HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Confirmed Signing with Link: Isles sign Blake Comeau (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669449)

Darth Milbury 08-03-2009 05:34 PM

Isles sign Blake Comeau

Two year deal.

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?ar...e&service=page

Details forthcoming.

Canuckle 08-03-2009 05:39 PM

Dang...You beat me to it by 2min. Alright I'll delete my thread.

Darth Milbury 08-03-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuckle (Post 20651312)
Dang...You beat me to it by 2min. Alright I'll delete my thread.

Its nice of you to 1) Delete your earlier thread to prevent confusion, and 2) Take the time to post something that is most relevant to Islander fans. :handclap:

Anyway, one interesting implication is that (I think) Comeau's signing might have taken the last available roster spot on the Isles roster. So, if my math is correct, the only additions to the roster must also delete roster players.

BennyBST 08-03-2009 05:48 PM

2 yrs, 750,000 per season???....just a guess

C'mon Garth please sign Matt Martin!! Do that and you've made most Islander fans happy!

IslesRock4 08-03-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 20651348)
Anyway, one interesting implication is that (I think) Comeau's signing might have taken the last available roster spot on the Isles roster. So, if my math is correct, the only additions to the roster must also delete roster players.

That is correct, although we may have another spot depending on what happens with DiPietro.

Darth Milbury 08-03-2009 06:40 PM

I don't think that is true. Dipietro's siuation will have no implications for the # of forward spots available.

BJo 08-03-2009 07:04 PM

I like Comeau. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year. I think its a big year for him. Let's see if he can chip in with 40-45 points. People overlook Comeau because he's not one of the Isles blue chip prospects. He's not going to put up Okposo, Tavares, or Bailey (hopefully) type numbers, but guys like Comeau and Bergenheim are players you need to fill out your 3rd line with. They both can be extremely valuable guys who add a much needed physical element

Mike Farkas 08-03-2009 07:22 PM

As someone who is a fan of an Isles division rival and not a huge fan of a lot of their players (not to say their bad, just not a fan of some of them), I've always liked Blake Comeau...underrated feature about him (I feel) are his hands in open ice...he kind of reminds me of Ryan Malone in that sense, you think you know his game, plays it pretty simple, isn't afraid to get dirty, and then all of a sudden, wa-boosh...you get walked out of your undies...

Pretty big fan of Comeau, all the best to him this year.

Crimson Devil* 08-03-2009 07:29 PM

Good to see him signed. Can't say any more until figures are released.

Seph 08-03-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

We have 12 forwards on 1way contracts, plus Tavares who will likely be playing in the NHL. So it looks like Sim, Tambellini, Jackman and Thompson will battle it out in camp to round the roster and one will end up in the AHL (Sim, most likely).

cjdv16 08-03-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seph (Post 20653157)
We have 12 forwards on 1way contracts, plus Tavares who will likely be playing in the NHL. So it looks like Sim, Tambellini, Jackman and Thompson will battle it out in camp to round the roster and one will end up in the AHL (Sim, most likely).

Thompson is the only one with a 2 way deal. Isles WANT Sim claimed by another team.

Sim will be the odd man out again IMHO.

Seph 08-03-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjdv16 (Post 20653245)
Thompson is the only one with a 2 way deal. Isles WANT Sim claimed by another team.

Sim will be the odd man out again IMHO.

Oops, thought his new deal was 1way. But yes, I suspect that it will be Sim that gets sent down for that very reason.

Nunymare 08-03-2009 09:19 PM

Nice to see him signed.

Let's see what he can do.

VHC 08-03-2009 09:26 PM

Glad we got him back under contract.

He's a good all around guy, plays a nice complementary role and I see a solid NHL career for him. I hope he fulfills it.

Schenn 08-03-2009 10:00 PM

Comeau is a decent player, i like him, wish him the best :)

periferal 08-03-2009 10:02 PM

Quote:

Its nice of you to 1) Delete your earlier thread to prevent confusion, and 2) Take the time to post something that is most relevant to Islander fans. :handclap:

...And unfortunately Jeff Tambellini is taking up one of those spots.

:facepalm:

boredmale 08-03-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJo (Post 20652203)
I like Comeau. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year. I think its a big year for him. Let's see if he can chip in with 40-45 points. People overlook Comeau because he's not one of the Isles blue chip prospects. He's not going to put up Okposo, Tavares, or Bailey (hopefully) type numbers, but guys like Comeau and Bergenheim are players you need to fill out your 3rd line with. They both can be extremely valuable guys who add a much needed physical element

I see Comeau and Bergenheim more as compliment guys to fill out a top 2 line, then 3rd liners(ie put 2 skilled player and a crasher/banger who can chip in a bit offensively). Somebody sort of in the vien of Langenbrunner

WalterSobchak 08-03-2009 11:33 PM

terms?

Darth Milbury 08-03-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterSobchak (Post 20655002)
terms?

650,000 per for two years on a one-way deal.

Bills09 08-03-2009 11:44 PM

vert good deal if thats the case

Burlington Bomb 26 08-04-2009 12:04 AM

Ugh I hate him. He seemed to always score against us last year.

Hero 08-04-2009 09:02 AM

good guy, nice to hear he has a contract with his club

Darth Milbury 08-04-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by periferal (Post 20653996)
...And unfortunately Jeff Tambellini is taking up one of those spots.

:facepalm:

Yeah, true.

This is the problem with all the deals of the "Cheechoo for a pick" ilk floating on the board. Any moves the Isles make now pretty much must include a roster player because of all the one-way contracts we now have.

desmond 08-04-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury (Post 20660484)
Yeah, true.

This is the problem with all the deals of the "Cheechoo for a pick" ilk floating on the board. Any moves the Isles make now pretty much must include a roster player because of all the one-way contracts we now have.

Sim had a one way deal and was playing in the AHL.

Darth Milbury 08-04-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desmond (Post 20661196)
Sim had a one way deal and was playing in the AHL.

After he cleared waivers. Guys like Comeau are not going to clear waivers. Maybe Jeff Tambellini would, if he stinks up the ice.

I also don't see the Isles wanting to have lots of one-ways on the AHL team.

Maybe the ISles could make a deal where they suck up a contract (i.e, a guy like Cheechoo) and then also insit that the other team take Sim and/or Jt in the bargain.