HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: Blackhawk Proposal Game (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669673)

salty justice 08-04-2009 11:33 AM

Blackhawk Proposal Game

Threads with horrible proposals (many of them for Chicago players) pop up every day that usually end up turning into fanbase flame fests. Lets see how many decent offers for Chicago players we can come up with in a rapid fire proposal game.

Objective
The game requires that every post contain 1) a short critique of the previous post's proposal and 2) a proposal of your own. I will keep a running tally of good and bad offers made.

Rules
If the post above yours is from a poster representing the same team as yourself you cannot comment on their offer.
If you are a Chicago fan you can only critique and make counter offers to the post above yours. That counter offer can then be critiqued by any poster.
Try to limit replies per proposal. No matter how good or bad a proposal is, move on with a critique and a proposal of your own.

The game begins when the first proposal is made. Who's got one?

Jame 08-04-2009 11:42 AM

i'll play ...

Drew Stafford
for
Dustin Byfuglien, Jack Skille, 2nd

Zim 08-04-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 20658905)
i'll play ...

Drew Stafford
for
Dustin Byfuglien, Jack Skille, 2nd

Get Stafford signed to roughly the same amount as Buff, drop the 2nd or Skille from the deal depending on preference then i'd do it.

Jame 08-04-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zim (Post 20659327)
Get Stafford signed to roughly the same amount as Buff, drop the 2nd or Skille from the deal depending on preference then i'd do it.

You deal with signing Stafford (it won't cost MORE than Buff) and we'll take both Skille and the 2nd ;)

Rugs by Resch 08-04-2009 12:34 PM

Bolland and a 4th

Bergfors, Vasyunov and a 2nd

Zim 08-04-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugs by Resch (Post 20659675)
Bolland and a 4th

Bergfors, Vasyunov and a 2nd

Chicago have nobody capable on replacing Bolland as the 2nd line centre. This trade would make Madden Chicago's 2nd line centre and that is obviously not an option for a team looking to go deep into the playoffs again. Chicago also don't have any prospects that project to be 2nd line centres except for maybe Pirri but he is at least 3 years away.

Rugs by Resch 08-04-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zim (Post 20659896)
Chicago have nobody capable on replacing Bolland as the 2nd line centre. This trade would make Madden Chicago's 2nd line centre and that is obviously not an option for a team looking to go deep into the playoffs again. Chicago also don't any prospects that project to be 2nd line centres except for maybe Pirri but he is at least 3 years away.

haha madden...2nd line center...nevermind, as you were

Analyzer 08-04-2009 01:01 PM

To Montréal:
Cam Barker

To Chicago:
Josh Gorges (1.1m cap hit for the next 2 years, then RFA)

And that's all I got, I'm not sure what else Chicago is looking for. If you want/ need defensive prospects with some experience there's O'bryne. If you're not comfortable with goaltending,t hen Halak in and Niemi in and then a slight addition by the habs, or maybe you want picks to deal at the deadline for that missing piece potentially ?

Gorges is a perfect bottom pairing d who can fill in the top 4 seemlessly, as long as it's not for a long time.

Or make a trade for Hjarlmarsson instead of Barker, but I figured he'd be more likely to be moved.

The Fear Boners 08-04-2009 01:24 PM

What does Chicago need, now and in the future? I'd love to have Sharp in a bolts uni.

Zim 08-04-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobsled Gainey (Post 20660496)
What does Chicago need, now and in the future? I'd love to have Sharp in a bolts uni.

Chicago's only real need at the moment is a cheap, experienced and relatively mobile physical stay at home d-man. In the future they could do with another good d prospect to add to Lalonde and Olsen and centre prospect with 2nd liner potenial. However, having said all that i doubt Sharp is traded for that this year. He could be dealt for relevant prospects next year to clear salary but i'd hope some other guys would go before him.

I'm not sure if i'm violating the rules by commenting on the proposed Habs deal but i personally have no interest in that deal whatsoever.

dannyboy8920 08-04-2009 02:03 PM

Matt Stajan
Jiri Tlusty
Calg. 2nd
for
Patrick Sharp
Kyle Beach

The Fear Boners 08-04-2009 02:05 PM

Tampa could use a winger and they currently have a little logjam in prospects back there. Its expected they'll move one of the guys, and my guess would be it would be someone like Lundin, yet he doesn't fit that mold. He plays a good two way game and is very calm, but not overly physical and seems to be a late grower when it comes to body size. I'd love to flip Mihalik who could work into being a big shutdown guy, but then again i've never seen someone so big shy away from the physical side of the game. Lashoff I want to keep, but we have two holes in the top six, I just dont know how ready I am to deal people to fill those spots when we're not really competing.

Anything of interest that isn't St. Louis/Stamkos/Vinny/Malone/Hedman/Smith?

caliamad 08-04-2009 02:06 PM

Jonas Hiller
Bret Festerling/Brendan Mikkelson/Sheldon Brook bank

for

Barker
Niemi

Zim 08-04-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 20661065)
Matt Stajan
Jiri Tlusty
Calg. 2nd
for
Patrick Sharp
Kyle Beach

I don't think the value is terrible but i don't think it helps Chicago out particularly. Chicago don't need Stajan, they're set at centre with Toews, Bolland and Madden. Tlusty had a really good year in the AHL and he is intruiging but i don't want Chicago to move Beach, he projects to be exactly what Chicago need and have needed for many years now.

New Sabres Captain 08-04-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zim (Post 20659327)

If we signed Stafford, we wouldn't be trading him. Sign-and-trade deals don't happen in the NHL--the only reason they exist in the NBA is because they have weird cap rules about trades.

Analyzer 08-04-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zim (Post 20660910)
Chicago's only real need at the moment is a cheap, experienced and relatively mobile physical stay at home d-man. In the future they could do with another good d prospect to add to Lalonde and Olsen and centre prospect with 2nd liner potenial. However, having said all that i doubt Sharp is traded for that this year. He could be dealt for relevant prospects next year to clear salary but i'd hope some other guys would go before him.

I'm not sure if i'm violating the rules by commenting on the proposed Habs deal but i personally have no interest in that deal whatsoever.

I doubt you are, but a cheap, physical stay at home d ?There's Ryan O'bryne and a prospect with 2nd line potential, Ben Maxwell. He's older than most and would be ready for the NHL soon

As for the first one, it's not Barker for Gorges, I just didn't know what else the team needed/ wanted.

Versteeg, Byfuglien and Sharp are somewhat available for upper part of top 6 forwards ?

To be honest, I'm probably with most, or at least some of the Blackhawk fans where they won't trade anyone until the season is over, or if they get some jaw dropping deal.

Zim 08-04-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug (Post 20661243)
If we signed Stafford, we wouldn't be trading him. Sign-and-trade deals don't happen in the NHL--the only reason they exist in the NBA is because they have weird cap rules about trades.

You're right. I suppose something like what occured in the Havlat deal would have to be worked out where Chicago could sound out Stafford and agree to a contract in principle before any trade would go down.

SLAPSHOT723 08-04-2009 03:18 PM

Radek Martinek for Dustin Byfuglien

Saves $1.5 million in cap space and the Hawks are lacking a defensive defenseman. The Isles also need a 2nd line RW.

Blackhawkswincup 08-04-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot723 (Post 20662264)
Radek Martinek for Dustin Byfuglien

Saves $1.5 million in cap space and the Hawks are lacking a defensive defenseman. The Isles also need a 2nd line RW.

Martinek is not the type of dman who Hawks would want and is injury prone

Makaveli 08-04-2009 04:12 PM

Patrick Sharp for Poni,Dido, and a pick

Clears up cap space now, and gives them an expiring contract.

BillyShoe1721 08-04-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 (Post 20663111)

I think they'd be looking for a little bit more.

Corey Crawford for Michael Ratchuk

Blackhawkswincup 08-04-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 (Post 20663619)
I think they'd be looking for a little bit more.

Corey Crawford for Michael Ratchuk

Nope Crawford is our #2

Counter
Niemi and a 3rd for LW Patrick Maroon

BillyShoe1721 08-04-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 20663929)
Nope Crawford is our #2

Counter
Niemi and a 3rd for LW Patrick Maroon

I'd have to balk, I really like Maroon.

salty justice 08-04-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovechkin187 (Post 20663111)

Sharp shouldn't be on the trading block.

Counter offer
Poni for Byfuglien

DuckEatinShark 08-05-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zim (Post 20660910)

What can the Sharks get for either Brad Lukowich ($1.4 mil)? Is a 2nd or 3rd rounder or a prospect of that caliber out of the question?