HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Hossa possibly out until December (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=665857)

Stuy 07-21-2009 09:56 PM

Hossa possibly out until December

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/2302

Sean Avery* 07-22-2009 12:08 AM

WHAT THE ****.....

What the ****?!!?!

massivegoonery 07-22-2009 12:09 AM

Is it wrong that I find this absolutely hilarious?

Quicktimer 07-22-2009 12:17 AM

Wait!?!? Wasn't Havlat the one who was suppose to get injured?

2 Minute Minor 07-22-2009 12:51 AM

Oh my.

I'll just hang around so that flapjack can explain to me how this helps the Hawks' chances for the Cup. Probably helps to develop some young stud in the meantime, then Hossa is fresh for the playoffs. They don't need him to win the Western Conference regular season anyway.

Did I win?

I smell sensationalized journalism here. I can't believe that a team would sign a guy with a serious injury (like the hypothetical rotator cuff) to that kind of contract without picking it up in a physical. Surely Hossa knew he was injured, right? I don't know...something smells pretty fishy and I'm betting its that the story is blown out of proportion.

If it isn't........just wow.

Sean Avery* 07-22-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor (Post 20512044)
Oh my.

I'll just hang around so that flapjack can explain to me how this helps the Hawks' chances for the Cup. Probably helps to develop some young stud in the meantime, then Hossa is fresh for the playoffs. They don't need him to win the Western Conference regular season anyway.

Did I win?

I smell sensationalized journalism here. I can't believe that a team would sign a guy with a serious injury (like the hypothetical rotator cuff) to that kind of contract without picking it up in a physical. Surely Hossa knew he was injured, right? I don't know...something smells pretty fishy and I'm betting its that the story is blown out of proportion.

If it isn't........just wow.

Sassone is generally pretty good... I really hope he's wrong here.

enforcersrule 07-22-2009 01:17 AM

How do we go from a serious franchise in the midst of rebuilding and making a cup run to a joke of a franchise AGAIN in such a short period of time?! Between the front office shenanigans and now this?! Really?!?

wtf.

yellowtree 07-22-2009 01:50 AM

WTF? That would be catastrophal! Who would be placed as a substitute?

brtriad 07-22-2009 02:13 AM

Is this a joke? Does he not have to take a physical before his deal is finalized? Wow. I guess this gives Skille or Aliu a chance to make the roster.

EmeticDonut 07-22-2009 02:23 AM

curse of muldoon?

anyways, i'd wait for official word before jumping off the ledge. if it turns out to be true, then this falls squarely on McD's shoulders and i can't wait how he tries to spin this gaff.

hanrahan 07-22-2009 03:52 AM

This has to be a joke!? Right?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ndgt10 07-22-2009 05:56 AM

OT, but why does this board have such few posts? Are there really not that many fans of the Hawks compared to the other teams on these boards?

Taser19 07-22-2009 08:24 AM

Fire Tallon! Oh wait it's already done.

Ridiculous if true.

HoverCarle* 07-22-2009 08:34 AM

One positive if this is true is that while he's on LTIR you can exceed the cap, so it gives you guys more time to market Sharp/Versteeg/Campbell or whoever you want to trade to clear space

Blue Dot 07-22-2009 08:40 AM

Havlat was laughing really hard at this...until he broke his sternum

Steve Larmer 07-22-2009 09:21 AM

FML. This offseason went from so, so good to so, so bad...Let's wait and see how this plays out.

Anyone have any other links???

EmeticDonut 07-22-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndgt10 (Post 20512823)
OT, but why does this board have such few posts? Are there really not that many fans of the Hawks compared to the other teams on these boards?

most fans frequent the official board and there are also a couple other boards that are quite popular.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=...ICAGOHeadlines

not sure what the source is, so could be a rehash of the original story. however read on the official board someone had heard on the radio about this and there the team confirmed this.

Retail1LO 07-22-2009 11:08 AM

I'm a diehard Hawks fan...but I can't help but laugh. LOL I mean...seriously. Certain portions of the sporting world were just designed to suffer. You have to be lighthearted and maintain a good sense of humor. Maybe we can have an awesome start out the gate. Getting Hossa back in December would be like, our big midseason acquisition. LOL

Coldplay 07-22-2009 01:32 PM

I lol'd hard when I opened this thread. :laugh::shakehead

Bring Back GLR 07-22-2009 02:14 PM

Our enemy this year is'nt Detroit, it's our front office. Everything from the Campbell deal, Huet/Khabby situation, firing of Savard, UFA/RFA mess, firing of Tallon and now this thing with Hossa is just unbelievable. The Hawks brass constantly shoot themselves in the foot. As much as I like Mcdonough's attitude of "win at all costs" sometimes I think it would be good if this team could just grow without all the big free agents and media hype machine that just constantly bogs us down. If the Hawks fall flat on their face this year, don't be surprised if Mcdick gets the axe to. He'll fire himself and go work PR on the Atlanta Thrashers, and they'll have conventions and sign hobbled free agents as well.

Bring Back GLR 07-22-2009 02:27 PM

The only good thing about this is we'll most likely see lots of Beach, Aliu, Skille and others cuz it's pretty much all hands on deck in trying to fill in all those extra goals that will be missing. We'll see who can stay with the club and help out till Hossa gets back. My money's on Beach. Beach should be with Kane/Toews and Sharp should move down and play with Bolland.

Lucbourdon 07-22-2009 02:37 PM

Before people rip Tallon, get some facts strait.

Tallon was the ONLY and i mean ONLY one who did NOT want hossa in the organization.

Crazy_Ike 07-22-2009 03:58 PM

While it is amusing watching the fickle inhabitants of the boards freak out, the truth is most the hockey world was aware that Hossa was hurt during the playoffs, the Hawks had specific physical data and went ahead anyways (ie, this is NOT a surprise to them), and this actually explains why they aren't nearly as worried about this season's salary cap as some seemed to have thought.

Sean Avery* 07-22-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR (Post 20517356)
Our enemy this year is'nt Detroit, it's our front office. Everything from the Campbell deal, Huet/Khabby situation, firing of Savard, UFA/RFA mess, firing of Tallon and now this thing with Hossa is just unbelievable. The Hawks brass constantly shoot themselves in the foot. As much as I like Mcdonough's attitude of "win at all costs" sometimes I think it would be good if this team could just grow without all the big free agents and media hype machine that just constantly bogs us down. If the Hawks fall flat on their face this year, don't be surprised if Mcdick gets the axe to. He'll fire himself and go work PR on the Atlanta Thrashers, and they'll have conventions and sign hobbled free agents as well.

The firing of Savard worked awesome IMO... I wasn't pissed about it when it happened. Surprised, yes... upset, no.

LarmerAmonteSeabrook 07-22-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtriad (Post 20512430)
Is this a joke? Does he not have to take a physical before his deal is finalized? Wow. I guess this gives Skille or Aliu a chance to make the roster.

I'd place Beach ahead of Skille on our prospect ranking list.