HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Big Game For Kovalev (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66482)

Stefan_Latulippe 03-31-2004 06:47 AM

Big Game For Kovalev

Why are you guys complaining about Kovalev on the 3rd line?

He is going to play with our best forward....Jan Bulis.

I see in my cristal ball 2 goals and 1 assist for Kovalev and 3 assists for Bulis.

This is not a demotion it is a promotion. He is playing with the total package.

If he can't produce with Bulis, then it will be time to move him on the 4th line.

:yo:

Moumni_Bachir 03-31-2004 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
Why are you guys complaining about Kovalev on the 3rd line?

He is going to play with our best forward....Jan Bulis.

I see in my cristal ball 2 goals and 1 assist for Kovalev and 3 assists for Bulis.

This is not a demotion it is a promotion. He is playing with the total package.

If he can't produce with Bulis, then it will be time to move him on the 4th line.

:yo:

I hope you're right, but I don't believe so, Julien should bench Kovalev like he does for everyone who were not producing adequatly with the team. That should wake Kovalev up :toothless

Carbonneau 03-31-2004 07:52 AM

Then he should bench Riberio too

AK-47 03-31-2004 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau

Both top lines have been atrocious in the last 3 games............

Darz 03-31-2004 08:02 AM

As long as Julien has the troops ready for playoff game #1, I could care less about performances over the next three games, and who is hot and who is not.
Past performance isn't going to help us a bit come playoff time. I want Julien to be preparing the boys for that first game.
Trust me, we will come out flying game 1 of the playoffs. including Kovalev.

Mooch 03-31-2004 09:00 AM

Like Darz said, who relly cares what happens right now in terms of lines. However if Kovo is on the thrid unit come playoffs (most likely he wont be) im gona cry, because that would be a huge mistake. Kovo needs minutes, and he is not gona get them playing on the third "checking" line.

My prediction- Kovalev will be back on top two lines before the end of tonights game!

CoupeStanley 03-31-2004 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Like Darz said, who relly cares what happens right now in terms of lines. However if Kovo is on the thrid unit come playoffs (most likely he wont be) im gona cry, because that would be a huge mistake. Kovo needs minutes, and he is not gona get them playing on the third "checking" line.

My prediction- Kovalev will be back on top two lines before the end of tonights game!

He'll have lots of icetime on this line...

Mooch 03-31-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
He'll have lots of icetime on this line...

How do you know this?

CoupeStanley 03-31-2004 09:41 AM

Cause this is a 2 way line, the line will be used in a lots of situation

Moumni_Bachir 03-31-2004 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonneau

Claude Julien already does that in the beginning of the season, not Kovalev :toothless

HABitude 03-31-2004 10:03 AM

If Kovalev doesn't do any good at 1rst, then 2nd, then 3rd and finally 4rth line I hope he will be good as water bottle boy behind the bench. :lol :joker:

4shelley4 03-31-2004 11:34 AM

hi

I can picture the Kovalev Bulis duo being big. I just like the combo too much.

Carbonneau 03-31-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
Claude Julien already does that in the beginning of the season, not Kovalev :toothless

So your saying that benching him again wouldn't be a good idea because Julien already did it??

Riberio has exceptional offensive talent, but his work ethic on the ice is lacking.

Boardish 03-31-2004 11:38 AM

Bulis & Kovalev... yeah, maybe. But Juneau? :help:

417 03-31-2004 12:04 PM

i really like the Bulis, Kovalev idea, but Juneau at center? I don't know, it seems that he's lost all confidence in the offensive zone...

Mooch 03-31-2004 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
Cause this is a 2 way line, the line will be used in a lots of situation

Yes but those situations will be defensive situations. Kovalev is a goal scorer not a defensive shut down man. Kovalevl IMO should be on the top two lines, no matter how bad he plays offensively. How else is he supposed to find his scoring touch?

I dont like this one bit, but like i said its probably just an experiment that cj is still conducting.

We will see what happens!

CoupeStanley 03-31-2004 12:18 PM

I would do this

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev

Mooch 03-31-2004 12:22 PM

Yes no thats what im talking about, but i would rather see-

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Ryder, Ribs, Bulis

Zed plays better on the left wing, and supposedly Kovalev is better on the right wing.

FTK 03-31-2004 12:23 PM

Don't forget Juneau has a coach mentality. He understands the system and is a very smart player. That's why the Bulis-Juneau-Kovalev line is a great idea, in my mind, to help Kovalev.

The guy was rented for the playoffs. Obviously he isn't pushing that hard for the rest of the season to avoid injuries etc....But when the playoffs will start, he will be all over the ice... :gman:

Mooch 03-31-2004 12:25 PM

Juneau is very smart like you say, but hes body is very worn down. He has struggled for the whole second half of the season, and has zero offensive capabilities left in him. I would rather see a guy like Dowd centre that line than Juneau. He wouldnt be the perfect solution, but much better than Juneau.

Jacques Strappe 03-31-2004 02:06 PM

Is Begin out tonight? Bulis Begin Kovalev - Now that's not a bad line! :clap:

Moumni_Bachir 03-31-2004 02:08 PM

I will do those line

Bulis Koivu Zednique
Perreault-Ribeiro-Ryder

And Kovalev scratch!!!

Moumni_Bachir 03-31-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
Is Begin out tonight? Bulis Begin Kovalev - Now that's not a bad line! :clap:

Your avatar is previsible :toothless

VAN-HAB 03-31-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
I will do those line

Bulis Koivu Zednique
Perreault-Ribeiro-Ryder

And Kovalev scratch!!!

which means that Kovalev will centre a line with And and Scratch
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Moumni_Bachir 03-31-2004 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
which means that Kovalev will centre a line with And and Scratch
:jump: :jump: :jump:

I never tought someone will have understand that joke! You've just get a lot of respect from me and you are welcome to my house :)

some of you people coming to catch what I am saying

Calice que j'écris mal.