HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers playoff predictions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66274)

RoDu 03-30-2004 11:17 AM

Flyers playoff predictions
 
How far do you think we'll get this year.
Unless our defense improves, Esche plays like he can ,our powerplay starts clicking again and Primeau gets healthy, I think we'd be lucky to get out of the first round. Let them prove me wrong

Coburnfan05 03-30-2004 11:50 AM

I think we will win the cup hands down. Someone around here has to have some optimism. This board has become really negative lately and I am startin to think I am the only one who has faith in this team.

RoDu 03-30-2004 11:52 AM

the way the team has been plying over the last while, it's hard to have faith, but kudos to you, keep the faith, I just tend to not get over excited anymore about playoffs since Claude Lemieux and the Devils beat us back in the 90's

Teezax 03-30-2004 11:56 AM

For once I will go into the playoffs with low expectations, that way if they win, it would be unexpected. But on the flipside I still think we have enough depth to cover a few rounds.

Toonces 03-30-2004 12:09 PM

I had my heart, and faith in this squad ripped out in 2000.

That being said, every team going into the playoffs has a weakness. (save the Devils if they get Stevens running on full steam)

This is probably the most wide open playoffs in quite a while. Anybody could conceiveably win it.

Flyers26 03-30-2004 12:30 PM

This team has the talent to go far!
If we get past the 1st round, and are healthy, we'll could see the finals in Philly!

swflyers8* 03-30-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

This is probably the most wide open playoffs in quite a while. Anybody could conceiveably win it.
I have never seen a playoffs such as this year's. Everyone basically went out and got whoever they thought would be the missing ingredient. They loaded up for bear and they are all going for it. You win, you'll probably be the Champs for a good year or two. :dunno:

Right now, the team isn't doing as well it should be. However, if they play like they have in the past we have a good shot, if not better, in the playoffs. It just depends how things play out this next week or so. There is the chance that we will lose the division and the Flyers have no one to blame but themselves. The silver lining is that the seedings are so close, everyone has the same number of points that you can't say this or that team is so much better than all the other teams. Every team has either beaten each of the 7 teams once or twice.
Except us vs. the Bolts

We play our game and we have a good shot. Keep the faith.

Pontifex Maximus* 03-30-2004 01:06 PM

My theory is that this team has lost its regular season motivation. Once the puck drops in Game 1, I think they will be all business, regardless of who the opponent is. If there is any team in the East that is built for the playoffs, it's the Flyers. There is nobody that we shouldn't be able to beat at this point.

bennysflyers16 03-30-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagsIsDaMan
I think we will win the cup hands down. Someone around here has to have some optimism. This board has become really negative lately and I am startin to think I am the only one who has faith in this team.


I am with you 100%, at start of the year 7 of my buddys each picked a team for $100 each, whatever team goes farthest get $700. I had 1st pick, If we play to our potential and are healthy, we are the best team, ( I win $700) and not too many will argure that point, So only positive posts from this dude from now on !!

Brad* 03-30-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrachlinexperience
My theory is that this team has lost its regular season motivation. Once the puck drops in Game 1, I think they will be all business, regardless of who the opponent is. If there is any team in the East that is built for the playoffs, it's the Flyers. There is nobody that we shouldn't be able to beat at this point.

I don't think they've lost motivation; I just think the season is too long. I think they are gassed at this point.

10 less games in the regular season couldn't hurt.

RoDu 03-30-2004 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I don't think they've lost motivation; I just think the season is too long. I think they are gassed at this point.

10 less games in the regular season couldn't hurt.

maybe more time between games too, start the season earlier, drop 10 games

Steve L* 03-30-2004 02:08 PM

I see a 1st round exit. Hitch says he will give younger players a chance, Clarke will keep his job, blame the exit on bad goaltending, resign Primeau, Recchi and 3 other players in their mid 30s and give them 4 year contracts with a NTC yet fail to bring in a top goalie, instead he will get Potvin.

Burke will also use his option to stay with the Flyers, oh what joy it is to be a Flyers fan.

FlyersHomer DM03 03-30-2004 02:25 PM

You people probably see me as a fair weather fan, because I was sunshiningly optimistic during the Flyers 'good times', and unrelentingly bitter during the Flyers 'bad times'--March 2004. That's because we have seen both extremes of the spectrum. The part where they beat (I mean...beat Ottawa) and Jersey x2 within like a week and a half, this team was playing its absolute best hockey, even without JR, Rico, and Primeau. Now it's plain pathetic, Esche's "one bad game" streak has reached three, we had a chance to all-but wrap up the division against the rangers, but let them win their first in nine games, nobody playing with any emotion, a fragile power play that reminds us what it was like before this season.

What I conclude is you will see one extreme show up for the playoffs. This team is either going to find its' rythym, now that all of our injured guys will be back, and take care of business the final week, win in the first round, and move on from there. BUT If this current play continues, we're gonna be out in five games, we need to win the division, most importantly, because blowing a huge division lead won't do this team's psyche any better.

swflyers8* 03-30-2004 02:36 PM

The optimism and faith just eminates from these boads. It will be amazing to see the same people saying different when the Flyers start winning again, starting on Thursday night. The fickleness of fans irritates me.

Cuiff 03-30-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
You people probably see me as a fair weather fan, because I was sunshiningly optimistic during the Flyers 'good times', and unrelentingly bitter during the Flyers 'bad times'--March 2004. That's because we have seen both extremes of the spectrum. The part where they beat (I mean...beat Ottawa) and Jersey x2 within like a week and a half, this team was playing its absolute best hockey, even without JR, Rico, and Primeau. Now it's plain pathetic, Esche's "one bad game" streak has reached three, we had a chance to all-but wrap up the division against the rangers, but let them win their first in nine games, nobody playing with any emotion, a fragile power play that reminds us what it was like before this season.

What I conclude is you will see one extreme show up for the playoffs. This team is either going to find its' rythym, now that all of our injured guys will be back, and take care of business the final week, win in the first round, and move on from there. BUT If this current play continues, we're gonna be out in five games, we need to win the division, most importantly, because blowing a huge division lead won't do this team's psyche any better.


I totally agree!

donelikedinner 03-30-2004 02:52 PM

i agree with everybody. cautious optimism is the best course! :joker:

bennysflyers16 03-30-2004 03:03 PM

Flyers 3
Habs 1

Flyers 2 OT
Sens 1


Flyer 5
Isles 0


Philly beats Devils in Six - After that, Wide open.
Remember, I feel good, I fell great, I feel wonderful !!

BruinsGirl 03-30-2004 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
Flyers 3
Flyers 2 OT
Sens 1

Can this actually happen in the regular time? ;)
Would be exteremly nice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.