HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Now lets talk about real line (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66762)

CoupeStanley 03-31-2004 10:41 PM

Now lets talk about real line
 
No way is Kovalev playing right wing on the 3th line or at LW of Ribs/Saku ...

The most obvious thing to do since Kovalev join was to put him with Koivu it was the complete consesus.

He have been there 9 games(10?) and he have played what 1 game and a period with Saku ? The first thing to try is Kovalev to the right side of Koivu, no ?

I have nothing against line juggling but sometime you need to try combinason that make sense.


I really think that Bulis can be the spark plug for Kovalev since he's very fast, sound defensively and good on the forecheck.
Koivu maybe off right now, but watchout in the playoffs, he is a fierce competitor
Kovalev is visibly off position at LW.

1st line
Bulis-Koivu-Kovalev

Zednik was good with Ribeiro.
Ryder can play the LW.. I don't remember all his goals but not so long ago I seen him hit two post and score a nice backend goal on the left side.

2nd line :
Ryder-Ribeiro-Zednik

3rd line
Begin-Dowd-Sundstrom

This line as some skill, grit and defensive awareness

4th line
Langdon/Komisarek-Juneau-Ward

Sound defensive line with size..

the best hockey we've seen of souray
Souray-Quintal

Good together
Rivet-Markov

Good transition game
Brisebois-Bouillon/Komisarek

THEO

Necrophile 03-31-2004 10:49 PM

I for one still can't believe Julien hasn't tried Kovalev on Koivu's wing... Or as a top-6 RW, for that matter... I trust CJ, but he's got me scratching my head on that one (it ain't the fleas this time :rolly: ).

CrAzYNiNe 03-31-2004 10:59 PM

I know Zed and Ryder like the RW, but damn Kovalev has been an All-Star at that position. Give him the quality players and with him on the RW and see what happends. Kovalev looks like he wants to change who he is and be more of a guy who lets the coach coach him, but I think that is a bad thing for him. I don't want him to be egotistical, but atleast say that he is unhappy with what he is doing and how to utilize him right.

Natural Habs Fan 03-31-2004 11:09 PM

Bulis is not a top 6 forward!

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa, Perrault or Dags-Ribiero-Ryder
Bulis-Dowd-Sundstrom or Juneau
Langdon-Begin-Ward

CoupeStanley 03-31-2004 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Bulis is not a top 6 forward!

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa, Perrault or Dags-Ribiero-Ryder
Bulis-Dowd-Sundstrom or Juneau
Langdon-Begin-Ward

He would do great with Kovalev and Saku..

He's fast and good on the forecheck... and let's the magic begin with the chemistry Koivu and Kovalev will develop

Munchausen 03-31-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrophile
I for one still can't believe Julien hasn't tried Kovalev on Koivu's wing...

He has tried him on Koivu's wing. For one game and a 3rd. The one thing that puzzles me though is he put Kovalev on the left side and Zednik on the right wing. Now, I know Zednik was good on the right side in the playoffs against Boston, cuting to the inside all the time, but to me, overall, Z has always been a much better hockey player when on the left wing. So I just thought it would be a natural thing to pair him, Koivu and Kovalev, both wingers playing their stronger positions (Z on the left and Kovy on the right). I'm still waiting for that combo.

CoupeStanley 03-31-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
He has tried him on Koivu's wing. For one game and a 3rd. The one thing that puzzles me though is he put Kovalev on the left side and Zednik on the right wing. Now, I know Zednik was good on the right side in the playoffs against Boston, cuting to the inside all the time, but to me, overall, Z has always been a much better hockey player when on the left wing. So I just thought it would be a natural thing to pair him, Koivu and Kovalev, both playeing their stronger positions (Z on the left and Kovy on the right). I'm still wanting for that combo.

Yeah, all as long as kovalev is playing rw of koivu...

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Bulis-Ribeiro-Ryder

VAN-HAB 03-31-2004 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
No way is Kovalev playing right wing on the 3th line or at LW of Ribs/Saku ...

The most obvious thing to do since Kovalev join was to put him with Koivu it was the complete consesus.

He have been there 9 games(10?) and he have played what 1 game and a period with Saku ? The first thing to try is Kovalev to the right side of Koivu, no ?

I have nothing against line juggling but sometime you need to try combinason that make sense.


I really think that Bulis can be the spark plug for Kovalev since he's very fast, sound defensively and good on the forecheck.
Koivu maybe off right now, but watchout in the playoffs, he is a fierce competitor
Kovalev is visibly off position at LW.

1st line
Bulis-Koivu-Kovalev

Zednik was good with Ribeiro.
Ryder can play the LW.. I don't remember all his goals but not so long ago I seen him hit two post and score a nice backend goal on the left side.

2nd line :
Ryder-Ribeiro-Zednik

3rd line
Begin-Dowd-Sundstrom

This line as some skill, grit and defensive awareness

4th line
Langdon/Komisarek-Juneau-Ward

Sound defensive line with size..

the best hockey we've seen of souray
Souray-Quintal

Good together
Rivet-Markov

Good transition game
Brisebois-Bouillon/Komisarek

THEO

you stole my lines, no really I am kiddin' best lines anyone proposed so far.

Bumjoo Wang* 04-01-2004 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
Bulis is not a top 6 forward!

Zednik-Koivu-Kovalev
Hossa, Perrault or Dags-Ribiero-Ryder
Bulis-Dowd-Sundstrom or Juneau
Langdon-Begin-Ward


I don't think, Hossa is a top 6 either..

Habber 04-01-2004 07:44 AM

I'm not too worred which way the top 6 is aligned, as long as Kovalev is there and Dags and Perrault aren't. Kovalev playing on the 3rd the last couple of games has seemed like a total waste and CJ better get him on the top 6 tonight. Not only does it make the top 6 weaker by not having him there, he also hurts the bottom 6 who are supposed to bring solid checking and energy and I don't know how they can do that with Kovalev.

I hope CJ will put an end to this 3 scoring lines nonsense and go back to what got us here. We aren't going to outgun anyone, we need to stick with what works for us which is good team defence.

Mooch 04-01-2004 08:17 AM

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Bulis, Ribs, Ryder
Begin, Dowd, Sunny
Langdon, Juneau, Ward

Dackel, Pereault, Dagenais all spare parts.

This is what Julien should experiment with for the next two games IMO and go with in the playoffs.

s7ark 04-01-2004 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Bulis, Ribs, Ryder
Begin, Dowd, Sunny
Langdon, Juneau, Ward

Dackel, Pereault, Dagenais all spare parts.

This is what Julien should experiment with for the next two games IMO and go with in the playoffs.

I REALLY like this lineup against Philly, as it is pretty much our best combo of experience, toughness, and skill. I might put Perreault in there against a faster team (instead of Juneau), and putting Ryder on the left wing. I know he likes the right, but I think he could produce at any forward position. The guy just works hard. That means that either Zednik stays left on the first line, or comes to RW on the second (Ryder at LW remember). That leaves flexibilty of Langdon/Dagenais splitting based on need, and Ward/Sunny/Dackell fighting for the last two RW spots... oh and Juneau filling water bottles. Good experience guy incase of injury.
So maybe it'd look like this (option 1/option 2):

Zednik/Bulis --- Koivu --- Kovalev
Bulis/Ryder --- Ribs --- Ryder/Zednik
Begin --- Dowd --- Sunny
Langdon/Dagenais --- Perreault/Juneau --- Ward/Dackell

Souray --- Brisebois
Bouillon --- Rivet
Markov --- Quintal/Komi (I hate having Markov on the 3rd, but Bouillon with Quintal or Komi = overmatched by really talented teams, and neither Quintal nor Komi should be getting line 2 ice time).

GG#60 04-01-2004 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Mooch]Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Bulis, Ribs, Ryder
Begin, Dowd, Sunny
Langdon, Juneau, Ward
QUOTE]

I like this lineup too. Hopefully CJ puts Kovalev on the first line for more than just 1 game.

417 04-01-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Bulis, Ribs, Ryder
Begin, Dowd, Sunny
Langdon, Juneau, Ward

Dackel, Pereault, Dagenais all spare parts.

This is what Julien should experiment with for the next two games IMO and go with in the playoffs.

I don't know for how many weeks I've been trying to convince everybody, it seems, that this should be the lineup CJ goes with, it's the best lineup we can ice, our top 6 forwards with everyone playing their positions on their natural side, same goes with the bottom 6...+ we can double shift Bulis, Bégin, Sundstrom on the 4th line when Langdon is not needed

This is frustrating, I've put up this lineup several times and everytime I got chewed up saying we should keep Perreault on the 1st line and now somebody else post it and everybody agrees :shakehead

either way, I hope CJ comes to his sense today...

jcpenny 04-01-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I don't know for how many weeks I've been trying to convince everybody, it seems, that this should be the lineup CJ goes with, it's the best lineup we can ice, our top 6 forwards with everyone playing their positions on their natural side, same goes with the bottom 6...+ we can double shift Bulis, Bégin, Sundstrom on the 4th line when Langdon is not needed

This is frustrating, I've put up this lineup several times and everytime I got chewed up saying we should keep Perreault on the 1st line and now somebody else post it and everybody agrees :shakehead

either way, I hope CJ comes to his sense today...

Hhahaha, you know i feel you 417!

Munchausen 04-01-2004 11:31 AM

I think the lineup for the last 2 games, which would also be my lineup for the playoffs, should be:

LW - C - RW

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Ribeiro - Ryder
Begin - Dowd - Ward
Sundstrom - Juneau - Dackell

2 strong scoring lines, one heck of a checking line that was dynamite when matched together and one other softer but more experienced defensive line that would see considerably less ice time 5 on 5 than the other 3 but would still be very valuable during the PK.

I have thought about those lines since we got Kovalev and have seen nothing to make me change my mind (quite the contrary).

Habsolution 04-01-2004 11:50 AM

I'd like to see exactly that come playoffs time Munchausen.

I also feel Zednik is better playing the left wing. And Kovalev still hasn't been given a shot on a top 2 line on the RW. At least I don't recall him playing RW with either one of Koivu or Ribs. Sure he did play RW with Juneau yesterday but c'mon. You don't play a guy like Kovalev with your worst offensively gifted center and expect him to produce.

We could also switch Kovalev and Ryder when we're trailing and hope for the big line to come up with the big goal. The Zednik-Koivu-Ryder line was incredible before the "lance et compte" girl gave birth. Damn her ! ;)

Duster 04-01-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
I think the lineup for the last 2 games, which would also be my lineup for the playoffs, should be:

LW - C - RW

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Ribeiro - Ryder
Begin - Dowd - Ward
Sundstrom - Juneau - Dackell

2 strong scoring lines, one heck of a checking line that was dynamite when matched together and one other softer but more experienced defensive line that would see considerably less ice time 5 on 5 than the other 3 but would still be very valuable during the PK.

I have thought about those lines since we got Kovalev and have seen nothing to make me change my mind (quite the contrary).

Your lineup is the most practical IMO. For some reason though, Julien seems to be reluctant to put Kovalev on Koivu's right.

jcpenny 04-01-2004 12:49 PM

I think its about time that CJ decide to live or die with Kovalev. I dont care what kind of chemistry (or lack there of) Perrault had with Koivu or that superb chemistry that Ribs and Dagenais had in the the Juniors, they need to be out of the line up. With both out we would have our strongest line up of the season with no liabilities. Put Kovalev with Koivu and Zednik and die with it. At least nobody will blame him for that. We got him to help us, so put him there and dont change anything.

Kovalev-koivu-zed
Bulis-Ribs-Ryder ( i like this one)
Sundstrom-Dowd-Ward
Bégin-Juneau-Dackell/Langdon

out and stayin OUT: Dagenais and Perreault

MattyP626 04-01-2004 02:39 PM

How about these for our top 2 lines:

Ryder-Koivu-Zednik
Bulis-Ribiero-Kovalev

I remember Ryder, Zed and Saku being awesome in the OT loss, to vancouver, a while back. Kovy with Ribiero might be good because both Bulis and Mikey can pass. Plus Bulis adds some much needed defence.

EaGLE1 04-01-2004 05:26 PM

I don't know why Kovalev couldn't produce with Mike Ribeiro.
Everyone who played with him had success this year...

Lets stick with...

Perreault-Koivu-Zednik ( last chance for Yannick )
Ryder-Ribeiro-Kovalev (RW=Kovy)
Bulis-Begin-Sundstrom
Langdon-Dowd-Ward


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.