HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thrashers Roster 09/10 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=660077)

ArVeeDee 07-05-2009 03:29 AM

Thrashers Roster 09/10

Obviously the idea is from the other topic. How do YOU think our lines will look next season?

DungeonK 07-05-2009 04:58 AM

Kovalchuk - Peverley - Antropov
Kozlov - White - Little
UFA PKer - Reasoner - Armstrong
Boulton - Slater - Thorburn

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

mikedifr 07-05-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DungeonK (Post 20293035)
Kozlov - White - Little

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

Do you think Salmela and Valabik will be full time NHLers this year or will they try to get another dman?

Also, I would like to see Holzapfel get a shot at that 3rd line LW spot.

vyktor 07-05-2009 09:45 AM

Rather than clutter up your boards with a new thread I'll stick this in here since it affects next years roster.

What's up with Armstrong, I keep hearing rumors that he doesn't want to sign in Atlanta, haven't seen him file for arbitration or anything.

I've also heard that the Team loves him and wants to keep him around, isn't interested in moving his rights. Seems odd to me that he hasn't signed though, anyone have insight into what's going on?

blankspace6 07-05-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyktor (Post 20293897)
Rather than clutter up your boards with a new thread I'll stick this in here since it affects next years roster.

What's up with Armstrong, I keep hearing rumors that he doesn't want to sign in Atlanta, haven't seen him file for arbitration or anything.

I've also heard that the Team loves him and wants to keep him around, isn't interested in moving his rights. Seems odd to me that he hasn't signed though, anyone have insight into what's going on?

We have extended Qualifying Offers to 7 different players. None have yet to be re-signed at the moment. I think Waddell has been a little busy in the past few days.

Armstrong just recently had his wedding in Atlanta and he has not filed for arbitration. Both should be good indicators that he seems to like the city and the team.

Enstrom39 07-05-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyktor (Post 20293897)

DW is never in a big hurry to do contracts. Then throw in the Draft and Free Agency only being 4 days apart. Then Kovy's contract goes on the front burner. I wouldn't be shocked if they don't get around to talking serious with his agent until the end of July.

GetPucksDeep 07-05-2009 12:20 PM

DW is letting the market set the price of RFAs. That's the way it's always been done. If the players don't like his offer, then go get a better one, or just sign for 1 year. The teams hold most all the cards in the RFA market, so what's the rush? Should they just cave to an agent's demands just to get something done in the 1st week of July?

The interesting question will be whether they can agree on something longer with Lehtonen, or whether he does another 1-year deal.

AtlantaWhaler 07-05-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Kozlov - White - Little

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

Hey everyone...first post. I'm a big Thrash fan and I look forward to joining in on all the topics. It's been a great off season so far, I hope DW keeps up the good work.

I agree with these lines here (maybe Kulda could give Lewis a run for the final spot). I've seen other ideas with White back on the first line, but after the success of the Little White Russian line last year, I wouldn't mess with it.

TasteofFlames 07-05-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Kozlov - White - Little

Enstrom - Bogosian
Hainsey - Kubina
Valabik - Salmela
Lewis

Lehtonen
Hedberg

Pretty much exactly what I'd have. However, with Crabbe signed, I'd either slot him on the 3rd line LW, or bump him down to the 4th/pk duty in hopes that someone will take Boulton off our hands. I like boults, but he really doesn't do much for us (and yes, i'm calling him a ****** fighter).

Just realized Crabb's a RW, so there goes my idea :(