HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Mike Grier to Habs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669646)

Hannibal 08-04-2009 09:57 AM

Mike Grier to Habs?

Grier to the Habs very possible

http://twitter.com/*************

If it's true, and i would like that, we're gonna be load on our bottom six players...!

Mustafa* 08-04-2009 10:00 AM

Absolutly no need for the Lad. Where would you fit him?

Hannibal 08-04-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 20657539)

I don't know, that's why i said that we would be load on our bottom two lines! But, this rumor is strange for that reason...

TheCH* 08-04-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Maybe he would be a better option for the 4th line then Stewart or D'Agostini.

VAN-HAB 08-04-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 20657507)
Grier to the Habs very possible

http://twitter.com/*************

If it's true, and i would like that, we're gonna be load on our bottom six players...!

I like Grier a lot but there is no room for him now.

David_99 08-04-2009 10:05 AM

Maybe we're trading some wingers in the near future. Other then that.... :dunno:

Talent Analyst 08-04-2009 10:06 AM

Moen-Lapierre-Latendresse
Grier-Metropolit-Laraque
Stewart

One Man Rock Band 08-04-2009 10:06 AM

Technically, we do have roster space (not sure about cap space) since Laraque will probably be on LTIR.

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini
Grier - Metropolit - Moen
Chipchura, Stewart

Unless I'm forgetting someone?

Vasculio 08-04-2009 10:08 AM

It makes no sense, unless we move somebody, cause right now, we're stacked, and IMO our youngsters need to play. BUT we'd have one heck of a checking line... imagine Grier - Lapierre - Moen... gritty as hell ! Latendresse would be on the 2nd line...

Unless this twit reads HFBoards.com alot and wants to emulate the E-hole to get some attention, given that alot of posters spoke about him recently...

n0pan 08-04-2009 10:08 AM

Lecavalier. :scared:

neofury* 08-04-2009 10:10 AM

One thing I will say, if we don't sign Stewart he'll definitely be a fit. I wouldn't complain having Grier on our team, I like Stewart too though. Then again, isn't Grier RW and Stewart LW?

TinordiandSubban 08-04-2009 10:11 AM

Great! put him on a line with Yappy Lappy and Travis.

The Yap, Gripe and Moen line. TM:nod:

Would drive the opposition nuts!

Mustafa* 08-04-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natey2k4 (Post 20657603)
Technically, we do have roster space (not sure about cap space) since Laraque will probably be on LTIR.

Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - Laraque
Grier - Metropolit - Moen
Chipchura, Stewart

Unless I'm forgetting someone?

I understand but the organisation doesn't think that, they have a great group of 13 forwards right now, they will have to send any two of Dago, Patch and Sk down to the Dawgs. They are heading to the training camp and they are going to give a shot to the young players to earn a spot, i doubt they would make a transaction for a Mike Grier type of player it would be a lateral move, and maybe a downgrading considering that there is so little spots open for the young players.

Talent Analyst 08-04-2009 10:12 AM

Cammy-Gomez-Gionta
S.Kost-Plek-A.Kost
Latendresse-Lapierre-Grier
Moen-Metropolit-Laraque

Something like that...

Daice 08-04-2009 10:14 AM

a 34 year old grinder, not sure about that one..... I guess he would like a multiple year contract...

Talent Analyst 08-04-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 20657652)
I understand but the organisation doesn't think that, they have a great group of 13 forwards right now, they will have to send any two of Dago, Patch and Sk down to the Dawgs. They are heading to the training camp and they are going to give a shot to the young players to earn a spot, i doubt they would make a transaction for a Mike Grier type of player it would be a lateral move, and maybe a downgrading considering that there is so little spots open for the young players.

Isn't he's a UFA?

hototogisu 08-04-2009 10:14 AM

I don't mind Grier but I just don't see the fit.

Mustafa* 08-04-2009 10:14 AM

I'd put Chipchura in the live-up before trading for Grier.

Freaky Habs Fan 08-04-2009 10:15 AM

We don't really have the space, but we only need to sort things out before the start of the season. If we sign him, we'll move somebody. IMO, D'Agostini might be expendable because if we go with one of Lats and Pax on the top two line, we won't really need D'ags anywhere in the line up. Metropolit, while a good player, could be traded for nothing of can be put on waivers. I like him, but I want Chipchura to have his chance in the NHL.

Mustafa* 08-04-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talent Analyst (Post 20657670)
Isn't he's a UFA?

You are right. Maybe we can give him a shot after training camp if we realy have a hole to fill.

felixd 08-04-2009 10:18 AM

I really like Grier as a hockey player, I think he is a fantastic 3rd line winger and would absolutely welcome him on the team, but it seems we don't have very much room.

Is it likely we see 2 wingers traded for a center? or 2 wingers traded for 1 better winger? All possible I guess...

By the way that twitter has been reliable this summer regarding Free Agency so I wouldn't discredit this.

One Man Rock Band 08-04-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 20657652)

I meant for D'Ago to be on line #3 - I got "L" happy.

I want Patches sent down - and there is room for D'Ago and Sergei.

Kafka 08-04-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

He would fit only if a winger gets traded. And by winger, I mean either S.Kostitsyn or D'Agostini. I see a few putting Latendresse on a third line. I don't expect him to play with Lapierre the whole season. He will see top two lines minutes this year. At this point of his development, it is time to give him more offensive responsabilities, and considering the players we have on the top two lines, he could be helpfull there... specially if he improved again his skating this summer.

Talent Analyst 08-04-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustafa (Post 20657693)
You are right. Maybe we can give him a shot after training camp if we realy have a hole to fill.

I'd prefer a Grier than a D'Ago in this spot. Stewart is good, but I don't think he's ready for a full spot with the Habs. With Laraque health who's questionnable, another player who can play a very solid game with grit in a fourth line would be perfect.

With Laraque:

Grier-Metropolit-Laraque

Without:

Stewart-Metropolit-Grier

IMO, D'Ago will be traded for a pick or in a blockbuster deal. Simply no room for him with the two Kost and MaxPac.

GoodKiwi 08-04-2009 10:23 AM

Mike Grier is all but done. He is not the same player we all saw in Buffalo and his early days in San Jose. I loved him in Buffalo.