HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Dunno if you Yotes fans saw this... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=668478)

jax00 07-30-2009 07:32 PM

Dunno if you Yotes fans saw this...
 
But it seems as if the Ducks will be using the San Antonio Rampage for many of their AHL prospects as they currently have no AHL team.

Quote:

General manager Bob Murray said the San Antonio Rampage will be the main American Hockey League team that the Ducks will use this season in addition to a couple of other AHL teams in the Midwest.

http://ducks.freedomblogging.com/200...91/#more-16791

rt 07-30-2009 07:41 PM

Damn, San Antonio is going to be STACKED! Coyotes will have top guys like Kyle Turris, Brett MacLean, Kevin Porter, Chad Kolarik, Nick Ross, Jonas Ahnelov, Jared Staal, returning top scorer David Spina, and possibly Dan Winnik, ect., ect. The Ducks could possibly add a guy like Mark Mitera, perhaps Brendan Mikkelson, too, and maybe even Luca Sbisa when he turns twenty. I'm not sure if Petri Kontiola is staying in North America, or not, but he's a pretty darn good AHLer, too. Obviously I'm not expert of Ducks prospects, but it seems like this could be a big help to the Rampage.

bobbop 07-30-2009 07:41 PM

Cost cutting move. San Antonio is costing the Yotes a fortune. Having some Anaheim players will reduce costs. Helps on one hand but these situations generally don't work well for either parent club.

Dolemite 07-30-2009 08:00 PM

Hmmm. This has the worst case potential to be the Atlanta Thrashers AHL scenario.

Naych_PHX 07-30-2009 08:43 PM

Where was this 2-3 years ago? Now that we actually have good amount of AHL prospects, we have to share our affiliate? The blue line looks crowded just with Coyotes prospects.
Sullivan
Schlemko
Ahnelov
Jones
Zimmerman
Heshka
Ross
May

Jesus christ...

rt 07-30-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naych_PHX (Post 20614161)
Where was this 2-3 years ago? Now that we actually have good amount of AHL prospects, we have to share our affiliate? The blue line looks crowded just with Coyotes prospects.
Sullivan
Schlemko
Ahnelov
Jones
Zimmerman
Heshka
Ross
May

Jesus christ...

Yeah but only two or three of those guys have NHL upside, so I really don't give a crap about the rest.

yakko 07-31-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 20614797)
Yeah but only two or three of those guys have NHL upside, so I really don't give a crap about the rest.

Which ones?

RR 07-31-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakko (Post 20617326)
Which ones?

I'll guess Ahnelov, Ross and Jones (in that order).

Naych_PHX 07-31-2009 03:59 AM

I would say Schlemko and Sullivan over Jones.

rt 07-31-2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakko (Post 20617326)
Which ones?

Ahnelov, Ross, and maybe Schlemko. Remember, I wrote "upside". Schlemko didn't look too bad, overall, during his time in Phoenix. Probably tops out at a seventh D, if he's lucky. Ahnelov probably has bottom pairing upside. Ross, who the hell knows? Maybe something, maybe nothing. Regardless, I'm not too worried about having to stick the rest of those guys somewhere else. Sucks for them, I guess, but jobs are hard to come by everywhere, not just pro hockey.

HockeyAndTheSox 07-31-2009 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 20617483)
Ahnelov, Ross, and maybe Schlemko. Remember, I wrote "upside". Schlemko didn't look too bad, overall, during his time in Phoenix. Probably tops out at a seventh D, if he's lucky. Ahnelov probably has bottom pairing upside. Ross, who the hell knows? Maybe something, maybe nothing. Regardless, I'm not too worried about having to stick the rest of those guys somewhere else. Sucks for them, I guess, but jobs are hard to come by everywhere, not just pro hockey.

I'd add Sullivan, if he continues to develop by getting consistent playing time in San Antonio.

Top D Prospects in SA:

Ahnelov
Ross
Schlemko
Sullivan

white_tiger 07-31-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 20617483)
Ahnelov, Ross, and maybe Schlemko. Remember, I wrote "upside". Schlemko didn't look too bad, overall, during his time in Phoenix. Probably tops out at a seventh D, if he's lucky. Ahnelov probably has bottom pairing upside. Ross, who the hell knows? Maybe something, maybe nothing. Regardless, I'm not too worried about having to stick the rest of those guys somewhere else. Sucks for them, I guess, but jobs are hard to come by everywhere, not just pro hockey.

Well if they are still signed the SunDOgs are likely to make out in this one..

FutureGM97 07-31-2009 08:21 PM

I like this idea. I hope it can create some kind of winning atmosphere in the minors and help give some of the younger prospects of the Yotes a taste of what winning is like. When they get that, they will want to replicate it in the NHL with Phoenix. Heres to hoping!

white_tiger 07-31-2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureGM97 (Post 20625335)
I like this idea. I hope it can create some kind of winning atmosphere in the minors and help give some of the younger prospects of the Yotes a taste of what winning is like. When they get that, they will want to replicate it in the NHL with Phoenix. Heres to hoping!

Plus imagine the rivalry with the DUcks when all the kids that play down there together start playing up in the NHL vs each other.. It could give us a true Rival

Dan 08-10-2009 11:49 PM

Las Vegas Wranglers
In related news, Coyotes affiliate with ECHL Las Vegas.

XX 08-11-2009 12:13 AM

Is there an appreciable drop off of skill between the ECHL and the CHL? Do we really lose anything by sending guys to the Sundogs?

TeamTippett 08-11-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX (Post 20728549)
Is there an appreciable drop off of skill between the ECHL and the CHL? Do we really lose anything by sending guys to the Sundogs?

IDK, I always thought the CHL was below the ECHL, but someone on here corrected me when we signed up with Prescott, IDK are we abandoning the Sundogs? Maybe since we are sharing SA, we need new places to stash kids?

XX 08-11-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamTurris (Post 20728852)
IDK, I always thought the CHL was below the ECHL, but someone on here corrected me when we signed up with Prescott, IDK are we abandoning the Sundogs? Maybe since we are sharing SA, we need new places to stash kids?

I'm thinking Vegas is going to be overflow for the Rampage, not for our prospects but for roster players/tryouts/whatever that the Rampage want to keep within the organization but can't find playing time for. Pretty sweet deal for those that don't make the AHL cut, but I'd like to think it hurts more to fail than to get to live in Vegas.

Sundogs are a great organization, awesome arena, rabid fans etc... I think its a nice pasture to put players out on that we draft who don't make it. See Tyler Redenbach.

rt 08-11-2009 01:21 AM

It may not be Vegas, but Prescott doesn't suck. Not that you were saying otherwise, I just think it's a pretty badass town. I've had some pretty good times on Whiskey Row. At least I think I had a good time. :laugh:

XX 08-11-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 20729098)
It may not be Vegas, but Prescott doesn't suck. Not that you were saying otherwise, I just think it's a pretty badass town. I've had some pretty good times on Whiskey Row. At least I think I had a good time. :laugh:

Prescott used to be the capital of what was then the AZ territory. I, for the life of me, can't imagine why people thought it was a good idea to move the capital south into a dry, barren wasteland.

k1llua 08-11-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX (Post 20729387)
Prescott used to be the capital of what was then the AZ territory. I, for the life of me, can't imagine why people thought it was a good idea to move the capital south into a dry, barren wasteland.

Space? Prescott is fairly limited as to how much it can grow as a city.

XX 08-11-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k1llua (Post 20729421)
Space? Prescott is fairly limited as to how much it can grow as a city.

Tell that to just about every Asian city out there. Though I agree, in part. We just have so much damn land here in America why not use it? I just wish urban sprawl wasn't so bad. That, and the complete and utter destruction of normal city planning. Anything outside old Phoenix is all trails, terraces, courts and drives. That is to say; complete and utter nonsense from a surveying standpoint. Why lay everything out nice and neat when you can have curvy, sexy, wasteful subdivisions? It's not like it's going to spread the city out or ruin home values in the 'burbs... err...

yakko 08-11-2009 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX (Post 20729387)
Prescott used to be the capital of what was then the AZ territory. I, for the life of me, can't imagine why people thought it was a good idea to move the capital south into a dry, barren wasteland.

I don't know, but it makes me happy things worked out that way. I enjoy going to Prescott, Prescott Valley, Flagstaff, Tucson and even Cottonwood among other, smaller Arizona towns. I rarely enjoy spending time in the greater Phoenix area. It is like a little island of southern California in the Arizona desert. I am glad Phoenix people tend to stay in Phoenix.

zyllyx 08-11-2009 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX (Post 20728549)
Is there an appreciable drop off of skill between the ECHL and the CHL? Do we really lose anything by sending guys to the Sundogs?

I think there's actually a limit to how many prospects we can send to the Sundogs. Some sort of roster limit rules or something. Having San Antonio, Vegas, and the Sundogs available helps us spread our prospects around better and get them more ice time.

Mayo Taco Monday 08-11-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XavierX (Post 20729387)
Prescott used to be the capital of what was then the AZ territory. I, for the life of me, can't imagine why people thought it was a good idea to move the capital south into a dry, barren wasteland.

It was more about accessibility then space. At the time Prescott had no direct stage route and the railroad going into town was exceedingly dangerous (very steep and had monthly runaway trains). Plus the major population centers were all in the south. Third reason was economics. Prescott was primarily a mining town and had mining supported the town nearly completely, so if the mines went bust there was a good chance that prescott could turn into a ghost town. Phoenix on the other hand had a Agricultural economy and a very successful one at that. (Salt River Valley is/was considered the best farming land in the country behind the san Joaquin Valley of California). So there you go, more information than you ever wanted to know about Prescott and Phoenix.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.