HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rangers Profiles Updated (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66348)

Brock 03-30-2004 05:37 PM

Rangers Profiles Updated

A few other writers (slats432, montreal, forbesy and Oilers Chick) and I have been working on updating the New York Rangers page at HF for the past month or so.

Today saw the first brunt of our work being put up.

The following players have seen their profiles updated...

Fedor Tyutin
Hugh Jessiman
Garth Murray
Henrik Lundqvist
Dominic Moore
Bryce Lampman
Ivan Baranka
Marcus Jonasen
Jake Taylor
Corey Potter
Nigel Dawes
Dwight Helminen
Jarkko Immonen
Maxim Kondratiev
David Liffiton

I'm continuing with the effort to update every single profile and then a new Top 20 will be completed.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team.php?team=22

So Check it out.

E-Train 03-30-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
A few other writers (slats432, montreal, forbesy and Oilers Chick) and I have been working on updating the New York Rangers page at HF for the past month or so.

So Check it out.

Brock, that was much needed. Thnx

DARTH SATHER 03-30-2004 05:44 PM

Yeah thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the new top 20.

RangersFan 03-30-2004 05:56 PM

Good job guys! The Rangers page was cleary dated...

Draft Guru 03-30-2004 06:39 PM

HF was a very good prospect source 2 or 3 years ago..now, there future is pretty cloudy, IMO.

I worked my @ss off for them for 3 years, then all of a sudden the new managing editor comes in and says since I'm under 18 (I'm 17), I can't write anymore. Hmm..I've been a solid asset for 3 years, did many, many articles for other team pages besides the Rangers, HTML-coded hundreds of other writer's articles, designed and coded the format for the Top 50 and organizational rankings for the 3 years I was there. Then comes the new management, and I'm out the door. Since when does a website that people *volunteer* to write for get so picky about who can write and who can't?

Now that the Rangers finally are in a rebuilding mode, it sucks even more, since I would have loved the opportunity to write about prospects that actually have futures in the NHL.

Whatever. Who cares. It's over.

Their loss.

in the hall 03-30-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Train
Brock, that was much needed. Thnx

yes it was needed, it gives us a better idea of how our prospects match up and rank... thanks guys

now if only that 7 next to tjutin's name would be a 8.5..... then everything would be accurate :eek:

in the hall 03-30-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft Guru
HF was a very good prospect source 2 or 3 years ago..now, there future is pretty cloudy, IMO.

I worked my @ss off for them for 3 years, then all of a sudden the new managing editor comes in and says since I'm under 18 (I'm 17), I can't write anymore. Hmm..I've been a solid asset for 3 years, did many, many articles for other team pages besides the Rangers, HTML-coded hundreds of other writer's articles, designed and coded the format for the Top 50 and organizational rankings for the 3 years I was there. Then comes the new management, and I'm out the door. Since when does a website that people *volunteer* to write for get so picky about who can write and who can't?

Now that the Rangers finally are in a rebuilding mode, it sucks even more, since I would have loved the opportunity to write about prospects that actually have futures in the NHL.

Their loss.

thats cold bro.. their loss indeed

Rangers_23 03-30-2004 07:01 PM

Quote:

Their loss.

Brandon, your hard work was appreciated greatly on this site by myself and many others. It's truly a shame that HF pulled that crap on you. I lost alot of respect for this place after this and some of the other decisions that the new management made.

Just wondering if you are still writing or anything, if so I'd love to read some of your stuff.

Edge 03-30-2004 07:41 PM

{looks around, pauses and begins to whistle}

Not gonna touch this one.

Brock 03-30-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Their loss.

No doubt Brandon.

Obviously we've known each other through the boards for a while and you were always one of the best writers.

Thats partially why I took on the assignment to update the page, because it used to be one of the best team pages on HF.

I noticed you have been writing for another site lately though, and I hope you keep writing because you definitely have a future in journalism.

RangersFan 03-30-2004 08:11 PM

Seriously, I remember the Rangers writers were always the most active, most notably Brandon. It's kinda sad that HF isn't nearly the hockey resource it used to be, despite all it's fancy updated looks. IMO it was much better back then with the primative boards and layouts, because the content, which is the most important, was top notch...

Nemchinov13 03-31-2004 01:04 AM

Quote:

Their loss.

Brandon and Edge. I have been reading your articles since 1999 and I have to tell you that you guys were the best source of hockey I laid my hands on. I have always enjoyed your articles and I miss them a lot. If you guys are writing anywhere else, I would love to read them. Brandon, Mike, on behalf of many I would like to thank you for those wonderful years that you gave us.

Edge 03-31-2004 01:43 AM

If my schedule ever permits me {hopefully over the summer after the wedding and stuff} I've been tossing around the idea of putting together a simple website about Ranger prospects.

But there are no gurantees at the moment.

L.I.RangerFan 03-31-2004 12:04 PM

Brandon and Edge,

You guys were the best. You kept us outsiders up to date with at least an article or two a month. Your views on prospects were always non biased and an honest evaluation of talent.

When you two stopped writing, because of the new managing editors "policies", this site lost two of the brightest, most talented writers it had. The Ranger page suffered for it. I remember the two of you getting together to re-do the top 20 every year, sometimes a couple of times a year. I would like to thank Brock and the others for at least caring about our page.

The 'managing editors" should realize that they lost two great assests when they made their pompass decision.

Also give us back Edge and Draft Guru and lose the stupid animated smileys.

allrevvedup25 03-31-2004 01:28 PM

Brandon and Edge,

When I first learned about HF Boards, I just thought that it was another rumor board that had no credibility, but after reading your posts and articles, I knew that I could come to this site and knew that it was not BS!!! I love this time of year when we start talking about prospects or about potential trades at the deadlines because we can always count on Brandon and Edge for top notch scouting and reporting. So thanks for the inside info and great posts.

and thanks Brock for updating the site.

Bluenote13 03-31-2004 01:38 PM

I don't want to start a whole brew ha-ha(hehe), but why was Brandon not permitted to write for HF anymore? Because of age? Are there legal requirements/penalties that HF could be cited for? Just asking....

Edge 03-31-2004 01:54 PM

{sniff sniff} I feel so loved.

Despite everything it was a heck of a ride and a lot of fun.