HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Heatley to Anaheim (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=661640)

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 08:42 PM

Heatley to Anaheim
 
To Anaheim
LW Dany Heatley ($7.5 Mill cap hit)
D Jason Smith ($2.6 Mill)
G Brian Elliot (.942 cap hit in 08-09)

To Ottawa
G J.S. Giguere ($6 Mill)
C Andrew Ebbett ($.487 Mill)
D Jake Gardiner (Hockey`s Future 38th top prospect in NHL)
- Flyers 1st round pick 2010 (via Pronger trade)
- Anaheim`s 2nd round pick 2010
- Flyers 3rd round pick 2010 (via Pronger trade)

Note: I Know that the Sens have Pascal Leclaire but what is wrong with having a 1a and 1b goalie tandem. Yes Ottawa ends up spending a little less than $10 Million on goalies but after this trade their overall cap number would actually fall by about $4.5 million.

DG 07-08-2009 08:43 PM

That's great that we can spend 10M on goalies and I just can't wait for our top line of Foligno-Ebbett-Alfredsson to light it up with Ruutu-Fisher-Neil coming on right after!!!! Maybe with that 4.5M, we can sign some players other than Alfredsson who can actually score!

Well though out, I applaud you sir. :clap:

LP 07-08-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 20352209)
That's great that we can spend 10M on goalies and I just can't wait for our top line of Foligno-Ebbett-Alfredsson to light it up with Ruutu-Fisher-Neil coming on right after!!!! Maybe with that 4.5M, we can sign some players other than Alfredsson who can actually score!

Well though out, I applaud you sir. :clap:

You forgot Spezza.

DG 07-08-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LP (Post 20352262)
You forgot Spezza.

LOL I read "Jason Smith" as "Jason Spezza".

I apologize, I fail. :laugh:

Still no, all things considered... Ebbett would be nice, but NO need for Giguere. Way more pressing needs elsewhere.

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 20352209)
That's great that we can spend 10M on goalies and I just can't wait for our top line of Foligno-Ebbett-Alfredsson to light it up with Ruutu-Fisher-Neil coming on right after!!!! Maybe with that 4.5M, we can sign some players other than Alfredsson who can actually score!

Well though out, I applaud you sir. :clap:

cap room = getting players without having to give up any players; it is all about the cap

DG 07-08-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrepeterson (Post 20352300)
cap room = getting players without having to give up any players; it is all about the cap

Which is exactly why we won't spend 10M on goalies.

Canuckle 07-08-2009 08:52 PM

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Neil

Leclaire
Giguere

This team's gonna struggle.

Rickety Cricket 07-08-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20352325)
Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Neil

Leclaire
Giguere

This team's gonna struggle.

But you're goalies will rhyme!

DG 07-08-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20352325)
Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Neil

Leclaire
Giguere

This team's gonna struggle.

I screwed up a little while ago, but you forgot Kovalev.

I would sooner do this deal if all was the same, without Giguere/Ellliot.

ArmchairGM 07-08-2009 08:54 PM

Phillies third is conditonal

Talentless Practise* 07-08-2009 08:56 PM

I can't see a fit for either side, really. Sens don't need a goalie and Ducks don't need another forward.

Vipers31 07-08-2009 08:56 PM

A few thoughts from a Ducks fan's perspective:

- The Flyers' 3rd rounder we acquired is conditional on the Flyers winning the Stanley Cup this year
- Our top six as of now looks decent, I don't see much of a reason to make a big push as this for Heatley
- For all we know the Ducks will be dealing with an certain budget believed to be in the $50 mio. area so we can absolutely not afford to add another $4 mio like in this trade. If Giguere was moved, it would be in a deal that sees less salary coming back and probably mainly tied up in either a defenseman or another goaltender or both.
- The Ducks have been making up for the selling of youth on their way to the Cup the past two years, I don't see us giving up Gardiner and a first round pick.
- 100% personal: I don't want to see Heatley in a Ducks sweater. With guys like Scotty, Teemu and Saku around, I really have no need to bring his questionable character into our locker room.

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20352325)
Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Neil

Leclaire
Giguere

This team's gonna struggle.

No. The top lines would be:

Foligno Spezza Alfredsson
Tanguay (hello $4.5 million) Ebbett Kovalev

DG 07-08-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrepeterson (Post 20352403)
No. The top lines would be:

Foligno Spezza Alfredsson
Tanguay (hello $4.5 million) Ebbett Kovalev

So our top 6 won't back check and will be soft as butter (except Alfredsson)?

Vipers31 07-08-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrepeterson (Post 20352403)
No. The top lines would be:

Foligno Spezza Alfredsson
Tanguay Ebbett Kovalev

Ooooooooooobviously....

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 20352436)
So our top 6 won't back check and will be soft as butter (except Alfredsson)?

Well choose. Do you want offence or back checking. Let them entertain you.

crayzy8 07-08-2009 09:03 PM

Horrible deal IMO.....

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzy8 (Post 20352482)
Horrible deal IMO.....

For who.

Vipers31 07-08-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrepeterson (Post 20352478)
Well choose. Do you want offence or back checking. Let them entertain you.

If by "them" you mean your team's opponent that would absolutely abuse those guys and have them at a -25 at Christmas, then yes - let them entertain you.

Canuckle 07-08-2009 09:07 PM

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev

or

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Kovalev

???

Pretty obvious which one is better.

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20352528)
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev

or

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Kovalev

???

Pretty obvious which one is better.

Fisher is a third line center and there is more to the trade than the players above. Sens would be stacked with high end prospects on defence. Lee - Eriksson - Wiercoch - Gardiner - Cowen. wow

danishh 07-08-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20352528)
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev

or

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Kovalev

???

Pretty obvious which one is better.

all to 'upgrade' our backup goalie.

DG 07-08-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrepeterson (Post 20352478)
Well choose. Do you want offence or back checking. Let them entertain you.

Am I allowed to choose trade Heatley for top 6 forwards and/or cap space and pay only 5M for goaltending?

Or do I have to choose an answer which completely obliterates out our cap structure?

Not to mention, goalies (especially highly paid ones teams want to get rid of) don't have alot of value right now, especially for Heatley and especially for teams that just traded for a starting goalie who hasn't played a single game yet.

I can't emphasize enough how terrible this is.

Regardless of the package I offered you, would you trade a package with Getzlaf and Hiller for a package with Leclaire, prospects and picks, even if it saved you cap space? I hope you see my point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrepeterson (Post 20352558)
Fisher is a third line center and there is more to the trade than the players above. Sens would be stacked with high end prospects on defence. Lee - Eriksson - Wiercoch - Gardiner - Cowen. wow

And again, you're emphasizing that we're returning things we have an abundance of... we have good D prospects, we'd rather have forward prospects or roster players.

Massena Sens Fan 07-08-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 20352569)
Am I allowed to choose trade Heatley for top 6 forwards and/or cap space and pay only 5M for goaltending?

Or do I have to choose an answer which completely obliterates out our cap structure?

Not to mention, goalies (especially highly paid ones teams want to get rid of) don't have alot of value right now, especially for Heatley and especially for teams that just traded for a starting goalie who hasn't played a single game yet.

I can't emphasize enough how terrible this is.

Regardless of the package I offered you, would you trade a package with Getzlaf and Hiller for a package with Leclaire, prospects and picks, even if it saved you cap space? I hope you see my point.

no - because we are over the cap; otherwise yes. it is all about the cap.

Vipers31 07-08-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20352528)
Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev

or

Foligno-Spezza-Alfredsson
Ebbett-Fisher-Kovalev

???

Pretty obvious which one is better.

Can anyone at this point really see Heatley returning to the ice as a Senator come October? Really? No bridges burned or anything...? I can't see it happen, too awkward.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.