HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Head Count For Saturday, 10/3 vs. Carolina (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=665958)

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 10:44 AM

Head Count For Saturday, 10/3 vs. Carolina

Hi folks,

I've checked the results from the poll I posted last week, and going ahead I've decided to focus on the two games that drew the most votes. I talked with my rep in the Bruins' sales department and she says they don't know yet whether there's a catch to buying group tickets to either of these games yet, as there was for the Detroit game people were interested in last year (i.e. the requirement that an equal number of tickets be bought for opening night). So going forward I'm going to assume for the time being that there isn't. Having said that, who's in for this game? Please let me know when you get a chance, and of course please specify the number of tickets you need. Thanks!

Andy

thegodfather 07-22-2009 10:47 AM

Andy: What would the cost of the tickets be and is there a hotel close by to the rink that I'd be able to walk from one to the other ?

If all can fit the budget and the warden gives the okay I'd have to say I'm in.

Thanks in advance.

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegodfather (Post 20514172)
Andy: What would the cost of the tickets be and is there a hotel close by to the rink that I'd be able to walk from one to the other ?

If all can fit the budget and the warden gives the okay I'd have to say I'm in.

Thanks in advance.

To be perfectly honest the rep from the Bruins sales office says they don't have pricing as of yet, and probably won't until late August. For what it's worth, the seats we sat in last year were $55.50 a pop. I think it's pretty safe to say that you can count on paying at least that much this year as well.

As for hotels, there are many within walking distance of the Garden -- but be forewarned, hotel space in Boston tends to be rather pricey. As far as which hotels would be best to stay at, I'll leave that to somebody who would know more about it than I. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

sarge88 07-22-2009 11:05 AM

Just booked a room at the Omni Parker house for New Year's Eve. They are running a special where you get 15% off if you pay 21 or more days in advance.

The $199 room I reserved cost about $180 including taxes/fees.

Small room, nice hotel not too far from the Garden.

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge88 (Post 20514389)
Just booked a room at the Omni Parker house for New Year's Eve. They are running a special where you get 15% off if you pay 21 or more days in advance.

And there's your answer. Thanks, Sarge!

flannelman 07-22-2009 11:09 AM

Andy, when do you need confirmation by? My 'fun funds' may be going to mortgage fund this year.

Alicat 07-22-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarge88 (Post 20514389)

I just booked at the Boston Marriott in Cambridge and locked in an $84 AAA rate for 2 nights:)

Andy, I will tentatively say yes to 2 tix. Waiting on a few things...

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 20514451)
Andy, when do you need confirmation by? My 'fun funds' may be going to mortgage fund this year.

Hi, Trav. I won't really need a final count until about the time group tickets go on sale, which will probably happen some time shortly before tickets go on sale to the general public. I'm guessing that'll be either in late August or early September. I hope you can make it, but if not I understand. Keeping a roof over your head is obviously very important, and in this economy it's not a given.

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat4434 (Post 20514487)
I just booked at the Boston Marriott in Cambridge and locked in an $84 AAA rate for 2 nights:)

Andy, I will tentatively say yes to 2 tix. Waiting on a few things...

Duly noted, Aly. Hope to see you there!

Alicat 07-22-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleShamrock (Post 20514521)
Duly noted, Aly. Hope to see you there!

i wouldnt miss it, its scott walker and its my Bday:)

Fredi28 07-22-2009 11:31 AM

I will most likely be in for this again, it was such a blast last year.

Trav, you really need to make it happen, I need my drinking buddy again.

Cronuss 07-22-2009 11:33 AM

When the schedule was released, I emailed my friends and told them I'm going to that game. So I'm in.

When do they go on sale?

Neely2005 07-22-2009 11:34 AM

I might be interested. I have to check out my schedule.

flannelman 07-22-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredi28 (Post 20514663)
I will most likely be in for this again, it was such a blast last year.

Trav, you really need to make it happen, I need my drinking buddy again.

as soon as Aug 22nd comes and goes, I should know - I'm guessing I can, just waiting for the final #'s from the bank

this time I'll do my best not to lock my keys in my jeep :dunce:

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cronuss (Post 20514677)
When the schedule was released, I emailed my friends and told them I'm going to that game. So I'm in.

When do they go on sale?

Most likely some time just before tickets go on sale to the general public, which I believe will be in either late August or early September.

WickedBruinsGirl 07-22-2009 11:42 AM

I'll be there, don't need a ticket. :)

If you want me to organize something at the Grille again to meet up before the game, let me know. ;)

PurpleShamrock 07-22-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl (Post 20514789)
I'll be there, don't need a ticket. :)

If you want me to organize something at the Grille again to meet up before the game, let me know. ;)

Thanks, Jaci! We'll probably take you up on that again.

ToddRundgren 07-22-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alycat4434 (Post 20514616)
i wouldnt miss it, its scott walker and its my Bday:)

It's my girlfriend's birthday as well. I think she'd be up for a game on this day, so I'm most likely in for 2 tickets.

duckchobbins 07-22-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 20514451)

that makes two of us!

my decision also hinges on the classic. i already promised mrscd that i will not go to ANY other bruins games for the complete season if we go to the classic. so hopefully ill know about that sooner rather than later.

Ladyfan 07-22-2009 12:03 PM

I will also be there but don't need a ticket.

Andy...so nice of you to do this again

flannelman 07-22-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 20514972)
that makes two of us!

my decision also hinges on the classic. i already promised mrscd that i will not go to ANY other bruins games for the complete season if we go to the classic. so hopefully ill know about that sooner rather than later.

congrats! *did I miss this before?*

find anything, yet? i'm under agreement, but haven't signed my life away

duckchobbins 07-22-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 20515288)
congrats! *did I miss this before?*

find anything, yet? i'm under agreement, but haven't signed my life away

i would post the link to the photos, but they FINALLY took the listing off the net. we had an offer accepted, signed a P/S, and have a closing date set for 8/10. the only thing left is the mortgage approval, which should be coming in within a week. its a short sale, so we've been getting jerked around a little (closing was supposed to be in june), hoping that 8/10 is the lucky day though.

i have not signed my life away either, but im pretty stoked about this place. congrats to you as well! scary, but exciting stuff this is.

Morris Wanchuk 07-22-2009 01:11 PM

I don't need a ticket.

But I will also be there for the after party. I will be sure to stop by and say hello at the game.

Fredi28 07-22-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flannelman (Post 20514705)
as soon as Aug 22nd comes and goes, I should know - I'm guessing I can, just waiting for the final #'s from the bank

this time I'll do my best not to lock my keys in my jeep :dunce:

HAHA, please dont so that we can get a few brews before hand this time.

slegr_71 07-22-2009 02:36 PM

I don't need a ticket, but like WBG, Morris, and Ladyfan, I'll join you for pre- and/or post-game gatherings. :)