HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Looks likes a great place to buy a Schenn Jeresy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=670652)

BlueAzN 08-07-2009 02:27 PM

Looks likes a great place to buy a Schenn Jeresy

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Luke-Schenn-...-Tags-98255085

I was wondering if any of you guys have used this, because I really want to buy this because it looks real and is dirt cheap, this guy has a good seller's rating but any chance you guys may know its a scam or not? Also this was for people who may want some good jeresy's because it seems like this guy has a large collection, going from the NBA, NFL, NHL ect.

mooseOAK* 08-07-2009 02:40 PM

I don't know what makes less sense, 30 dollars for the sweater or 38 dollars for shipping something that weighs less than a pound.

HamiltonLeafs 08-07-2009 02:42 PM

http://ecseller.com/15/productshow_1440.htm

Volcanologist 08-07-2009 02:46 PM

You won't pay 30 dollars for a sweater? Where do you shop, Goodwill?

TJT 08-07-2009 02:47 PM

It looks very fake.

The bottom edges of the maple leaf look weird and the toronto font is off.

I would not touch this :)

Roo 08-07-2009 02:51 PM

did you check the shipping cost? lol

mooseOAK* 08-07-2009 02:54 PM

For the less intuitive I will make it clear that I think that the price is way too low and the shipping cost is way too high.

Brozak 08-07-2009 03:00 PM

Garbage.

AlexMaz 08-07-2009 03:02 PM

It looks dead fake, just take a look at the two N's

Pinto 08-07-2009 03:09 PM

That's definitely a fake.

BlueAzN 08-07-2009 03:09 PM

So it would be better to buy on Nhl.com? I was gonna do that until I saw this.

Bjaxn45 08-07-2009 03:10 PM

You have to be carefull with these scams. I've learned this before when I bought I think about 5 nfl jerseys and they were dirt cheap but they were basically replicas with stiched lettering and the quality wasnt great. However I bought a Roy Halladay baby blue jersey last year from some guy on facebook for about 35 bucks and it is as close to an authentic as it gets.

But back to the topic, looks very fake, font is not even close imo. It all depends on if you care about having a real one or not.

Volcanologist 08-07-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseOAK (Post 20696257)
For the less intuitive I will make it clear that I think that the price is way too low and the shipping cost is way too high.

It was a joke. Develop a sense of humour, it really helps.

paulster2626 08-07-2009 03:47 PM

I have this exact same jersey. It comes from China, and the front logo is the result of a bad run. It's proportions are off, and the lettering isn't 100% spot-on. Also, if you look at the left side of the maple leaf, you'll see it doesn't 'dent in', but instead has a curve to it.

It's a ****** replica that was made due to the demand from people around here wanting Schenn jerseys last season. The factory/dude that gets them made had a bad run on logos and had these jerseys whipped up.

That said, people tell me that I have a great jersey all the time - nobody really notices what's wrong with it, and I don't really care. It's just the front logo that's off, the lettering and the fabric are okay. Since it cost me next to nothing, I'm satisfied with the purchase. Could have returned it to my 'jersey guy' and got my money back, but I decided to keep it.

I can get you this jersey any time you want if you live in the GTA. But, for the same price I could get you one that is a 100% kick-ass replica once the hockey season gets underway and the suppliers kick up their Chinese production.

Bottom line is don't buy this - I have problems with people selling fake stuff without saying it is. "With tags" - gimme a break.

Jeffler 08-07-2009 03:48 PM

These are the typical Chinese RBK fakes. (NOT bad runs - Fakes. This model with different names has been around since mid 07/08)

Watch out for them - they release them in Sundin, McCabe, Blake, Schenn,and Gilmour varieties. All of them have the same terribly fonted Leafs logo, and all have fight straps.

Buy from a site like IceJerseys or Coolhockey if you want one. NHL.com heat presses instead of stiches.

Example of a Blake and a McCabe, proving these have been around for a while.
http://www.ioffer.com/img/item/755/782/86/NHLJ_145.jpg
http://www.hellojersey.org/buy2buygg...2831856679.jpg

There's also a really bad Sundin fake that goes around too, but that ones obvious.

http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/8...dupbehKktA.jpg

mooseOAK* 08-07-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volcanologist (Post 20696614)
It was a joke. Develop a sense of humour, it really helps.

Right. Should have known because of you joking around in your responses to me on a regular basis in the past.

Larcos_Unal 08-07-2009 03:50 PM

No **** that's a fake, look at the Leaf...it's off.

paulster2626 08-07-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reverse Flying V (Post 20696912)
These are the typical Chinese RBK fakes. (NOT bad runs - Fakes. This model with different names has been around since mid 07/08)

Watch out for them - they release them in Sundin, McCabe, Blake, Schenn,and Gilmour varieties. All of them have the same terribly fonted Leafs logo, and all have fight straps.

Buy from a site like IceJerseys or Coolhockey if you want one. NHL.com heat presses instead of stiches.

I have Chicago, Washington, Pittsburgh and Blue Jays Chinese fakes, and it is impossible to tell the difference unless you know of a couple minor details to look at. I have yet to see a decent Maple Leafs fake, though, but I'm told they're coming. The factory that makes them had a bunch of bad logos made up, but they don't care they just use them anyway for some reason.

Just sayin', good-quality Chinese fakes do exist.

Jeffler 08-07-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulster2626 (Post 20696999)
I have Chicago, Washington, Pittsburgh and Blue Jays Chinese fakes, and it is impossible to tell the difference unless you know of a couple minor details to look at. I have yet to see a decent Maple Leafs fake, though, but I'm told they're coming. The factory that makes them had a bunch of bad logos made up, but they don't care they just use them anyway for some reason.

Just sayin', good-quality Chinese fakes do exist.

In terms of appearance, sure - but a lot of the material they use is damaged material from RBK, and its put together rather lazily. I bought a Malkin winter classic jersey a while back, wore it around 3 or 4 times, and its basically ruined. Hockey fakes are miles behind others due to the need for extra material.

BlueAzN 08-07-2009 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulster2626 (Post 20696905)
I have this exact same jersey. It comes from China, and the front logo is the result of a bad run. It's proportions are off, and the lettering isn't 100% spot-on. Also, if you look at the left side of the maple leaf, you'll see it doesn't 'dent in', but instead has a curve to it.

It's a ****** replica that was made due to the demand from people around here wanting Schenn jerseys last season. The factory/dude that gets them made had a bad run on logos and had these jerseys whipped up.

That said, people tell me that I have a great jersey all the time - nobody really notices what's wrong with it, and I don't really care. It's just the front logo that's off, the lettering and the fabric are okay. Since it cost me next to nothing, I'm satisfied with the purchase. Could have returned it to my 'jersey guy' and got my money back, but I decided to keep it.

I can get you this jersey any time you want if you live in the GTA. But, for the same price I could get you one that is a 100% kick-ass replica once the hockey season gets underway and the suppliers kick up their Chinese production.

Bottom line is don't buy this - I have problems with people selling fake stuff without saying it is. "With tags" - gimme a break.

K thanks. I'll ask you sometime, because I might go back to Toronto on a week long vacation before the end of the 2009 year. And thanks to everyone who replied, was pretty helpful.

The Big Swede 08-07-2009 09:05 PM

I already got my Schenn one:)

Mr Scarface* 08-07-2009 09:08 PM

Fugazy.

Pitt21 08-07-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueAzN (Post 20695942)
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Luke-Schenn-...-Tags-98255085

I was wondering if any of you guys have used this, because I really want to buy this because it looks real and is dirt cheap, this guy has a good seller's rating but any chance you guys may know its a scam or not? Also this was for people who may want some good jeresy's because it seems like this guy has a large collection, going from the NBA, NFL, NHL ect.

100% fake, the numbering is completely wrong. 99% of the time if it sounds to good to be true then it is. I worked in a sports store and you would be amazed at the amount of people who come in wearing clearly fake jerseys bought online that they swear are real.

Pitt21 08-07-2009 09:49 PM

Also it says it comes prepackaged in a bag, NHL pro jerseys(which this is claiming to be with its sizing and fight strap) are all sold blank and the stores that sell it get the lettering done.

Wheels 08-07-2009 10:20 PM

I personally find it weird to wear the jersey of a 20-year old kid. Just me.