HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: PK Subban... a special talent and individual (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=671098)

Habsterix* 08-09-2009 02:22 PM

PK Subban... a special talent and individual

Sorry if those videos have been posted in the past, but I had never seen them and they reveal really the type of individual and talent that Subban is. Can't wait for him to make the big club!

overlords 08-09-2009 02:31 PM

ya, kinda old dude. Wtv, the board is slow today anyway.

dude has a great personality which has me more excited than his skillset. I don't ever expect this guy to take the habs to arbitration or pull some stupid bs off the ice.

Habsterix* 08-09-2009 02:37 PM

Although the competition will be fierce, there's a part of me who would like to see him start the season in Montreal if he has a good camp...

snakeye 08-09-2009 02:42 PM

The next Bobby Orr.

HabuseMoi 08-09-2009 03:08 PM

he Kinda look like Michael Jackson if he wouldn't have had his diseases/accidents/unnecessary plastic surgery

sukimono 08-09-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeye (Post 20711811)
The next Bobby Orr.

I like your sense of humour, that's hot.

frankenstar 08-09-2009 03:43 PM

Can't wait to see how he will do during the training camp.

Coach Brisebois* 08-09-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeye (Post 20711811)
The next Bobby Orr.

Orr was the last Subban

snakeye 08-09-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois (Post 20712559)
Orr was the last Subban

Subban ate Orr. :sarcasm:

Le Tricolore 08-09-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabuseMoi (Post 20712040)
he Kinda look like Michael Jackson if he wouldn't have had his diseases/accidents/unnecessary plastic surgery

Except not at all.

TheCH* 08-09-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 20711695)
ya, kinda old dude. Wtv, the board is slow today anyway.

dude has a great personality which has me more excited than his skillset. I don't ever expect this guy to take the habs to arbitration or pull some stupid bs off the ice.

Why is it that the guy taking a club to arbitration is always the bad guy?

Ever think the club could be the bad guy involved for lowballing a guy trying to take advantage of an rfa's limited negotiation power?
Yes this does happen.

Etienne 08-09-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCH (Post 20713088)

Ever think the club could be the bad guy involved for lowballing a guy trying to take advantage of an rfa's limited negotiation power?
Yes this does happen.

But... But... This is the Habs!!! Players should be willing to take a 90% paycut to play here! :sarcasm:

overlords 08-09-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCH (Post 20713088)

Yes this does happen.

While i have no sympathy for the teams raking in all the dough, i really don't have any for these sports stars raking in more dough in a year than most people are bound to see in a lifetime.

Cry me a river.

KovalevDeke 08-09-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 20713777)
While i have no sympathy for the teams raking in all the dough, i really don't have any for these sports stars raking in more dough in a year than most people are bound to see in a lifetime.

Cry me a river.

you are just jealous

mikollken* 08-09-2009 07:44 PM

The player in which you have most expectations usually is the source of the biggest disappointment...

http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/applaud.gifhttp://doiop.com/dderhyt.jpg

Munchausen 08-09-2009 08:21 PM

I think it's pretty obvious that PK is going to become a fan favorite and media darling pretty quickly. Great personality and colorful game. This is the kind of player the marketing department dreams about.

I'd be really mad to see him traded but with O'Byrne, Weber, Carle and Subban all playing RD, I kind of have this idea in the back of my head that one of them is eventually going to go for some help elsewhere, and among those, PK has by far the most value I would think.

RoyBoyCoy 08-09-2009 08:31 PM

Tavares to Montreal (E-super-close) :scared:

overlords 08-09-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KovalevDeke (Post 20714270)
you are just jealous

who wouldn't be?

Jigger77 08-09-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen (Post 20715040)
I think it's pretty obvious that PK is going to become a fan favorite and media darling pretty quickly. Great personality and colorful game. This is the kind of player the marketing department dreams about.

I'd be really mad to see him traded but with O'Byrne, Weber, Carle and Subban all playing RD, I kind of have this idea in the back of my head that one of them is eventually going to go for some help elsewhere, and among those, PK has by far the most value I would think.

Two things that in my opinion will not happen with Subban. He won't make the team this year and he won't be traded.

People will have to be patient with him but in my opinion he's the type of guy who can make things happen with his drive and personality alone. He has that character a guy like Gainey seems to seek and that you see on winning teams. He just has to balance out the whole offensive d-man thing imho or he will cost his team goals in the NHL. I like those long Orr-style end-to-end rushes as much as the next guy but we all know where those can lead. No way he Denis Savard's his way around NHL players like you see in that video. I think he'll need to perfect his art in Hamilton for a while but I really like the potential there. Like I said though. People need to be patient with this guy he's not making the team this year.

Rbk 08-09-2009 08:51 PM

the subbanator!

toshiro 08-10-2009 07:31 AM

PK

PK's style is closer to Paul Coffey's than to Bobby Orr's. I watched Coffey with the Oil as a youngster in the early 80s (Coffey was drafted in 1980 after Wickenheiser). PK's skills are very very similar. If his development continues he will be special.

JHabs 08-10-2009 09:29 AM

My friend and I, have been saying for a few years now, that PK will be a future impact player.

Turboflex* 08-10-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Are you saying that all black people look the same?

Habsterix* 08-10-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yarfangor (Post 20719142)
My friend and I, have been saying for a few years now, that PK will be a future impact player.

I hope you're right. I really like what I've seen of the guy and the latest interviews show a side that I also really like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboflex (Post 20719210)
Are you saying that all black people look the same?

Did he say that?!? If I said that Patrice Brisebois looks like Jason Biggs, am I saying that all Caucasians look the same?

Don't go there... :shakehead

Hermamoud 08-10-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Really?

http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog...el-jackson.jpg

http://media.canada.com/canwest/22/062507subban.jpg

The fro is missing