HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Jannik Hansen Re-Signed. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669947)

Askel 08-05-2009 08:41 AM

Jannik Hansen Re-Signed.
 
According to cap geek 1year 550k.
http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator.php

Good signing leaves Nucks about 3 million under the cap with 1 d-man left to sign.

NuxFan09 08-05-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askel (Post 20669935)
According to cap geek 1year 550k.
http://www.capgeek.com/cap_calculator.php

Good signing leaves Nucks about 3 million under the cap with 1 d-man left to sign.

Good news. I assume it's a 1 way deal? If it is, him, Hordichuk, and Rypien will be the rotating 13th forwards. Hopefully Vigneault uses Hordichuk more sparingly than Hansen so we can at least have a semi-skilled 4th line.

Hansen-Johnson-Rypien

Askel 08-05-2009 08:57 AM

Its a 2-way according to cap geek, looks like he took his qualifier.

eklunds source 08-05-2009 09:06 AM

Wow, I'm shocked and thrilled. 550k is incredible value for what he brings.

pdefenestrator 08-05-2009 09:14 AM

If Hansen took 550k on a 2 way deal, that's an absolute steal.

eklunds source 08-05-2009 09:20 AM

Not a pay-cut though, because he's actually making ~42k more than he did last season - that's a raise. Kesler will be angry.

:laugh:

Ernie 08-05-2009 09:20 AM

I could see the Canucks living to regret this...

Agent007 08-05-2009 10:46 AM

I was really hoping for a 2 or 3 year deal. If Hansen breaks out this season then it could cost us a lot more in the long run. Hopefully he has a decent year and we can resign him in the 750 to 1.5 million range on a longer term deal after this season.

Either way it's nice to see that he got done and it doesn't really matter IMO if it's a one way deal or two way deal since he likely wouldn't clear waivers.

Now we can finally focus on getting another defencemen or two and hopefully that happens sooner rather then later.

Inker 08-05-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie (Post 20670147)
I could see the Canucks living to regret this...

How on earth could the Canucks regret signing a young player to a near-minimum contract? He's still an RFA after this as well.

cc 08-05-2009 10:48 AM

too bad they couldn't sign him for a longer term. I would have given him a 1 way to lock him in for a longer term.

Rey 08-05-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inker (Post 20670675)
How on earth could the Canucks regret signing a young player to a near-minimum contract? He's still an RFA after this as well.

People forgot about the Matt Cooke situation, already? Maybe even the Bure? the majority of players remember when they low balled as RFA's.


Hansen practically signed a contract that he didn't want because he had to, it won't necessarily be the same case next year.

Inker 08-05-2009 10:56 AM

We have no idea how the negotiations went. If Hansen was that upset about his offers, he could have easily elected salary arbitration. From reading the media reports about the situation, it sounds like he really wanted a 1-way deal, and it looks like he has that.

Rey 08-05-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inker (Post 20670747)
We have no idea how the negotiations went. If Hansen was that upset about his offers, he could have easily elected salary arbitration. From reading the media reports about the situation, it sounds like he really wanted a 1-way deal, and it looks like he has that.


Hansen is not eligible for Arbitration.

The Big Foot 08-05-2009 11:01 AM

Well if he's trade bait that is a pretty good looking contract for a team looking to dump a defenseman on us...

Balls Mahoney 08-05-2009 11:16 AM

:D

Success!

Ernie 08-05-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inker (Post 20670675)
How on earth could the Canucks regret signing a young player to a near-minimum contract? He's still an RFA after this as well.

They might wish they had chosen the longer term contract.

JerkChicken 08-05-2009 11:44 AM

I posted this in the Trades & Rumors thread already - but thought other people may want to see it. Hansen the Policeman...


LostMyGlasses* 08-05-2009 11:46 AM

Very good contract Gillis.

FruityPants3* 08-05-2009 12:11 PM

Great news. Marketable contract if he gets moved, too.

jimmythescot 08-05-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 20670764)
Hansen is not eligible for Arbitration.

He was eligible for other teams to send offer sheets. Maybe that's what he was hoping for.

I'm amazed that he took such a small increase. I can only imagine that it is actually a one way contract and that was the trade off.

galiano 08-05-2009 12:29 PM

Excellent signing. And that video reminded me how much I dislike Matt Cooke.

Zorbane 08-05-2009 12:34 PM

I think Jannik Hansen is a bit overrated on these boards.

Defeatist* 08-05-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 20670693)
People forgot about the Matt Cooke situation, already? Maybe even the Bure? the majority of players remember when they low balled as RFA's.


Hansen practically signed a contract that he didn't want because he had to, it won't necessarily be the same case next year.

Matt Cooke and Pavel Bure had roster spots and had proven that they are NHL players. Jannik Hansen has not been able to hold down a roster spot in 2 years. Until he can prove something, nothing is a low ball. Especially with our uncertainty heading into the season as to whether there will even be room for him in the top 13.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie (Post 20670949)
They might wish they had chosen the longer term contract.

Why on earth would we sign him to a longer term contract? Are you aware of our logjam on bottom 9 forwards?

y2kcanucks 08-05-2009 12:47 PM

This makes Hordichuk expendable, lol. $200k savings right there.

parabola 08-05-2009 12:49 PM

How on earth can anyone complain about this contract?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.