HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Canes Top Prospects #3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669489)

DaveG 08-03-2009 07:13 PM

Canes Top Prospects #3

and the landslide brought it down

1) C/LW Zach Boychuk - 51.85%
2) LW Drayson Bowman - 59.26%

added Chaput and Samson

clementnorman 08-03-2009 07:33 PM

went with mcbain based on his solid performance in college all 3 years.

imayagainknowanson 08-03-2009 07:37 PM

Sutter but i voted for McBain. Sorry for this.

It's Sutter.

Guerzy 08-03-2009 09:03 PM

Based on how the polls have transpired to date, my vote went to Sutter.

With that said, my preference in terms of rankings stands at:

1. Zach Boychuk
2. Brandon Sutter
3. Drayson Bowman

Scorvo 08-03-2009 11:21 PM

Sutter. A year in Albany will do him wonders.

bleedgreen 08-04-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guerzy (Post 20653372)
Based on how the polls have transpired to date, my vote went to Sutter.

With that said, my preference in terms of rankings stands at:

1. Zach Boychuk
2. Brandon Sutter
3. Drayson Bowman

my top would be

boychuk
mcbain
sutter
bowman

so im voting for mcbain but sutter belongs in this spot for me.

BanginLikeaBiscuit 08-04-2009 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorvo (Post 20654867)
Sutter. A year in Albany will do him wonders.

I agree, Sutter. We haven't seen McBain play in the NHL, but we've seen Sutter. His offensive abilities may not be there yet, but we do know he can play the defensive role of a 2-way center. I hope this year in Albany will help him like it helped Staal. Obviously I don't expect Sutter to be putting up numbers like Staal, but I think he'll benefit from playing first line minutes there with Bowman, Boychuk and whoever else will be in Albany this year.

vwg* 08-04-2009 04:19 AM

Sutter. I believe's a lock for a 3rd line center spot at this point next year but I'm not sure his offense will ever progress unless he gains a lot of experience this year in the AHL. I just feel really confident with Bowman and his ability to become at least a 2nd line guy in the NHL.

GIN ANTONIC 08-04-2009 07:23 AM

Torn between Sutter and McBain. And as much as I love Sutter, I think McBain has the higher upside and possible star potential. I'll go with him. My personal rankings...

1. Bowman
2. Boychuk
3. McBain
4. Sutter
5. Dalpe

faulkingdynamic 08-04-2009 11:19 AM

Did one of these posts have a criteria for "top" prospect. There are at least 4 guys on this list that have ceilings higher than Sutter.....so if potential plays a role in this poll then im not sure how Sutter could be #3. I voted for McBain but i would also include Dalpe, Paradis, and Dumoulin as guys with higher ceilings than Sutter. IMO Sutter at best is a fringe #2 #3 center, still a very good player but more of a John Madden type not a top tier prospect. However, Sutter is closer to NHL ready

Gotta Catch Em Staal 08-04-2009 11:34 AM

I think it's a balance between those two things. Everyone is going to differ on how much value they place on potential vs certainty.

By the way Dave you spelled Chiasson's name wrong.

Obi Wan LaRosie 08-04-2009 03:29 PM

I think Sutter has been overrated up to this point.....not that I dont think he will have an impact. I went with McBain, there has to be at least 1 D prospect in the top 5, and I think he is more important than Sutter at this point.

DaveG 08-04-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaleCooper (Post 20658773)
I think it's a balance between those two things. Everyone is going to differ on how much value they place on potential vs certainty.

By the way Dave you spelled Chiasson's name wrong.

http://images.cafepress.com/image/23643757_125x125.jpg

yeah, I'm good for that. Ammazed I haven't screwed up even more so far.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 08-04-2009 03:51 PM

There is a guy who I have seen at games (thanks to SWEDEN for pointing this out) who has 'CHAISSON' on a black 3rd jersey.

DaveG 08-04-2009 03:54 PM

I do like the close vote on this round. I think I'll let this one go the distance just in case someone drops by that could push the vote one way or the other. I know some people only check our boards a couple times a week in the summer. And besides, I'm going to be in Indy, although I will have my laptop with me.

BanginLikeaBiscuit 08-04-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 20662860)
I do like the close vote on this round. I think I'll let this one go the distance just in case someone drops by that could push the vote one way or the other. I know some people only check our boards a couple times a week in the summer. And besides, I'm going to be in Indy, although I will have my laptop with me.

For what it's worth, I can't vote in the poll as I haven't been a member long enough, but my vote would go to Sutter making it 15 to 13.

Vagrant 08-04-2009 04:51 PM

Plus caniacho voted wrong by accident for McBain, which would be another Sutter vote.