HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ray Whitney (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66027)

Stefan_Latulippe 03-29-2004 01:56 PM

Ray Whitney

I remember when Dagenais and Ribeiro injured Theodore with some high shots, most people on this board were asking for their heads. Some posters were saying that a VETARAN would never do that etc.....

Guess what!!! Ray Whitney did just that to Manny Legace last saturday...A veteran of more than 12 seasons in the NHL...... Just to let you know that when I saw that during the second intermission of HNIC with Bret Hul as was laughing so hard! And then, Hull said that it happens, no big deal!!!!

That'it!

Jacques Strappe 03-29-2004 02:01 PM

:teach: I believe what he (Hull) actually said was that he tells the #1 goalie where he's going to try some shots (high, low, glove, etc.)
He said it's open season on backups (this is where he was laughing). He wouldn't publicly berate Whitney. And right now, Legace is the #1 goalie, so I doubt he or management find it amusing.

That being said, s**t happens, and I'm sure these grown men learn to move on.

All-Star 03-29-2004 02:26 PM

So Whitney is a moron like Dagenais. There! Does that make you feel better? :shakehead

chicpea* 03-29-2004 02:31 PM

Latulippe, I recall people saying that an 'idiot' would do that, but not that a 'vetaran' wouldn't. Maybe you just made that up to fit with your Whitney story? Maybe I'm wrong though. :dunno:

EaGLE1 03-29-2004 02:34 PM

Luckyly for Legace, it was not a Golden Brett Blast!!! :D

felixd 03-29-2004 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicpea
Latulippe, I recall people saying that an 'idiot' would do that, but not that a 'vetaran' wouldn't. Maybe you just made that up to fit with your Whitney story? Maybe I'm wrong though. :dunno:

I remember it the way latulippe said it, but I have to agree with all-star, they are both morons.

J-D 03-29-2004 04:07 PM

It'd take alot to convince me that Ray Whitney should be an integral part of any winning team. This guy rarely comes in september in shape for training camp, holds out and doesn't play with a warrior's mind at all. I hope he'll never wear a Habs jersey, as he's one of the NHL players I dislike the most.

Kirk Muller 03-29-2004 04:21 PM

Personally I don't remember anyone asking for Ribeiro's head, most laughed it off because Mike has such a weak shot.

Dagenais on the otherhand has earned a bad rep. He has already drilled Rivet in practice with a slapper causing a fight, he hit Theodore, he has ignored Dowd when he arrived, and he has been unceremoniously disposed of by NJ and Florida.

felixd 03-29-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nash13
he has ignored Dowd when he arrived

:shakehead

do i have to go into this again?

Would you have recognised Dowd before he played for the habs?

Brisson11 03-29-2004 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd

This proves my theory more and more... Dowd is an alien trying to trick us.. :teach: That's why he has a weird New Yaaaark accent :eek:

felixd 03-29-2004 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisson11
This proves my theory more and more... Dowd is an alien trying to trick us.. :teach: That's why he has a weird New Yaaaark accent :eek:

he's from New Jersey but ok...

it's so sad this guy is like a legened here :joker:

Clumsyhab 03-29-2004 07:35 PM

Whitney was aiming the middle of the net, but Legace is only 5'9", that's why it hitted him on the head!

ChemiseBleuHonnete 03-29-2004 07:49 PM

euh? That's a stupid thread buddy. No one wanted Ribs or Dags' head. You're hallucinating.

Brisson11 03-29-2004 08:09 PM

Whitney came in to close to shoot IMO. What a strange shot that was by him :handclap:

Stefan_Latulippe 03-29-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ax˛+bx+c
euh? That's a stupid thread buddy. No one wanted Ribs or Dags' head. You're hallucinating.

And you are replying to that stupid threat so that makes you..... Let me guess....

Kirk Muller 03-29-2004 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd
:shakehead

do i have to go into this again?

If this was a one time occurence, then people may have brushed this aside, but it isn't, and that is why Dagenais doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in many minds.

I might not recognize Dowd, but I don't play in the NHL either. I also didn't watch as my fellow teammates all shook his hand, and say welcome, yet still ignore him.