HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Kerry Fraser on Leafs Lunch for the entire hour (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=669995)

dubey 08-05-2009 11:12 AM

Kerry Fraser on Leafs Lunch for the entire hour

Should be interesting. They will be taking calls the whole show. :naughty:

LeafErikson* 08-05-2009 11:16 AM

Brave man.

Cappo40* 08-05-2009 01:24 PM

If he is live in Toronto studios, I wouldn't be surprised if a crazy Leafs fan went to try to hurt him :P

smoke meat pete* 08-05-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubey (Post 20671564)
Should be interesting. They will be taking calls the whole show. :naughty:

The man has singlehandly created more sadness in Canadian Hockey cirles than any other person. He screwed us out of a Habs:Leafs final, and he screwed the Flames out of a Stanley Cup.

I sure hope he apologizes.

Down Goes Brown 08-05-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafErikson (Post 20671611)
Brave man.

Not really. They took calls from Habs fans all hour, then acted surprised that nobody called in to really give it to him (hint: you choose who goes on the air).

LeafErikson* 08-05-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown (Post 20673066)
Not really. They took calls from Habs fans all hour, then acted surprised that nobody called in to really give it to him (hint: you choose who goes on the air).

So essentially he sat there, and got smoke blown up his ass for an hour. Glad I missed it.

Down Goes Brown 08-05-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafErikson (Post 20673091)
So essentially he sat there, and got smoke blown up his ass for an hour. Glad I missed it.

Yeah. Had one, maybe two calls from actual angry fans. The rest was Habs fans, so-called Leafs fans who didn't think the call was a big deal, and giggling over hair jokes. Oh, and some guy's rambling call about Wayne Gretzky's parking spot.

Bottom line: Fraser is sticking to the "I was screened on the play" defence.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1141/fraser.jpg

LeafErikson* 08-05-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown (Post 20673178)
Yeah. Had one, maybe two calls from actual angry fans. The rest was Habs fans, so-called Leafs fans who didn't think the call was a big deal, and giggling over hair jokes. Oh, and some guy's rambling call about Wayne Gretzky's parking spot.

Nice pick DGB!:laugh:

Lets get'm!

IWD 08-05-2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

As a general rule, I've never read blogs, but I started reading yours a few weeks ago. They're very witty, dry, and incredibly funny. Blogs don't last forever, but I can see myself following yours as long as it does.

Keep up the great work.

Down Goes Brown 08-05-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azazel (Post 20673280)
As a general rule, I've never read blogs, but I started reading yours a few weeks ago. They're very witty, dry, and incredibly funny. Blogs don't last forever, but I can see myself following yours as long as it does. Keep up the great work.

Cool, thanks a lot.

teflonsteve 08-05-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown (Post 20674194)
Cool, thanks a lot.

I would have to say that I only follow 2 blogs - Yours and Toronto Mike's. Keep up the good work!

cupcrazyman 08-05-2009 08:12 PM

Kerry is from my hometown & a fan asked him to sign a can of hair spray & he used the "F" word.some guys have no sense of humour.:laugh:

Dr.Funk 08-05-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcrazyman (Post 20677806)
Kerry is from my hometown & a fan asked him to sign a can of hair spray & he used the "F" word.some guys have no sense of humour.:laugh:

A completely useless tool.

Schenn 08-05-2009 08:34 PM

UM.. i may sound like an idiot here but.. Kerry Frasor? (keep in mind im 15, me thinks this is before my time, no?)

Quakmybush 08-05-2009 09:22 PM

seriously? ^ Im 18 and know about this stuff. Read up on your Leafs history man, and hockey knowledge for that matter.

Saul 08-05-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schenn (Post 20678075)
UM.. i may sound like an idiot here but.. Kerry Frasor? (keep in mind im 15, me thinks this is before my time, no?)

Referee that ****ed the leafs over quite badly around the time you were born.

asdf 08-05-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

This was the exact pic I was thinking of as I listened to the show.

For one caller Fraser gave his version of the events. He said after it happened and he saw Gilmour cut on the chin, he went over and asked him what happened. Gilmour told him that Gretzky clipped him on the follow through. Fraser said that's not a penalty and then went over to the linesmen to ask them what they saw. None of them saw anything.

LTL 08-06-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schenn (Post 20678075)

Here watch this for an outstanding recap of 1993 run:

Quote:

The Passion Returns

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Enjoy :D

Down Goes Brown 08-06-2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf (Post 20678860)
For one caller Fraser gave his version of the events.

At another point, he got quite specific, telling Brian Duff that "you'll see that there was an obstructed view off the faceoff, and two big players were in my line of sight."

Of course, you only have to watch the replay to see:
- The play didn't happen "off the faceoff"
- There aren't "two big players" anywhere near where Fraser is looking.

He also made an offhand comment about how Harry Neale needed five or six replays to see the high stick (implying that he wasn't the only one who missed it). But the very first words Neale says after the play are "It was Wayne Gretzky’s stick, Bob, I believe…". Again, you just need to watch the replay once to see that.

By the end of the interview, I kept waiting for Fraser to swear that he said "thanks but no thanks" to the bridge to nowhere.

I know it was a long time ago and Fraser deserves some credit for at least admitting it was a missed call that he regerts, but Leaf fans still don't have a good explanation for how something so obvious was missed.

mydnyte 08-06-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown (Post 20681878)
At another point, he got quite specific, telling Brian Duff that "you'll see that there was an obstructed view off the faceoff, and two big players were in my line of sight."

Of course, you only have to watch the replay to see:
- The play didn't happen "off the faceoff"
- There aren't "two big players" anywhere near where Fraser is looking.

He also made an offhand comment about how Harry Neale needed five or six replays to see the high stick (implying that he wasn't the only one who missed it). But the very first words Neale says after the play are "It was Wayne Gretzky’s stick, Bob, I believe…". Again, you just need to watch the replay once to see that.

By the end of the interview, I kept waiting for Fraser to swear that he said "thanks but no thanks" to the bridge to nowhere.

I know it was a long time ago and Fraser deserves some credit for at least admitting it was a missed call that he regerts, but Leaf fans still don't have a good explanation for how something so obvious was missed.

could have been worse ...i.e. Brett Hull's foot in the crease Stanley Cup winning illegal goal. (talk about a screw job)

Down Goes Brown 08-06-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mydnyte (Post 20682048)
could have been worse ...i.e. Brett Hull's foot in the crease Stanley Cup winning illegal goal. (talk about a screw job)

True. Fraser/Gretzky is far from the only terrible call. The disputed Flames goal in the finals comes to mind too.

But at least in most cases, there's an explantion. It's either judgment-based ("the referee just didn't think it was a penalty") or you get some sort of rules-based explanation. Even the Sabres got a rules interpretation to explain the Hull goal. It was utter BS, but they got something.

With Fraser, we get the "obstructed view" defense that makes perfect sense as long as you never actually, you know, watch the play.

lyrrad 08-06-2009 10:48 AM

If a player is high sicked by the follow through on a shot than it's not a penalty.

Nothing else matters.

EazyB97 08-06-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown (Post 20682685)
True. Fraser/Gretzky is far from the only terrible call. The disputed Flames goal in the finals comes to mind too.

But at least in most cases, there's an explantion. It's either judgment-based ("the referee just didn't think it was a penalty") or you get some sort of rules-based explanation. Even the Sabres got a rules interpretation to explain the Hull goal. It was utter BS, but they got something.

With Fraser, we get the "obstructed view" defense that makes perfect sense as long as you never actually, you know, watch the play.

Which is a similar explanation to the Buffalo one, isn't it? Seems like we got an explanation, it was just a very poor one.

Did the Fraser call in Calgary go upstairs?

I think the guy was a horrible referee, he just never seemed to make the right decisions, but as far as I can tell/remember, we got an explanation on the call.

mydnyte 08-06-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Down Goes Brown (Post 20682685)

Fraser can say he was blocked out by Gilmour as he was slashed in the face, but, the Brett Hull goal was not excusable. this is the best explanation for those who are not familiar with it.

Down Goes Brown 08-06-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrrad (Post 20683043)
If a player is high sicked by the follow through on a shot than it's not a penalty.

Right. And Gretzky's high stick was clearly not on a follow through.

Was there a point here?