)-Gomez(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-Cammalleri(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Latendresse(L)

Option 3
Gionta(R)-Gomez(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
Cammalleri(L)-Plekanec(L)-Latendresse(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Patiorrety(L)

...

King Of The World 07-04-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pascal (Post 20285231)
the "3 smurfs" fit so well together I doubt they won't go with them as a line to begin with. You need Cam on the first line, he's your 6M/yr sniper. Akost will have to do with Plek and Pac imo.

Your telling me, Gainey just did a whole new face-about for the team for nothing? Cause from what your saying, basically the 3 forwards he just signed Gomez, Cam & Gionta are going to stay together in 1 line....and the rest of our team is pretty much going to be what we had last year? How stupid is that! Our team wont even change at all. We're going to have all the same players as last year, playing pretty much on the same lines they did, with the same roles. The only difference our first line? Haha....ya that's not going to happen.....you think Gainey did all this, just to have 1 line and 1 set of top 3 forwards? Hell no....look for him and more importantly Martin to mesh them up a bit so we have a REMOTE chance of having a good top 6 and 2 'GOOD' lines, as opposed to just 1 'SUPER' line

Habs 4 Life 07-04-2009 12:55 PM

If he plays on the 2nd line with Pleks,he his the go to guy(goal scorer),I hope he starts taking that wrist shot more often

Robiyardov 07-04-2009 01:02 PM

No further changes
 
If there are no further changes to the forwards, here is what I think it's going to look like.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta: They can all fly. The big body presence on the left side would be a good addition since he can skate with them.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn: Again, pretty fast. Capable scorers on both wings, but they are also good passers. If Plekanec can step it up, great. If not, we're in trouble.

Analyzer 07-04-2009 01:03 PM

Camms needs a skilled passer, that's why the top line will be what it will be.

Unless Martin feels otherwise.

King Of The World 07-04-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 20285559)
Camms needs a skilled passer, that's why the top line will be what it will be.

Unless Martin feels otherwise.

^^ IMO i don't think he will, maybe when we go through dry spells in the season and need scoring, etc, however that being said, they'll definitely be our #1 PP....but I don't think Gainey will gamble putting all his eggs in one basket, and by that I mean having one line worth almost 20 Mil a season together, and the first day they don't perform up to par: BOOM! Media goes crazy....you guys know how it is here....which makes Gainey pretty much f***e

Habsfanatical 07-04-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafka (Post 20285409)
Gionta was brought to play with Gomez, but I feel our three new players should be separated on two lines. A.Kostitsyn should now be moved on the right side (and I expect our new coach to lead him the way like he did for Hossa and to finally put him on the right side). That means that Gionta should either play LW (like he did when in the NCAA) or RW with Plekanec. Take into considaration also that Cammalleri as been playing as a LW recently.

We could discuss about this several times, but I expect a lot of combinations to be tried over the season. Last year, the Patioretti-Plekanec-A.Kostitsyn line was increadible, and you could tell how good was Plekanec when he was playing with players who could skate.

Option 1
Cammalleri(L)-Gomez(L)-Gionta(R)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Latendresse(L)

Option 2
Gionta(R)-Gomez(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
Patiorrety(L)-Plekanec(L)-Cammalleri(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Latendresse(L)

Option 3
Gionta(R)-Gomez(L)-A.Kostitsyn(L)
Cammalleri(L)-Plekanec(L)-Latendresse(L)
S.Kostitsyn(L)-Lapierre(L)-Patiorrety(L)

...


What about something like this?

A.Kostitsyn-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-S.Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Latendresse

Subban76 07-04-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robiyardov (Post 20285557)
If there are no further changes to the forwards, here is what I think it's going to look like.

Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta: They can all fly. The big body presence on the left side would be a good addition since he can skate with them.

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn: Again, pretty fast. Capable scorers on both wings, but they are also good passers. If Plekanec can step it up, great. If not, we're in trouble.

Those are my ideal top 2 lines, but only if Pacioretty is ready for top line duty. Hope he as a great camp and is ready to explode this year as a 20 goal scorer at least. That + is physical presence is all I need. I really see these lines together at the end of the season and playoffs, but I'm just not sure for the beginning of the season. It all depends on Max Pac.

Also, everyone of these 6 guys are at their natural positions with this lineup.

Add Latendresse-Lapierre-S. Kost/Dagostini and we are set.

lou4gehrig 07-04-2009 02:53 PM

I think Camm-Gomez are set in stone. I don't think Gomez-Gionta is a certianty, despite their familiarity with each other.

I think Camm-Gomez-A Kost could be terrifying. Gionta is a volume scorer shooting around 8% the last few years. A Kost is good finisher at around 13.5%.

I expect Lats, MaxPac, S Kost, A Kost, Gionta to be interchangeable on the top 3 lines depending on chemistry, who's on fire, etc. This is a good problem to have really.

Camm-Gomez-A Kost
MaxPac-Plek-Gionta
S-Kost-Laps-Lats

Each line has a bigger player in A Kost, MaxPac, Lats. This will help balance things out.

Kimota 07-04-2009 02:56 PM

How about transforming Andrei into a center. Then sign Lang for cheap. Two good sized centers.

Pascal 07-04-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Of The World (Post 20285426)
Your telling me, Gainey just did a whole new face-about for the team for nothing? Cause from what your saying, basically the 3 forwards he just signed Gomez, Cam & Gionta are going to stay together in 1 line....and the rest of our team is pretty much going to be what we had last year? How stupid is that! Our team wont even change at all.

what? so getting a new and better 1st line was for nothing? he didn't change anything? i don't understand your logic sir. :help:

He also changed the coach and added 2 guys with size in the backend. I don't know what is change if those things aren't...

Pascal 07-04-2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Of The World (Post 20285643)
^^ IMO i don't think he will, maybe when we go through dry spells in the season and need scoring, etc, however that being said, they'll definitely be our #1 PP....but I don't think Gainey will gamble putting all his eggs in one basket, and by that I mean having one line worth almost 20 Mil a season together, and the first day they don't perform up to par: BOOM! Media goes crazy....you guys know how it is here....which makes Gainey pretty much f***e

So we make lines depending on how much money they make now? And it's not Gainey's call who plays with who.

Subban76 07-04-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lou4gehrig (Post 20286881)
I think Camm-Gomez are set in stone. I don't think Gomez-Gionta is a certianty, despite their familiarity with each other.

I think Camm-Gomez-A Kost could be terrifying. Gionta is a volume scorer shooting around 8% the last few years. A Kost is good finisher at around 13.5%.

I expect Lats, MaxPac, S Kost, A Kost, Gionta to be interchangeable on the top 3 lines depending on chemistry, who's on fire, etc. This is a good problem to have really.

Camm-Gomez-A Kost
MaxPac-Plek-Gionta
S-Kost-Laps-Lats

Each line has a bigger player in A Kost, MaxPac, Lats. This will help balance things out.

Not A. Kost and Gionta. They are top 2 lines players and will never be on the 3rd line. We didn't get Gionta at 5M to play on the 3rd line. Not sure he would appreciate it either. Imagine is reaction, I signed up for 5 years of this?

I agree for the other guys, but Max Pac is the starting favorite to end up there at one point. Latender and Lapierre have a nice chemistry that I don't want to disrupt. For me, Max Pac, S. Kost and Dagostini are the floaters who will play on a line based on their performances.

MathMan 07-04-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiXEN8 (Post 20284893)
What you guys think?

I think you can put Lats in that "floating" slot somewhere to provide more hitting. And he's really a better winger 5-on-5 than all the other options listed there. Of course this entails separating him from Lapierre and people think they're joined at the hip, but I really want to see Latendresse be given a top-six role because his even-strength performance has been quite astonishing since pretty much when he's entered the league. I've liked some of the AKost-Lats chemistry I've seen at the times they've played together.

Cammy-Gomez-Gionta
Lats-Pleky-AKost
MaxPac-Lappy-SKost

Or if you want to play the brothers together around Pleks (it worked in the playoffs), Max-Pac/Lappy/Lats makes for an intriguing third line with lots of hitting, some serious scoring upside, and suprising promise defensively.

CGG 07-04-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Of The World (Post 20285426)
Your telling me, Gainey just did a whole new face-about for the team for nothing? Cause from what your saying, basically the 3 forwards he just signed Gomez, Cam & Gionta are going to stay together in 1 line....and the rest of our team is pretty much going to be what we had last year? How stupid is that! Our team wont even change at all. We're going to have all the same players as last year, playing pretty much on the same lines they did, with the same roles. The only difference our first line? Haha....ya that's not going to happen.....you think Gainey did all this, just to have 1 line and 1 set of top 3 forwards? Hell no....look for him and more importantly Martin to mesh them up a bit so we have a REMOTE chance of having a good top 6 and 2 'GOOD' lines, as opposed to just 1 'SUPER' line

Look at the end of last year for your clue. The team started playing a whole lot better when they loaded up one line (Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev). New coach, but I'd be shocked if we didn't get a steady dose of Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta.

That keeps the top checkers and top defensemen away from Pleks, and lets AKost really be the key guy on his line. I think the 2nd line LW spot is wide open (S Kost, Lats, MaxPac) but they should be able to contribute significant offense as well.

The plan wasn't just to bring in a new first line. They're also counting on a lot of the young guys to have much better seasons than before.

m00ks 07-04-2009 03:28 PM

I think Cammalleri might equally fall in love with Markov with that cross-ice pass. Still, you've spent top end money for, what I'm hoping to be, a top end line. I reckon they'll all be linemates but that's not to say Martin won't spice it up. Either way, Pleks better be ****ing ready...The season lies as much on him and Akost as to the chemistry on the 1st line.

MathMan 07-04-2009 03:33 PM

Hmmm... Let me throw something out just for fun.

Latendresse-Gomez-Gionta
SKost-Cammy-AKost
MaxPac-Pleky-d'Agostini
Stewart-Lapierre-Laraque

Swap MaxPac and Lats if you're worried Lats can't keep up with Gomez and Gionta.

This is the three-scoring-lines approach. Very different animal from the other lineups, but I think it could work.

YMCMBeaulieu 07-04-2009 03:38 PM

The Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta line needs to be put together. Gomez and Gionta obviously have chemistry and we need our best playmaker with our best sniper in Cammalleri.

Plekanec and Kostitsyn will need to anchor the second line and I like the idea of having some competition for the third spot on that line. We have Sergei, D'Agostini, Pacioretty and Latendresse (who I prefer play with Lapierre) having chances to be on a top 2 scoring line which will hopefully have each of these guys coming to camp hungry for that spot.

Agnostic 07-04-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiXEN8 (Post 20284893)
Alot of people already identify our first line as Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta but I think it would be much better to mix our top 2 lines.

A.Kost - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - S.Kost/Pacioretty/D'Agostini

Cammalleri could probably bring back the o7'-o8' plekanec with his scoring touch.

What you guys think?

Lines are changed all the time, but I see all the new guys playing together to form a needed impact line. A.kost will get his chances with PP2 time and good ice time on the secondi line.

I personally don't see Plekanec being here on opening night. Just a hunch that Andrei will have someone else dishing it to him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.