HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Starter announced for MON game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66094)

swflyers8* 03-29-2004 06:01 PM

Starter announced for MON game

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/im...ActionShot.jpg

Words that came out of my mouth when Ron Burke announced this: Oh ******.
Way to go Hitch, Devils have the division now.

:madfire: Keep it all year to lose it in the final week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitch & Clarke, you're both idiots.

Toonces 03-29-2004 06:31 PM

Actually, this is exactly what I suspected would happen.

Burke starts vs Montreal
Escher starts the next night vs. Ottawa

The only question is who will start vs the Isles, and I suspect it will be Escher.

paxtang 03-29-2004 06:32 PM

You would normally start your better goalie against the harder team in a home and home.....

Rails 03-29-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paxtang
You would normally start your better goalie against the harder team in a home and home.....

And which one is that? As of late, neither have been very good.

stanley 03-29-2004 06:51 PM

Suzy,
I'm with Toonces. If they weren't playing on back-to-back nights and they weren't playing Ottawa the next day, you might be on to something. As it is, I think it's a pretty regular rotation and announcement - nothing to be alarmed about.

Gert B Frobe 03-29-2004 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
Suzy,
I'm with Toonces. If they weren't playing on back-to-back nights and they weren't playing Ottawa the next day, you might be on to something. As it is, I think it's a pretty regular rotation and announcement - nothing to be alarmed about.

agreed, but the hook is getting shorter and shorter for Esche. One more stinker and we could see Burke start game 1 of the first round.

Brad* 03-29-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
Suzy,

Stanley, we're talking Philadelphia sports here, there is always something to be alarmed about.
:)

Bennysflyers16 03-29-2004 08:05 PM

Ladies & Gents, as much as we hate Burke (or Esche), Hitch knows what the hell he is doing, although I scream at him constantly. Hopefully Burke stands on his head Thurs. and Esche does the same Friday, Let's just hope they both don't ****e the bed, then we are screwed. Also, for anyone who cares, April 2/04 we have the Sens and Flyers, also for fans of the UFC, we have Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddell, Could be the greatest fight night ever. Let's just get a starter for the playoffs and get behind them.

FlyersGuy69 03-29-2004 08:34 PM

I am not really worried about this to much because Esche could use the break and Burke needs a start.

Esche just has to get his game back on track with his next start and if he doesn't....then it's time to worry.

CNote 03-29-2004 10:53 PM

It's a good move IMO...Esche needs to sit after that Ranger outing and Burke needs to get some quality starts before the playoffs, plus taking into account LeClair's usual 3 or 4 against the Habs, we won't need our goalie to stand on their head anyway... ;)

-dutch-

Bob Clarke Fan Club 03-29-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutch
It's a good move IMO...Esche needs to sit after that Ranger outing and Burke needs to get some quality starts before the playoffs, plus taking into account LeClair's usual 3 or 4 against the Habs, we won't need our goalie to stand on their head anyway... ;)

-dutch-

Well said, it's not a bad idea...far too much panic in Flyerland. ;)

stanley 03-30-2004 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Stanley, we're talking Philadelphia sports here, there is always something to be alarmed about.

So true, so true. I was just thinking today that we could all be about three weeks or less from the end of hockey season.

Man, I'd hate to have to join the ranks of the miserable around here afterward and this summer, but I'd have little choice.

Flyers26 03-30-2004 06:00 AM

Rob Parent, Trentonian Flyers beat writer, stated in today's paper, that Hitch has Burke going on Thursday, and Esche going Friday & Sunday.

Relax... we'll be fine. Better Esche gets these games out of his system now, and not next week!

swflyers8* 03-30-2004 07:25 AM

Alright, maybe I got a little nervous there. Hopefully, after I pray for the Devils to get beat by the Rangers tonight, Burke will play like he did against Ottawa, on his head. Rico will be back, Vlad may be back and Primeau is listed as possible. :handclap:

GKJ 03-30-2004 08:39 AM

That Montreal game is big, but the Ottawa game is a must win. If Esche falters against Ottawa, I think Hitchcock will be entertaining the though that the playoff starter plays vs. the Islanders.

Teezax 03-30-2004 08:42 AM

I would have put Burke in against Ottawa, his last 40 save performance against them wasn't good enough I guess. Oh well, let's see if Esche will seal the position after Friday's game.

donelikedinner 03-30-2004 09:18 AM

theres no reason to panic, with 3 games left burke was going to get 1. does it matter who burke plays agasinst this time of year? nope, all remaining games are equally important. what matters most is how many points we get. home ice should be the main focus. 3rd is better than 6th.