HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   2009-10 Avatar Theme: iPred (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=668241)

worstfaceoffmanever 07-29-2009 09:33 PM

2009-10 Avatar Theme: iPred

Take one, they're posted throughout.

Enoch 07-30-2009 08:04 AM

I like both ideas. I have no skills with photoshop, so we are going to need someone to crank out an avy for us all.....

Any other ideas?

Paranoid Android 07-30-2009 10:21 AM

what about some kind of twitter theme?

barrytrotzsneck 07-30-2009 10:30 AM

The Nashville Predators: waiting for a talent stimulus package

Enoch 07-30-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 20607202)
The Nashville Predators: waiting for a talent stimulus package

David Poile - Deciding to be undecided

hipcheck85 07-31-2009 01:05 PM

Predators Hockey--Dare To Be Stagnant

Nashville Predators- Status Quo and Pray for Mo

cjerina 07-31-2009 01:40 PM

Nashville Predators: We couldn't afford Avatars AND Radek Bonk (or insert similar 2009 UFA we didn't get)

Enoch 07-31-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipcheck85 (Post 20620950)

:handclap::handclap::cry::cry::help::shakehead

Jovavic 07-31-2009 05:31 PM

I think you guys should hit up the "underdog" vibe I'm getting from the hockey world about your club. You might not score alot of goals but with Rinne and that defense you might not have to.

worstfaceoffmanever 07-31-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hipcheck85 (Post 20620950)

I ran with this one in a slightly different direction, instead taking inspiration from 80s English rock band Status Quo, using song titles as nicknames. Now that I have mastered the gif image, I've come up with a couple of samples (please don't use these just yet):

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...08/Legwand.gif http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s..._08/Wilson.gif

Admittedly, I'm not much for Photoshop, and I wanted to make these as simple as possible. Unfortunately, this is also the largest I could make them without going over the HF size limits (at least with the tools and knowledge I have at my disposal).

If anyone wants to tinker with these, by all means, go ahead.

Joe T Choker 07-31-2009 09:06 PM

Something with a Kids don't stand a chance vibe

Paranoid Android 08-01-2009 03:51 AM

I like how no one can come up with a positive idea :laugh:

braindead 08-01-2009 11:06 AM

Yeah, something a little more optimistic to start the season would be nice. The negatives are easy (and funny) but I'd vote for a more hopeful (or angry defiant)avatar. More Sex Pistols than Status Quo. Nevermind the Bollocks...Here Come the Predators.

RollingPredFan 08-01-2009 12:50 PM

Well I was going to suggest:

Nashville Predators: We put the cheap in cheapskaters!:laugh:

But that's not positive:p:

worstfaceoffmanever 08-11-2009 07:51 PM

New theme demo:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s..._08/iJason.gif

Paranoid Android 08-11-2009 10:24 PM

this could have some potential, good idea

worstfaceoffmanever 08-11-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predanerd (Post 20739642)
this could have some potential, good idea

I've actually got all of the players matched up with songs, but it's really tough to find iPod-friendly pictures.

What I have so far:

Legwand - I Like The Way You Move (Outkast)
Erat - Round and Round (Ratt)
Wilson - Like A Virgin (Madonna)
Sullivan - Hopelessly Devoted (Olivia Newton-John)
Weber - King of Pain (The Police)
Jones - Patience (Guns N' Roses)
Hamhuis - Should I Stay Or Should I Go? (The Clash)
Smithson - Shake Your Bon-Bon (Ricky Martin)
O'Reilly - Baba O'Riley (The Who)
Klein - Under Pressure (David Bowie/Queen)
Tootoo - Chattanooga Choo-Choo (Glenn Miller Orchestra) OR Boom Boom Pow (Black-Eyed Peas)
Belak - Why Can't We Be Friends? (War)
Dumont - King of the Road (Roger Miller)
Ward - Harlem Shuffle (Rolling Stones)
Blum - Californication (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Suter - You Really Got Me (The Kinks)
Sulzer - 99 Luftballoons (Nena)
Guite - Stranglehold (Ted Nugent)
Ellis - Communication Breakdown (Led Zeppelin)
Rinne - Help! (Beatles)
Poile - Honesty (Billy Joel)
Trotz - You Drive Me Crazy (Britney Spears)

I tried to go for a pretty broad range of music, rather than just my own personal tastes.

worstfaceoffmanever 08-12-2009 12:54 AM

Another, slightly smaller demo:

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...dec-80a362.gif

Enoch 08-12-2009 07:47 AM

Erat, Hamhuis, Weber, Trotz, Belak are all especially clever!

BigFatCat999 08-12-2009 08:08 AM

I think you could switch the songs for Tootoo and Belak but other than that not bad at all.

cjerina 08-12-2009 08:22 AM

I like it... I can probably provide some useful Ads pics to work with for the silhouettes.

golfmade 08-12-2009 10:09 PM

Not bad, especially the song selections, but personally won't sport one as I hate apple.

The Nemesis 08-14-2009 08:52 PM

Hey guys.

As "the avatar guy" on the Sharks board, might I be allowed to offer an unsolicited opinion?

1) I love the iPod idea. very clever. Even if it doesn't necessarily have a specific link to the team (for example, this year's Shark avatars are built on avenging last year's playoff failure as well as being a takeoff on the movie poster for Jaws: The Revenge) it's creative and capable of sustaining the theme across the whole team.

2) I would think the Preds logo should be a bit bigger or positioned a little more prominently. the first time I saw these I didn't even notice it tucked up in the corner.

3) the backgrounds, would they work with Preds colors? Would be easier to ID them to the team at a glance if the backgrounds were navy, yellow, and silver/grey (I know a trick to make a sort of textured silver in photoshop that would differentiate it from straight grey) moreso than if they're florescent green/red/yellow/etc. It would also let you give out unique avatars of the same player to different posters by having different colors (ie 1 person gets the yellow backed Weber, 1 gets the navy backed one, and 1 gets the silver backed one). My one concern here would be seeing the black player silhouettes over the navy, but you could always lighten the navy up just a touch or turn the black into more of a charcoal grey. That might take some figuring out.

Anyway those are just my thoughts as an outside. Hope they help. It's always great seeing each team on the boards having some sweet new avatars each season and playoffs. Keep up the good work.

BigFatCat999 08-15-2009 09:21 PM

You could see Blue as the background and a yellow sillioette (Sp?) and a white outline of the Pred Logo in the background.

Enoch 08-16-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 20773401)
Hey guys.

As "the avatar guy" on the Sharks board, might I be allowed to offer an unsolicited opinion?

1) I love the iPod idea. very clever. Even if it doesn't necessarily have a specific link to the team (for example, this year's Shark avatars are built on avenging last year's playoff failure as well as being a takeoff on the movie poster for Jaws: The Revenge) it's creative and capable of sustaining the theme across the whole team.

2) I would think the Preds logo should be a bit bigger or positioned a little more prominently. the first time I saw these I didn't even notice it tucked up in the corner.

3) the backgrounds, would they work with Preds colors? Would be easier to ID them to the team at a glance if the backgrounds were navy, yellow, and silver/grey (I know a trick to make a sort of textured silver in photoshop that would differentiate it from straight grey) moreso than if they're florescent green/red/yellow/etc. It would also let you give out unique avatars of the same player to different posters by having different colors (ie 1 person gets the yellow backed Weber, 1 gets the navy backed one, and 1 gets the silver backed one). My one concern here would be seeing the black player silhouettes over the navy, but you could always lighten the navy up just a touch or turn the black into more of a charcoal grey. That might take some figuring out.

Anyway those are just my thoughts as an outside. Hope they help. It's always great seeing each team on the boards having some sweet new avatars each season and playoffs. Keep up the good work.

I like these ideas! Get it done people! :rant: :nod: