HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Bouillon get Jacques Beauchamp Trophy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=66977)

Team_Spirit 04-01-2004 06:14 PM

Bouillon get Jacques Beauchamp Trophy

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3656

Way to go cube :win , well deserved imo .

GO HABS GO !!!

You forgot this right ?! http://www.devsrule.com/2002_10/021018-49.jpg

Ryder get the the molson cup of the past month btw , i think it's the 1st of many Molson Cup for Ryder !

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3655

Team_Spirit 04-01-2004 09:05 PM

No love for the cube ?

Mooch 04-01-2004 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
No love for the cube ?

Hes ok. I like him, but love, Cooommooooon :D

Brisson11 04-01-2004 09:23 PM

he didn't care less when he received it tonight lol :handclap:

Moumni_Bachir 04-01-2004 09:29 PM

What about Begin?

fredez 04-01-2004 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisson11
he didn't care less when he received it tonight lol :handclap:

The way I saw it he cared more than Ryder that was going back to the bench before the picture was taken ;)

And as for Bouillon winning this trophy I'm very happy for him because he really deserve it. We are going to make the playoffs this year and it's because of the intensity of players that had minor roles on our team in the past or were just not on the team like him, Begin, Ward and Langdon (and lately Dowd).

And I think Cube really established his trademark this year with that side-bodycheck on the sideboard which he does almost every game. Congratulations Frank! :clap:

BJCOLLINS 04-01-2004 09:39 PM

It gives you an idea how really sad our D is when a player that could not be Nashvilles 6th D win this award. Good for him but bad for Habs. IMO

Andrei Kastsitsyn* 04-01-2004 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJCOLLINS
It gives you an idea how really sad our D is when a player that could not be Nashvilles 6th D win this award. Good for him but bad for Habs. IMO

Ugh, you're going on my ignore list too, so many ******* cluebies on this site, my gosh =|

fredez 04-01-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

So your saying that a guy like Martin St-Louis that couldn't make the Flames roster and will probably win the Art Ross is good for him but bad for the Bolts ????

BJCOLLINS 04-01-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredez
So your saying that a guy like Martin St-Louis that couldn't make the Flames roster and will probably win the Art Ross is good for him but bad for the Bolts ????

no... I don't recall that award the Cube won(good for him) being the Norris...........M. St-Louis is a player of a different caliber(good for him)

BigFatPapa 04-01-2004 09:57 PM

Quote:

no... I don't recall that award the Cube won(good for him) being the Norris...........M. St-Louis is a player of a different caliber(good for him)

What Fredez means is that St-Louis was put on waivers by the Flames a couple years ago, but he's still an awesome player now
Bouillon probably won't ever become near as good as St-Louis but still, being put on waivers by any team (calgary, Nashville, whatever....) doesn't mean you can't be successful somewhere else

felixd 04-01-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

what can i say but :handclap:

Bouillon is a 7th defenseman at best

BJCOLLINS 04-01-2004 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd

or our best 5th d

Vicious 04-01-2004 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
What about Begin?

I thought Begin would win it as well.. He's the most deserving, imo.

Congrats to the Cube, though.

HF-Addict 04-01-2004 10:23 PM

I like the hits from Bouillon :bow:

Dr.Strangelove91 04-01-2004 11:10 PM

Quote:

or our best 5th d

Outside of Souray, Bouillon has been the best and most regular defensemen of a 90 points + team. I know in the past seasons he couldn't keep his game for two nights in a row but this year it's a different story. The way he played this season he would've crack any roster in the league. :madfire:

EaGLE1 04-02-2004 12:18 AM

I like Bouillon too!!!

This season:
1.Souray
2.Markov
3.Brisebois
4.Rivet
5.Quintal
6.Bouillon
7.Komisarek
8.Dykhuis
9.Hainsey

Next season:
1.Souray
2.Markov
3.Brisebois
4.Komisarek
5.Rivet
6.And a nice fight between Bouillon & Hainsey

Team_Spirit 04-02-2004 01:26 AM

Come on Bouillon improved badly over the season , he pulled Hainsey out of the line-up even if he didn't looked out of place at all . When you play better than a bluechip prospect when ur supposed to be a 7th defensemen i think it's because you had a great year .

This award speak of himself , as the journalist voted for him ( thight battle with Bégin )

felixd 04-02-2004 05:30 AM

Quote:

or our best 5th d

You make an excellent point. Our best 5th d. I think this shows how our defense is pretty weak. I seriously can't think of any other playoff team that he would be in the top 6. Except maybe Toronto.

Stefan_Latulippe 04-02-2004 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixd

What does it say about Hainsey who can't even pass Bouillon.....Keep sleeping on the switch :handclap:

Darz 04-02-2004 06:44 AM

Boullion will never be a Norris Candidate, and does have a couple of weaknesses in his game (but 90-95% of dman in the league have a weakness or two, not that many Chris Pronger's out there), but he really was a nice surprise this year.

I doubt the Boullion bashers have watched many games this year, or they wouldn't be rambling on about how crappy Boullion is. With his play this year, I serious doubt he wouldn't be a top 6 dman on 25-28 teams this year.

Anyways congrats to the CUBE!!!

s7ark 04-02-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan_Latulippe
What does it say about Hainsey who can't even pass Bouillon.....Keep sleeping on the switch :handclap:

I think it says that one is almost 30, and the other is still a rookie. It might also indicate that they are paying more for the Cube than Hainsey right now (and would probably have to pay Hainsey handsomely if he played a certain amount of games at the NHL level). I've been happy with his play... gotta make that clear. I just don't think he shoud be top 4/5. He's not defensively sound enough to make up for someone like Quintal, and not quite offensive enough to be placed in the top two pairs. I'm just glad we're deep enough to have to speculate as to how much impact Hainsey and Komi will make, when they might have gotten a good chance to prove that already on some other teams out there. Draft me a couple of RH d-men (one big and physical and one very offensive type) and I'll be happier than a pig in his own stew.

Stefan_Latulippe 04-02-2004 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark
I think it says that one is almost 30, and the other is still a rookie. It might also indicate that they are paying more for the Cube than Hainsey right now (and would probably have to pay Hainsey handsomely if he played a certain amount of games at the NHL level). I've been happy with his play... gotta make that clear. I just don't think he shoud be top 4/5. He's not defensively sound enough to make up for someone like Quintal, and not quite offensive enough to be placed in the top two pairs. I'm just glad we're deep enough to have to speculate as to how much impact Hainsey and Komi will make, when they might have gotten a good chance to prove that already on some other teams out there. Draft me a couple of RH d-men (one big and physical and one very offensive type) and I'll be happier than a pig in his own stew.

Age is not important here. If Hainsey is soooooooooo good he should be waaaayyyy ahead of Bouillon, Quintal and Rivet.

felixd 04-02-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
With his play this year, I serious doubt he wouldn't be a top 6 dman on 25-28 teams this year.

Anyways congrats to the CUBE!!!

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I don't think he would crack many team's defenses. Just for fun I will post a thread on this in the league forum. If I'm wrong then fine, I'll be quiet about Bouillon.

Blind Gardien 04-02-2004 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
What about Begin?

If you asked me (and of course nobody did), I would have nominated three players for the award:

Steve Begin
Jan Bulis
Francis Bouillon

I figure it's pretty much a toss-up, although I would have probably picked Bulis or Begin myself. Congrats to Bouillon.