HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Metropolit, Chipchura, Laraque, S.Kost or MaxPac? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=663053)

NewHabsEra* 07-13-2009 11:09 AM

Metropolit, Chipchura, Laraque, S.Kost or MaxPac?

So, with the signing of Moen, Mara and the recent signing of Chipchu for 1 year (1 way), we have 22 players that cant be returned in the minors without going through waiver.. Only MaxPac and S.Kost can be sent down.. So how do you see it going in the next few months? Do you think Metro or big Gorges have a legitimate chance to be bought out? Max Pac as injury callup? Who this situation will affect the most this season?

24 men roster at the moment, limit is 23..

Cammalleri
Gomez
Gionta
A.Kostitsyn
Plekanec
S.Kostitsyn
D'Agostini
Latendresse
Lapierre
Moen
Metropolit
Stewart
Chipchura
Laraque
MaxPac
Mara
OByrne
Gill
Markov
Spacek
Gorges
Hamrlik
Price
Halak

Personally, I think MaxPac will start the year in the minors, Gainey and Martin will let Chipchu and Metro fight for the 4th line center spot and a decision should be made after some weeks in the season, either Chipchu is going down with his 500 000$ contract, potentially claimed by another team on waiver or Metro will be bought out.. Personally, I think Chipchu will finally earn that fourth line center spot and Metro will eventually be bought out.. So to me, Metro is the one that will lose the most in that story.. MaxPac should spend only a couple of weeks with the farm..

DDIHH 07-13-2009 11:16 AM

Don't forget that BGL will be on the IR most the season.

Puckhead58* 07-13-2009 11:18 AM

Maxpac should spend the season in the minors...unless we need to call him up. He can use another year of hockey in Hamilton before he plays a lot with the big club. He has a lot to learn yet and there is no sense rushing him when we have other players to use instead of him.

Since Chipchura re-signed...it will be up to him and Metro to battle for the 4th line spot. It'll go to whoever deserves it more....so if that means we send Chips back down to Hamilton to play and possibly lose him on Waivers....then so be it....not a big deal. If he doesn't make it this season, he's not going to make it ever.

I wouldn't mind if the team bought out Laraque either. He's not going to help the team at all if he can only play 3 minutes a game and 30 games a season. We need him to skate, dig in the corners, hit everything that moves and drop the gloves when its needed....and last year he didn't do any of that on a regular basis.

Habsfanatical 07-13-2009 11:21 AM

Slow down partner.. I usually see July as a busy month.. FA begins.. then you have the arbitration hearings for UFA's.. so half way thru the month and theres still in my eyes work to be done.. too my knowledge tho.. Plek, Lats, Stewart n D'Ag arent sigend yet.. so Im not sure how you got the full roster.. www.nhlnumbers.com .. it says we have 19 players signed and 6.779M left to spend on the remaining 3 or 4 guys.. there still is a chane of some trades and I can see a player or two dropping to waivers ( metro IMO ).. I see one or two trades filling out our roster with some minor tinkering throughout the summer.. half of our D is new which is a good thing in my eyes.. 4 new forwards.. Id like to see 2 more forwards brought in to change half the team from last year.. leave the kids to develop in the minors.. call them up when theres an injury.. no point rushing them anymore..

Darz 07-13-2009 11:21 AM

Ah.....if we stay healthy enough that we have an actual problem, I would be happy.

I'm sure if Chipchura proves to the brass that Metro is expendable, I'm sure some NHL team will pick him up on waivers. No need for a buyout.

1 year - $1 million - veteran NHL'er - don't see him clearing waivers

Joey 07-13-2009 11:21 AM

I hope it's not Metropolit. I loved what I saw of that guy last year, especially the hands

CanadienErrant* 07-13-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Ho (Post 20405051)
Don't forget that BGL will be on the IR most the season.

Do you have any good source about that ? ... Or is it just your opinion based on last season ?

WeThreeKings 07-13-2009 11:30 AM

BGL on LTIR and Pacioretty in the AHL.

vokiel 07-13-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 20405089)
Ah.....if we stay healthy enough that we have an actual problem, I would be happy.

I'm sure if Chipchura proves to the brass that Metro is expendable, I'm sure some NHL team will pick him up on waivers. No need for a buyout.

1 year - $1 million - veteran NHL'er - don't see him clearing waivers

Which team was also interested in picking Metropolit last time he was put on waivers? Granted it's a different situation, but I see this as 50/50 personally.

Iwishihadacup 07-13-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 20405209)
Do you have any good source about that ? ... Or is it just your opinion based on last season ?

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277938.html

this and his salary

Natedawg 07-13-2009 11:48 AM

Either Pacioretty to the AHL and BGL on LTIR...or if chipchura has a really good camp then metro on waivers

Montreal Typical 07-13-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natedawg (Post 20405383)
Either Pacioretty to the AHL and BGL on LTIR...or if chipchura has a really good camp then metro on waivers

Or just put Chipchura on the wing. He's terrible at faceoffs.

Metropolit > Chipchura at center

Darz 07-13-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 20405344)
Which team was also interested in picking Metropolit last time he was put on waivers? Granted it's a different situation, but I see this as 50/50 personally.

The difference between last year and this year, is there is now one year less of term left on the contract.

Any team picking up Metro last year had last years and this year salary to consider, now they only would have to pick up this year of term.

Alot would depend on the injury situation on many of the NHL teams mind you.

Talent Analyst 07-13-2009 12:08 PM

I think Metropolit and Chipchura will fight all years for the 4th spot and MaxPac will be send down for a complete year in Hamilton.

vokiel 07-13-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 20405453)
The difference between last year and this year, is there is now one year less of term left on the contract.

Any team picking up Metro last year had last years and this year salary to consider, now they only would have to pick up this year of term.

Good point :nod:

DDIHH 07-13-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienErrant (Post 20405209)

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/277938.html

Top Corner2 07-13-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz (Post 20405453)

Exactly. Why would we put him on waivers? He can play the wing & is great depth.....it's not as if we will have all our forwards all year. I don't think we need to lose anybody, and all those players will be a part of this years team unless they are injured.

Spectaculard 07-13-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Ho (Post 20405642)

It says he'll miss training camp, not "most of the season".

Fish on The Sand 07-13-2009 08:06 PM

I never realized Chipchura now had to clear waivers to goto the AHL. This should more or less assure him of a roster spot, although I think he'll be in the press box for most of the season unless Metro really struggles/gets hurt. I'm glad I waited until checking out the waiver rules to vote. Assuming a healthy roster I vote for MaxPac because he is clearly the furthest away from being a regular nhler who is still exempt from waivers.

Sandvich 07-13-2009 08:08 PM

Metropolit = Warming Bench for no reason OUT!
Chipchura = Last chance.
Laraque = His back hurt for doing nothing OUT !
S kost = Going back to Russia OUT !
MaxPac = I like

Spectaculard 07-13-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandvich (Post 20412227)
Metropolit = Warming Bench for no reason OUT!
Chipchura = Last chance.
Laraque = His back hurt for doing nothing OUT !
S kost = Going back to Russia OUT !
MaxPac = I like

http://justinhoppensteadt.com/images...ly-ostrich.jpg