HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Speculation: Trade with Montreal? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=666949)

Volks 07-25-2009 01:31 PM

Trade with Montreal?

I live in Montreal but i'm a huge fans of the sharks. I was looking in a Habs forum and a guy very well informed with good sources. That his sources tell him that a trade is cooking and the trade will look

Halak, Andrei Kostitsyn and Hamrlik vs Marleau and Vlasic.

Some picks could me trade as well. This deal have 80% chances happen.

Personally, i don't think that the Sharks will make this deal. First, why they would trade Vlasic a excellent def and don't have a big salary cap. Hamrlick have a cap hit of 5.5 and have 2 years remaining. Andrei K could be an excellent add to the wing of Joe Thornton and Halak is a good goalie that might replace Nabby next year.

The most important point is that with this trade the Sharks will not lower they salary cap they will INCREASE it.

Like Eklund heard this might be something cooking with mtl and it might be Cheechoo because with Cheechoo traded and Lukowich traded or put in the waivers the Sharks might be good.

Please DW do something NO MORE CHOCKING !!!!

Nighthock 07-25-2009 01:37 PM

I would hang up the phone ...

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/images...phone_yell.jpg

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

The Nemesis 07-25-2009 01:37 PM

Nothing against you, but I dislike "I heard from a guy" sourced deals.

and that trade makes zero sense.

Marleau + Vlasic = 9.3m

Halak + Hamrlik + Kostitsyn = 9.525m

So the Sharks don't solve their cap issues and downgrade their players.

No sense in this. Feels like it was cooked up so the Habs could get a good Quebec-born player in Vlasic.

SCinSJ 07-25-2009 01:45 PM

Welcome to the boards Volks...

But yeah, the chance of this happening is not 80%... More like >1%.
I don't even know where to begin with all the holes in this trade...

bigwillie 07-25-2009 02:05 PM

If that trade goes down, I am personally marching down to Doug Wilson's office and kicking him square in the balls as hard as I can. Absolutely terrible.

Karl with a C 07-25-2009 02:46 PM

Me when I read the OP:

http://prettysideofpain.ketnar.org/T...mused_khan.jpg

suitup17 07-25-2009 02:58 PM

Please do hang up the phone. That deal makes no sense to us. Fans would revolt!

D Huang 07-25-2009 03:20 PM

This is pretty bad

Shape 07-25-2009 03:33 PM

i lul'd.

sharkie88 07-25-2009 03:59 PM

Wow. The Sharks get bent over big time in this deal. There is absolutely no way this happens.

Mr Scarface* 07-25-2009 04:04 PM

My mind would not do this deal. My hand might.

Patrick Marleau has some real skillz speed. He might have played some bad playoff games, sometimes, but from Patty, we should get something special back. He scores a lot, during the regular season.

Next season, Patty Marleau might go for 99 points, during regular season. So he is cheap. He ain't no Real Leader. Without the C, Patty would score 99 points, and not have 99 problems, his wife certainly ain't one.

PerfectStorm* 07-25-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 20552846)
I live in Montreal but i'm a huge fans of the sharks. I was looking in a Habs forum and a guy very well informed with good sources. That his sources tell him that a trade is cooking and the trade will look

Halak, Andrei Kostitsyn and Hamrlik vs Marleau and Vlasic.

Some picks could me trade as well. This deal have 80% chances happen.

Personally, i don't think that the Sharks will make this deal. First, why they would trade Vlasic a excellent def and don't have a big salary cap. Hamrlick have a cap hit of 5.5 and have 2 years remaining. Andrei K could be an excellent add to the wing of Joe Thornton and Halak is a good goalie that might replace Nabby next year.

The most important point is that with this trade the Sharks will not lower they salary cap they will INCREASE it.

Like Eklund heard this might be something cooking with mtl and it might be Cheechoo because with Cheechoo traded and Lukowich traded or put in the waivers the Sharks might be good.

Please DW do something NO MORE CHOCKING !!!!

Who said the trade is 80% to happen?

vilpertti 07-25-2009 04:29 PM

Is there a chance to add Ryder and a 2nd to that trade?

Volks 07-25-2009 05:13 PM

I juste reported what i read but i completly disagree this will be such a bad trade for San Jose. The person that report it is very credible and Eklund also talk about Marleau. I believe that Cheechoo will be moved and Lukowich too. And the 3rd line coulbe a young line with mcginn, mitchell and why not vesce or Couture but he seem not ready to nhl but we never know.

WineShark 07-25-2009 05:20 PM

The Habs make that in a heartbeat. Not the Sharks.

The Habs have put out some big contracts this year for long term commitments. Trading out an aging Hamrlik with a $5.5M hit for Vlasic with a $3M hit would be a lovely thing for them. For us, trading out a still young but increasingly ineffective Cheechoo and his $3M contract would be a good thing. Both teams are near the cap with Montreal having a little more breathing room but that means salaries will still have to be evened out somehow.

With the Huskins signing, we have defensemen to give. With the Habs signing Sanford as a backup goalie, it seems they are ready to part with Halak. We need second tier forwards and a backup goalie for the future, and the Habs need a little help defensively now with some forwards and Halak to give. From a distance, it seems that they have some competition for bottom line spots as well so wouldn't mind parting with a lower tier forward.

They don't need Marleau with the money they just committed to Gomez, Cammaleri, and Gionta. So that makes no sense. It also doesn't make sense for us to trade Vlasic's salary and take Hamrlik's salary that goes for 2 seasons.

If they want Vlasic what makes sense to me is something like:

Vlasic + Cheechoo + a second= $6.1M
Halak + Kostitsyn + Metropolit = $5M

Metropolit is older but still a good utility forward for the 3rd/4th line and can fill in several places for short periods on other lines. I suspect Johansson, Pyatt, or Chipcura will take Metropolit's place for less money.

Kostitsyn is a guy who looks to be an good scoring wing but is not a sure thing. Halak too is a smallish goalie who came with a lot of press and may live up to it, but its too early. Money wise, this would save some money for Mtl getting rid of Metropolit's contract but save us more that we can use for injury and filling the roster with bottom line players. They get value in Vlasics contract. We get value loosing Cheechoos contract.

As in any of these discussions, we will overvalue our players and they will overvalue theirs. And then, nothing will happen.

Karl with a C 07-25-2009 05:23 PM

Volks has never lied to me before, so I trust him fully.

PerfectStorm* 07-25-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volks (Post 20554933)
I juste reported what i read but i completly disagree this will be such a bad trade for San Jose. The person that report it is very credible and Eklund also talk about Marleau. I believe that Cheechoo will be moved and Lukowich too. And the 3rd line coulbe a young line with mcginn, mitchell and why not vesce or Couture but he seem not ready to nhl but we never know.

Fail for putting these two words in the same sentence.

What is the basis of this person's credibility? Were they the first to break Ryder Halak and a 2nd?

Rickety Cricket 07-25-2009 05:41 PM

A+ would buy again.

Hab Shark 07-25-2009 10:17 PM

It just so happens, I follow both teams also and that has the smell of a Habs fan pipe dream.

1. Halak is OK but nothing to get excited about, it just so happens his best game ever was against the Sharks.

2. Hamrlik is a glorified Semenov, at this point in his career.

3. AK is as inconsistent as they come and brings questionable heart and of ice issues.

tiburon12 07-25-2009 10:27 PM

i heard trades with montreal were looming, but for plekanec. I feel DW has more common sense than to trade pickles

viewer3511 07-25-2009 10:34 PM

this, is terrible. IMO

5H4RK5 07-25-2009 10:38 PM

immeasurable goofiness :D

Graveland 07-25-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hab Shark (Post 20557200)
It just so happens, I follow both teams also and that has the smell of a Habs fan pipe dream.

1. Halak is OK but nothing to get excited about, it just so happens his best game ever was against the Sharks.

3. AK is as inconsistent as they come and brings questionable heart and of ice issues.

This.

SJeasy 07-25-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hab Shark (Post 20557200)

Your estimate of heart on Plekanec? Relative to AK.

Since you follow the Habs closely. Thanks.

allworldcaucasn* 07-25-2009 11:34 PM

Eklund says the Habs are in on Cheechoo big time.

Maybe the Habs bosses were extremely impressed with this goal.