HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Looking for gloves with big mobility (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669340)

koh19 08-03-2009 10:44 AM

Looking for gloves with big mobility

I'm looking for a pair of gloves that have big mobility. I'm pretty good stickhandler but I feel I could be even better with more adapted gloves. My shots could also be better.
I have a pair now (rbk) that does give that big range of mobility that I'm looking for.

All these fancy new protection pieces for the thumb and wrists prevent this IMO.

what do you guys suggest?

jacklours 08-03-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koh19 (Post 20646791)
I'm looking for a pair of gloves that have big mobility. I'm pretty good stickhandler but I feel I could be even better with more adapted gloves. My shots could also be better.
I have a pair now (rbk) that does give that big range of mobility that I'm looking for.

All these fancy new protection pieces for the thumb and wrists prevent this IMO.

what do you guys suggest?

If your league isn't too crazy with a lot of slashes to the hand and wrists then get some Lacrosse gloves.

The shooting feels a little different, but stickhandling feels amazing.

koh19 08-03-2009 11:33 AM

I've never thought of getting lacrosse gloves but I think I'm gonna stay with hockey gloves. Especially if the shots feel different.

noobman 08-03-2009 05:03 PM

I find that the cheaper hockey gloves are usually bigger and free fitting.

The $200 gloves I've seen in the past are very tight-fitting gloves that seem to anchor your hands in place. There's a guy I used to play with that intentionally cut out pieces from the palm of his flashy glove to "get a better feel of the stick".

Saved 08-03-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobman (Post 20650942)

The $200 gloves I've seen in the past are very tight-fitting gloves that seem to anchor your hands in place. There's a guy I used to play with that intentionally cut out pieces from the palm of his flashy glove to "get a better feel of the stick".

Yeah, that's stupid. If a ref sees that, he's liable to be kicked out of the game. It's against pretty much any league's rule book.

BadHammy* 08-04-2009 01:17 AM

Eagles are really good. X70 and X72.

Backstrom #19 08-04-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobman (Post 20650942)

I agree...I used the Nike Bauer Vapor XII...Lots of mobility and only 40$.

stick9 08-04-2009 08:09 AM

You're looking for better mobility, not necessarily a looser fitting glove, correct.

I found my Eagles to restrict my movement even though they were a loose fit. Reason being, the gloves fit so loose they actually got in my way. I went to a Supreme and got better mobility. It's tighter on the hands than say an Eagle but the cut and cuff offers greater mobility.

Jarick 08-04-2009 10:14 AM

I'm using Bauer One75's right now. They fit tight and the fingers move really easily. They opened up after a couple weeks and feel great now. The cuff splits wide open so there's no restriction of the wrists whatsoever. And they have good protection and excellent airflow.

oileral 08-04-2009 10:27 AM

I have Vapor XXX's and they feel great, the wrists don't feel restricted. Might want to give those a try.

CuteHockeyBunny 08-04-2009 01:21 PM

I swear by my Bauer Supreme One50/70/90.

Most people that try them are like wow, it's like wearing nothing at all! (Cue Flanders' ass)

However, they are not as protective. But they're the most mobile gloves I've ever tried on.

R0CKET 08-05-2009 11:07 PM

I got a pair of the Warrior Super Mac Daddy gloves, they are the most flexible glove I've ever had. Sometimes I'm worried that they are too flimsy?

So far, they've bee great for me.

germanative 08-06-2009 09:36 AM

Bauer One90=Best choice!

Shark Staal 08-06-2009 09:41 PM

One90's are ugly though. You'll get better feel from XXX's or 4-rolls.

qwertysac 08-11-2009 04:56 PM

XXX's for sure.

im actually looking to buy 2 or 3 extra pairs, that how much i like them. Anybody know a place that sells them cheap?

Tojo 08-11-2009 05:24 PM

I second the Warrior Super mac daddy's. The most comfortable glove I have ever used.

CanadaBacon 08-25-2009 02:13 AM

The only thing you can do is go to a shop and try a whole bunch on. Grab a stick even.