HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: Anschutz News (Bumped Thread - AEG Selling German Team: Hamburg Freezers) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=668046)

Ziggy Stardust 07-29-2009 12:03 PM

Anschutz News (Bumped Thread - AEG Selling German Team: Hamburg Freezers)

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangele...l?ana=from_rss

Anschutz collects $20.9M in court battle.

Buddy The Elf 07-29-2009 12:12 PM

Oh well that explains where he got the money to pay Kopitar that contract.

Telos 07-29-2009 02:04 PM

It was a terrible movie any way they slice it. AEG should just let it go and let the author pout elsewhere. The money is frivolous to AEG and it is not like the author has the means to pay and will just take this to endless long drawn-out appeals.

kingsholygrail 07-29-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 20597242)
It was a terrible movie any way they slice it. AEG should just let it go and let the author pout elsewhere. The money is frivolous to AEG and it is not like the author has the means to pay and will just take this to endless long drawn-out appeals.

Quote:

...has collected the final payment of a total judgment of $20.9 million it won in a legal dispute with best-selling author Clive Cussler — but Cussler hopes to get the money back through an appeal, his attorney says.
AEG already collected the money. Cussler is hoping to get it back through an appeal.

Telos 07-29-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 20597441)
AEG already collected the money. Cussler is hoping to get it back through an appeal.

I guess that is what happens when I speed read something I have no interest in :P Still, the counter-suit was frivolous -- while it certainly has some grounds and you can easily see why it won in court (most individuals involved with films sign agreements that they either can't talk about the movie entirely or cannot talk bad about the money within certain time frames before and after) -- in the end, the movie was horrendous -- nothing could have saved it from flopping other than a re-write (and a re-cast if I don't say so myself).

kingsholygrail 07-29-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 20597514)
I guess that is what happens when I speed read something I have no interest in :P Still, the counter-suit was frivolous -- while it certainly has some grounds and you can easily see why it won in court (most individuals involved with films sign agreements that they either can't talk about the movie entirely or cannot talk bad about the money within certain time frames before and after) -- in the end, the movie was horrendous -- nothing could have saved it from flopping other than a re-write (and a re-cast if I don't say so myself).

I was amazed to see how much Cussler actually has in cash though. That's a lot of zeroes to put on a check.

dafranchz 07-29-2009 04:39 PM

Well....that's tough luck. That's what you get when you get Michael Eisner's idiot of a son involved with it. I'd sue to get my money back too.

Rjinswand 03-19-2011 01:16 PM

Old thread, not directly LA Kings related but whatever:

AEG looking to sell Hamburg Freezers.
(Hamburger Morgenpost, German)

The Tikkanen 03-19-2011 01:30 PM

Sahara was a really bad movie. AEG should take that money and give it back to the people who were dumb enough to buy a movie ticket to it-they would still have plenty left over.

Telos 03-19-2011 01:32 PM

Roflmao. I actually read the whole Sahara article, forgetting how old it was, and was about to come back and post nearly the same thing that I did years ago :P Mainly that it was a terrible endeavor in the first place and that everyone should forget it.

Anyhoo, as long as he isn't selling anything in LA, then I don't really have much interest. Sounds like a typical business move, is there anything affecting the bigger picture we should note?

I have to admit, I am tired and sped read the post and thought it said "AEG looking to sell Hamburger Freezers." :laugh:

The Tikkanen 03-19-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 31769036)
Roflmao. I actually read the whole Sahara article, forgetting how old it was, and was about to come back and post nearly the same thing that I did years ago :P Mainly that it was a terrible endeavor in the first place and that everyone should forget it.

Anyhoo, as long as he isn't selling anything in LA, then I don't really have much interest. Sounds like a typical business move, is there anything affecting the bigger picture we should note?

That's more money to sign Brad Richards on July 1st?

Rjinswand 03-19-2011 01:52 PM

It is said that Anschutz had to put money into the club each season.
The average attendance has dropped each year.
In Germany, AEG will still own Berlin Eisbären and both clubs arenas.

Kurrilino 03-19-2011 01:56 PM

Well... how surprising.
Own 2 teams in a league isn't a great idea.
Especially when they lift the Polar Bears to a Monster who wins every season.
Nobody cares about the DEL anymore because it's boring.

20 poor clubs with arenas having 8.000 seasts at best versus 1 team owned by a billionair and a 20.000 seats arena without salary cap and drafting system isn't a fair match.