HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=660956)

Johnstarks 07-07-2009 09:51 AM

Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

Hello Yote fans!

In your opinion, what kind of role and production do you expect out of Scottie Upshall in 2009-2010? He was doing fairly well at the end of last season and if hes still pencilled on the first line I see him getting a 50 points easily.

Will this be Upshall's breakout year?

PhoPhan 07-07-2009 10:41 AM

Please Read: Player Inquiry Thread (ALL other player-related threads will be deleted)

To keep the board from getting cluttered with player-specific threads (many of which tend to fizzle out in only a few responses), please put all your player-centric questions here. If you start a thread about a specific player that doesn't justify an entire thread, it's liable to end up here or be deleted outright. Use your discretion so we mods don't have to use ours (since so few tend to agree anyway). This system has worked well in the past, so please try to keep it in mind.

rt 07-07-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnstarks (Post 20324264)
Hello Yote fans!

In your opinion, what kind of role and production do you expect out of Scottie Upshall in 2009-2010? He was doing fairly well at the end of last season and if hes still pencilled on the first line I see him getting a 50 points easily.

Will this be Upshall's breakout year?

It definitely could be, based on what we saw last season.

FLYERSFAN18 07-07-2009 02:45 PM

How Do You Like Scottie Upshall

Flyers Fan here,

A Coyotes fan started a thread on the Flyers Board asking how we liked Carcillo, so I thought I would do the same. I have always liked the Coyotes, as i went to phoenix for a month every year to visit my grandmother. How do you guys like Upshall. He was always one of my favorites.

rt 07-07-2009 03:01 PM

He's great. He scored more goals(8) in 19 games as a Coyote than he did in 55 games as a Flyer(7), which is a thirty five goal pace over an 82 game season. Not that any of us expect him to come out and score thirty goals, but he did seem to show some great chemistry with Matthew Lombardi, and really seemed to relish the increased ice-time and responsibility with the new team. He even got quite a bit of PKing time, which he said he hadn't ever had previously. He was quite impressive in that role, too. Obviously he's a high energy guy who hustles, works hard, and likes to mix it up, a little. That's why he was the fan favorite he was in Philly. That's what we were expecting, but he's really showed a lot more than that, as well. I really think there is more to his game than that, and I believe he's going to realize that great potential of his, at least to a larger degree than we've seen in the past. Another season alongside Lombardi, getting second line type of minutes, and playing on both specialty team, and being counted on to produce, I think we work wonders for him. I think there is a good chance that he finally has his break-out year, and pots twenty or twenty five goals. His goals per game pace as a Coyote is .42. Assuming he cools off, a bit, which is almost certain, to say about only 2/3rds of that pace, it would be .28 or 23 goals over 82 games. In his NHL career, thus far, he's accumulated 60 assists in 230 games played, which is an average of .26 assists per game. So even if he just matches his previous assist rate, he'll end up with 21 assists over 82 games. I don't think there is a Coyotes fan that wouldn't be totally pumped if Upshall ended next season with 82gp 23g 21a 44pts.

habs1988 07-08-2009 07:28 AM

Peter Mueller next year ?

What do you expect from him next year?

He seems to be the future of the franchise with guys like Turris and Hanzal.

HE had a very bad 2nd season, but I think he's capable of a 30 goals - 40 assists season.

WJF 07-08-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 (Post 20340462)
What do you expect from him next year?

He seems to be the future of the franchise with guys like Turris and Hanzal.

HE had a very bad 2nd season, but I think he's capable of a 30 goals - 40 assists season.

Given the struggles he had last year, i think most of us around here would be happy if he returned to the form of his rookie season (20g 30a type numbers).

The problem with Mueller is that if he doesn't produce, he's utterly useless. Which is why he's called "the bum" around here. He doesn't kill penalties, he stands around scratching his crotch, gets knocked off the puch, is not a particularly effective back-checker, and can't lay a hit to save his life. So if he doesn't put up points, he dissappears almost entirely.

Sinurgy 07-08-2009 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJF (Post 20342125)
Given the struggles he had last year, i think most of us around here would be happy if he returned to the form of his rookie season (20g 30a type numbers).

The problem with Mueller is that if he doesn't produce, he's utterly useless. Which is why he's called "the bum" around here. He doesn't kill penalties, he stands around scratching his crotch, gets knocked off the puch, is not a particularly effective back-checker, and can't lay a hit to save his life. So if he doesn't put up points, he dissappears almost entirely.

He's called "the bum" by SOME people around here but I think more people realize the circumstances and are still giving Peter the benefit of a doubt. We have a few people on here that I would consider "loud" but that doesn't mean their sentiments are echoed by the majority.

Colt45Blast 07-08-2009 06:05 PM

Could Sean Avery be in a Coyotes uniform?

Assuming if things get very nasty between John T and Sean Avery would he be a good fit on the team and a good tool for marketing the Coyotes in AZ?

Right now anything is possible with Don maloney being a trading partner with the NY Rangers and would only have to pay what the Rangers are paying for Avery after they received him from waivers by Dallas.

I say Avery would be great in bring in the press for this team, something we need more of with the Coyotes in Arizona.

Boy would those match up's betwwen him and Dion P in Calgary be great. :D

mouser 07-08-2009 06:07 PM

Really would not want all the youngsters on our team sharing a locker room with Avery.

RR 07-08-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouser (Post 20350107)
Really would not want all the youngsters on our team sharing a locker room with Avery.

Agreed. Avery a bad idea. A very, very bad idea.

yakko 07-08-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 20350087)
Assuming if things get very nasty between John T and Sean Avery would he be a good fit on the team and a good tool for marketing the Coyotes in AZ?

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

rt 07-08-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakko (Post 20350479)
I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

A little? I just threw up my own ******* up through my mouth.

rt 07-08-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinurgy (Post 20349644)
He's called "the bum" by SOME people around here but I think more people realize the circumstances and are still giving Peter the benefit of a doubt. We have a few people on here that I would consider "loud" but that doesn't mean their sentiments are echoed by the majority.

No, he's called "the bum" by one person.

yakko 07-08-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 20350598)
A little? I just threw up my own ******* up through my mouth.

It didn't actually happen.

rt 07-08-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakko (Post 20350857)
It didn't actually happen.

So your saying that vomitting my own anus up through my mouth was an overraction for a strictly hypothetical scenario? Damn.

Kaizen 07-08-2009 09:37 PM

Again with the multiple personalities - you "two" should sort that all out.

FutureGM97 07-08-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaPride (Post 20350087)

Right now anything is possible with Don maloney being a trading partner with the NY Rangers and would only have to pay what the Rangers are paying for Avery after they received him from waivers by Dallas.

I say Avery would be great in bring in the press for this team, something we need more of with the Coyotes in Arizona.

Boy would those match up's betwwen him and Dion P in Calgary be great. :D

Avery and Tortorella are getting along just fine in New York...not to mention I think anyone with a pair of eyes, including Maloney, will notice Avery only plays well in NYC for NYR. Oh not to mention, I don't think Shane Doan is too fond of Avery if my memory serves me.

TPS 07-08-2009 10:09 PM

Shane Doan HATES Sean Avery! He would likely murder him at the introductory news conference. Shane Doan is one of the most respectable and kind individuals as well.

Blubba Jenkins 07-08-2009 10:18 PM

I personally love Avery and the personality he brings to the game, but he's not a good fit here. Plus, I think the Rangers are happy with him.

TeamTippett 07-08-2009 10:42 PM

Their was an article in Maxum several years ago where Sean called out Doan.

k1llua 07-08-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamTurris (Post 20353812)

Don't you love Avery? Calling out players several times more talented than he is.

rt 07-08-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins (Post 20353523)
I personally love Avery and the personality he brings to the game...

Well I hope that tommorrow you turn around too suddenly and whack your funny bone on the corner of a table, or something. Or perhaps get something stuck in your teeth when you won't have access to floss for several hours. Something you can't work out with your tongue or fingers, that's really annoying until you can floss it out.

PHX FireBirds18 07-08-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamTurris (Post 20353812)

Yep, called him the most overpaid and overrated player in the league. Funny because I consider him the complete opposite for both of those.

Blubba Jenkins 07-08-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 20354076)
Well I hope that tommorrow you turn around too suddenly and whack your funny bone on the corner of a table, or something. Or perhaps get something stuck in your teeth when you won't have access to floss for several hours. Something you can't work out with your tongue or fingers, that's really annoying until you can floss it out.

I'm not saying I personally condone the things he does (getting in faces and then running away from fights) or did (sloppy seconds joke was neither well executed or funny, though I did enjoy the aftermath), but he does certainly livens things up. Hate him all you want, but you can't say Avery is boring. I certainly don't want an NHL full of annoying pests like him, but I think a couple makes the sport a bit more interesting.

If it makes you feel any better, some dumb*** redneck just completely smashed up my car in the Winn Dixie (grocery store) parking lot and then took off without leaving any contact or insurance information. Can you settle for that?