HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Places to sell hockey gear specifically? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=660546)

MCAKES 07-06-2009 02:07 PM

Places to sell hockey gear specifically?

Hi guys, I'm new here obviously, but I have a certain problem that perhaps some of you could help me with. I have large feet and have had trouble selling my brand new Nike Bauer XXXs. They are size twelve, I'm just a tall dude, but no one has bitten on them from either ebay or craigslist. I was hoping some of you could enlighten me on some places that hockey players sell off gear. I might try Play it Again sports later but I feel like I will recieve a terrible trade in value.

Hockeyfan68 07-06-2009 02:45 PM

I would like to know this myself. other than eBay or Craigslist or other net websites for selling stuff I have not seen a website specifically just for hockey gear.

LilWinger11 07-06-2009 03:18 PM

You could call/go to some pro shops in your area and see if any of them do consignment stuff. Their employees might be more knowledgable about hockey stuff than the guys at Play-It-Again and more likely to give you a fair value for them.

Some rinks have bulletin boards for people to post ads for their used gear; if your rink doesn't have that you could look into it at other rinks (provided there are other rinks in your area).

Saved* 07-07-2009 12:10 PM

Those are some nice skates. Someone that needs a size 12 should bite fast.

MCAKES 07-07-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HURAKAN (Post 20326522)
Those are some nice skates. Someone that needs a size 12 should bite fast.

tell me about it bro, i had them listed for 150 and no one even made a move

Globalz 07-07-2009 02:02 PM

Msh hockey you register to the forum you have to do a certain number of legit post before accessing the gear exchange section.

Hockeyfan68 07-07-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAKES (Post 20327911)
tell me about it bro, i had them listed for 150 and no one even made a move

This is what I hate about buying new equipment even if it is used. I cannot get a clear cut answer on what size skate I should buy.

I currently wear 11.5 EE Bauer Vapors from 2003, I had to punch the toe cap out a bit on my left foot and make a new ankle bone pocket with a home made thingie I made to do that. I've have had to do that for my entire life with new skates.

Last night I was at a proshop where my team plays and tried out their Bauer skate sizing tool which is not their new tool and it says I should be wearing a size 12 Bauer skate BUT I have a pair of older Bauer Vapor 12D skates that are TOO big and I bought them on purpose to wear on outdoor ice so I could wear double thick winter socks after getting frostbitten one winter which took 2 months to heal up. The tip of my big toe was black and bled easily.

Anyway that is just babbling .... the point is i cannot trust buying something online when it comes to skates and because of that I have really had some great deals go by the boards because there would be no way to return an item for a refund.

Honestly I would feel badly if I wasted someone else's time even asking for one. other people should expect someone to know what friggin skate size they wear but with me it really is something that has always been very difficult for me.

Good luck on selling your skates ... I wish I could buy them with confidence but I cannot. I honestly need a custom made pair of skates as suggested by someone in here.

MCAKES 07-07-2009 03:02 PM

yea i hear that, Ive had them stretched but the side of my foot just gets smooshed hard

MCAKES 07-11-2009 11:22 AM

update: dude bid on my skates, they sell for 96 dollars. NINETY SIX. i dont want to sell them for 96, hes dead serious on yes he is getting them EBAY is a legally binding contract. haha so if a LAmbo sells for 35 dollars the seller is **** out of luck? i hate people sometimes

cptjeff 07-11-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCAKES (Post 20387156)
update: dude bid on my skates, they sell for 96 dollars. NINETY SIX. i dont want to sell them for 96, hes dead serious on yes he is getting them EBAY is a legally binding contract. haha so if a LAmbo sells for 35 dollars the seller is **** out of luck? i hate people sometimes

That's why on E-bay you can set a reserve or a higher starting bid. No intelligent seller would start the bidding so low on any car, or at least not put a reserve on it.

You're obligated to sell it to him. You don't, and he can drag you to court, and e-bay will help him.