HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Maven w/ crazy talk bure and lindros... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66636)

Janerixon 03-31-2004 04:27 PM

Maven w/ crazy talk bure and lindros...

http://www.msgnetwork.com/content_ne...ers&league=nhl

"Eric Lindros’ successful shoulder surgery guarantees his return as a Ranger; but what about Pavel Bure? It’s not inconceivable that a positive Summer of rehab could inspire the Russian Rocket to give it one more try!"

uhh lindros has a team option for what at least 8 million and possibly more, that will not be picked up, period end of discussion so get real. oh yeah bure has a team option as well for 11 million, yes 11 million and there is going to be some new cbs, but yeah bure may give it another go? does he even do any research or just think to himself, yeah lindros and bure, write about it? i cant stand stan

"Bobby Francis is being touted for the Rangers’ head-coaching slot by one East Coast team exec.

“Francis has the perfect disposition for that job,” the VP tells us."

i guess i could live with francis but he isnt even in my top 5 choices

1) robinson
2) Mcgill
3) Nolan
4) quenneville
5) maurice

Burberry Manning 03-31-2004 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janerixon

"Eric Lindros’ successful shoulder surgery guarantees his return as a Ranger; but what about Pavel Bure? It’s not inconceivable that a positive Summer of rehab could inspire the Russian Rocket to give it one more try!"

uhh lindros has a team option for what at least 8 million and possibly more, that will not be picked up, period end of discussion so get real. oh yeah bure has a team option as well for 11 million, yes 11 million and there is going to be some new cbs, but yeah bure may give it another go? does he even do any research or just think to himself, yeah lindros and bure, write about it? i cant stand stan

Obviously they arent going to pick up his option but they could still resign him at a much lower salary, depending on how the CBA goes. From all accounts he loves NY and wants to stay here. Thats in sharp contrast to everyone's belief that he would be an automatic Leaf. I'll take Lindros back. He's been a good soldier and for some reason I still have reason to believe he can be a force again.

NYR2 03-31-2004 04:33 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but I want Lindros to come back.

Larry Melnyk 03-31-2004 04:49 PM

Lindros = Mistake......For next year, the Rangers need a 1st line C (it will be a vet) and possibly a 2nd offensive C, if they don't give it to a kid (which I think they should)..To count on the inconsistent and injury plagued Lindros for either of these slots is pure lunacy..

I've said for over a year or more that this organization will not be able to move on until the albatross Messier and Lindros are removed from the equation..ANd all I keep hearing is rumblings that these two pukes be back....Hey, it worlked so good the past few years, why not?

True Blue 03-31-2004 04:52 PM

Torn on Lindros. Does a rebuilding team really need an Eric Lindros? Does Lindros really want to kill himself that badly? But then, him at a dirt cheap salary ($1m) may not be a bad option to center Jagr. But again, does a team that is rebuilding have an Eric Lindros?
As for coaches, to me Q is the top choice. If Hitch gets canned by Philly, he's #2.
1. Q
2. Hitch (if he's canned)
3. Mcgill/Fotui tandem
4. Francis (he'll get a serious look for the family connections alone).
5. Tochet (give him a shot)

barnaby63 03-31-2004 04:55 PM

Lindros has a team option for 10 million. Bure has one for 11 million. And leave it to Stan to get the Rangers Bure and Lindros when we are rebuilding, already have Jagr and younger and healthier free agents will be available. What a tool. :lol

My top coaching candidates are:
1 - Bobby Francis
2 - Joel Quennville
3 - Paul Maurice
4 - Ryan McGill
5 - Barry Smith(Assistant coach of Detroit)

Screw Robinson. He blew us off 2 times already and you are still willing to let him do it a 3rd time? :shakehead

Fletch 03-31-2004 05:06 PM

I won't be so sure...

Sather doesn't even pursue Lindros. The guy was knocked out of this season and I'm sure Sather, deep down, blames the loss of Lindros in large part a reason for the team's decline. He's a gamble, and after three incomplete/ineffective seasons, overall, I'm not 100% sure Sather signs him.

Of course that leaves the organization with the dilemma of who centers Jagr. Holik seems, by far, to be this team's best offensive center. Unfortunately, this team goes nowhere unless Holik is put in the position to do what he's supposed to do.

Petemo 03-31-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Lindros = Mistake......For next year, the Rangers need a 1st line C (it will be a vet) and possibly a 2nd offensive C, if they don't give it to a kid (which I think they should)..To count on the inconsistent and injury plagued Lindros for either of these slots is pure lunacy..

I've said for over a year or more that this organization will not be able to move on until the albatross Messier and Lindros are removed from the equation..ANd all I keep hearing is rumblings that these two pukes be back....Hey, it worlked so good the past few years, why not?

Pukes? I would hardly call them pukes. Big-E has played some pretty good hockey here in NY, and Bure without a doubt played very well here, Pavel averaged a Point Per Game(okay, .98 p/g ;) ) while here in New York and never showed a sign of stopping up until the injuries.

Theoren Fan 03-31-2004 05:33 PM

The Bure fan within me would LOVE to see Pavel given another shot with the Rangers under the right conditions. Just needs to be signed to a contract, and if it works out then congratulations to both him and the Rangers, and if it doesn't, put a kid in his place. With Kovalev gone, he just takes his place in the lineup. Ideally you'd like to see a kid get the time instead of a vet like Pavel, but again, I'm just talking about the Bure fan side of me.

jas 03-31-2004 05:39 PM

I'd take Lindros back...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk

before signing either Nylander of Zhamnov. Can you say Nedved w/o the hot fiance? Besides, if Lindros goes down, "Sidney Crosby, here we come!!!" :banana:

(I just HAD to use the banana!)

TUQ 03-31-2004 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
Of course that leaves the organization with the dilemma of who centers Jagr. Holik seems, by far, to be this team's best offensive center. Unfortunately, this team goes nowhere unless Holik is put in the position to do what he's supposed to do.

That´s the reason why Rangers should resign Lindros. Obviously they won´t do it on terms stated by that option but I think Sather would be willing to discus a new agreement with Lindros. Giving him less money of course.

barnaby63 03-31-2004 05:57 PM

Radek Bonk anyone?

TheoFan, why would you give a spot to Bure when it is clear we dont need him? We have plenty of forwards for the top-2 lines next season(or will compete for spots)

Josef Balej
Jamie Lundmark
RJ Umberger
Jarkko Immonen
Jan Marek
Petr Prucha

And maybe even our 1st rounder this season(Ladd?)

If we sign Bure it will be going back to the ways that got us in trouble.

Larry Melnyk 03-31-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
before signing either Nylander of Zhamnov. Can you say Nedved w/o the hot fiance? Besides, if Lindros goes down, "Sidney Crosby, here we come!!!" :banana:

Jas, you got a point about Sidney Crosby! Still, outside of a goalie and a strong coach, the biggest need on this team next year is a passing C that can play with Jag...Lindros doesn't even come close to that and together with his health and inconsistency I wouldn't take him if you paid me....Unlike other people, can't say Nylander or Zhamnov floats my boat, but Nylander is a much better passer then Baby Huey....Who knows, maybe a slick passing centerman becomes available with the new CBA or we deal for Marc Savard. :banana:

in the hall 03-31-2004 06:13 PM

forget lindros, if we go that route go for the better risk in Jason Allison.. but allas i would rather we stick to this plan.. we are rebuilding not retooling...

BwayBshirt 03-31-2004 06:34 PM

Hello all, this is my very first post and I am honored to be a part of your community if you will have me.

Personally, I'd rather not have either P. Bure or Lindros back. I was one of the biggest fans of Bure when I first saw him and I've been a fan of his all the way up to his injury last season, but the fact is he is an injury waiting to happen and I'd rather not see him forced to retire suffering a horrible looking injury with those bad knees. Also he has a seemingly comfortable life away from the game so I feel he should enjoy it. Add to that the Rangers won't have a problem with having quality wingers on their team, especially if they bring back Barnaby, Simon, and Rucinsky as rumors out there tend to say.

As for Lindros, same goes. Concussions will always be with him, and again I don't want to see him not get up off the ice one of these days and be able to walk away. I remember the way Pat LaFontaine's career basically ended when he collided with Mike Keane who at the time was his own teammate. I believe something awkward like that would happen to Lindros and I don't want to see it on my team. The team does need help at C because Bobby Holik is not a first-line guy. He should never be called on to be a top scoring line center, he is perfect on the 2nd line. Plus it's time to see if Jamie Lundmark (if given sufficient playing time AND if he's still on the team next season) can start to show something.

Finally, Francis is not a bad option at all as the next head coach for the team and I wouldn't mind him, but I think Glen Sather for once should SERIOUSLY go after the most qualified head coaching candidates and with that in mind here is my top 5 most available right now:

1. Quenneville
2. Maurice
3. McGill
4. Robinson
5. Francis

Janerixon 03-31-2004 06:46 PM

we have no use for lindros or bure, we are rebuilding, they both are older, near the end, and will require alot of money

something no one here has even mentioned is that none of these guys is going to accept a huge salary reduction (regardless of the possible new cba) to play on a rebuilding team, maybe to play on a contender, but not to be in last place, and if they are willing then i have to question their motives

i cant complain about either of these guys performances when they were healthy but its time to get younger and go in a different direction

now if we have to sign a center to play with jagr, something i think sather will do, i want someone who isnt injury prone and who can still make an impact, rolston is that man

as for coach, i dont see hitch getting fired, id love to get him if he is, but i dont see him getting fired even if the flyers lose in the 1st round

as for robinson, he didnt want to coach a bunch of overpaid older veterans, he enjoys working with younger guys and teaching them, he may be interested now, i cant blame him for not being interested before, besides who wants to work for sather? i dont

Park #2 03-31-2004 06:54 PM

Quote:

as for coach, i dont see hitch getting fired, id love to get him if he is, but i dont see him getting fired even if the flyers lose in the 1st round

as for robinson, he didnt want to coach a bunch of overpaid older veterans, he enjoys working with younger guys and teaching them, he may be interested now, i cant blame him for not being interested before, besides who wants to work for sather? i dont

Hitchcock and Bobby Clarke are not getting along whatsoever and are having turf wars in Philly. Considering Clarke's seemingly endless supply of chances, I think Hitch might lose that battle. (Especially considering the fact that JR, JL, ED, SG all dislike him as well).

BwayBshirt 03-31-2004 07:36 PM

Quote:

we have no use for lindros or bure, we are rebuilding, they both are older, near the end, and will require alot of money

something no one here has even mentioned is that none of these guys is going to accept a huge salary reduction (regardless of the possible new cba) to play on a rebuilding team, maybe to play on a contender, but not to be in last place, and if they are willing then i have to question their motives

i cant complain about either of these guys performances when they were healthy but its time to get younger and go in a different direction

now if we have to sign a center to play with jagr, something i think sather will do, i want someone who isnt injury prone and who can still make an impact, rolston is that man

I wouldn't question their motives if either accepted a kariya-esque, incentive-laden deal. While I don't believe both would do something like that, I do think one of them would just to prove they could stay healthy a while or simply to keep playing even on a team like the rangers.

I do agree though on Hitchcock, didn't know problems existed between him and Clarke. I've been of the opinion all season long that if the Flyers were eliminated in a discouraging manner that Clarke not Hitchcock would go. If Hitchcock were to become available, I would hope Sather wouldn't screw it up twice, but you never know.

xander 03-31-2004 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas

right on!

John Flyers Fan 03-31-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
As for coaches, to me Q is the top choice. If Hitch gets canned by Philly, he's #2.
1. Q
2. Hitch (if he's canned)
3. Mcgill/Fotui tandem
4. Francis (he'll get a serious look for the family connections alone).
5. Tochet (give him a shot)

Hitch isn't going anywhere.

Tocchet would be one of the better asst. coaches out there. From all reports he does most of the coaching in Colorado.

Park #2 03-31-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

"Bobby Francis is being touted for the Rangers’ head-coaching slot by one East Coast team exec.

“Francis has the perfect disposition for that job,” the VP tells us."

i guess i could live with francis but he isnt even in my top 5 choices

1) robinson
2) Mcgill
3) Nolan
4) quenneville
5) maurice

Fischler is a bit more looney then he was 10 years ago, and that's saying a lot since he was looney then. The guy has been around the game forever, and studies the history of it. However, he writes about the current NHL for no other reason then the "Wow" factor and to create a little controversy or discussion.

Janerixon 03-31-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

Tocchet would be one of the better asst. coaches out there. From all reports he does most of the coaching in Colorado.

john
i have to agree with you, i cant see the flyers letting go of hitch, regardless of the fact players dont like him, he plays a great system that works and he knows the game

if for some reason clarke does fire hitch, id like to take him especially with the young kids, but right now i want robo or mcgill

polako 03-31-2004 08:10 PM

lets not forget the last time we hired an assistant coach from colorado

Theoren Fan 03-31-2004 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

So did Trottier

Park #2 03-31-2004 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo Fan
So did Trottier

Not quite... Bob Hartley is a very good NHL coach and is the head man no matter where he goes.