HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Canes Top Prospects #6 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=671338)

DaveG 08-10-2009 03:18 PM

Canes Top Prospects #6

1) C/LW Zach Boychuk - 51.85%
2) LW Drayson Bowman - 59.26%
3) C Brandon Sutter - 48.65%
4) D Jamie McBain - 80.77%
5) RW/C Zac Dalpe - 53.57%

added Blanchard

DaveG 08-10-2009 03:22 PM

voting to add Kivisto next round. I know he was a 7th rounder this year but I just have a gut feeling about the guy.

Went with Murphy this round (and last). As far as how "safe" a prospect he is, all 5 off the board are safer picks so far. But in terms of upside he very well may be our best prospect. Total boom or bust prospect. He could end up not ever getting out of the AHL, or he could end up being a better version of Tim Thomas. That's how good I think he could be.

GIN ANTONIC 08-10-2009 03:29 PM

Murphy. I think is upside is higher than some of the guys voted in before him, but I think this is about right for him. I think this kid could be incredible one day but that is a few years off to say the least.

Guerzy 08-10-2009 04:53 PM

Close in my mind between Murphy and Paradis. I am even getting to the point where I am considering Carson as throughout his time in the AHL he has really developed and could easily take a top 6 role today and could very well play top 4 in the future (2nd pairing, number 4 guy) He could be one of those guys that can balance out the pairing nicely between offence and defence. He's a top 6 guy with top 4 potential in my mind. But there is no doubt he will be an NHL defenceman and an effective one (in my mind) in relatively short time.

As DaveG noted, Mike Murphy is extremely 'boom or bust' and that leaves me a bit uneasy in how I rank him. He could make the transition with ease or it could be a rocky road and he'll be forever known as a junior star. I want to see what Mike Murphy can do in the pros (either AHL or ECHL) this season in order to get a better feel of what he's made of.

Therefore, i'm giving Phillipe Paradis the nod this go around. I am uneasy about Paradis aswell and this year is a tremendous year for him to prove why the Carolina Hurricanes made a reach and drafted him in the 1st round. With that said, I feel 'safer' with Paradis. If Paradis can develope he could be a good one. His shot, size, skating ability, and physicality are intriguing to say the least.

After 6 rounds I stand at,

1. Zach Boychuk
2. Brandon Sutter
3. Drayson Bowman
4. Jamie McBain
5. Zac Dalpe
6. Philippe Paradis

KILLger 08-10-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 20722539)
1) C/LW Zach Boychuk - 51.85%
2) LW Drayson Bowman - 59.26%
3) C Brandon Sutter - 48.65%
4) D Jamie McBain - 80.77%
5) RW/C Zac Boychuk - 53.57%

added Blanchard

Damn Boychuk is great!

1st and 5th! ;)

Vote Paradis already people!

DaveG 08-10-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLger (Post 20725546)
Damn Boychuk is great!

1st and 5th! ;)

Vote Paradis already people!

ha! didn't even realize I did that twice.

Just imagine the confusion if we had somehow landed Kassian

Scorvo 08-10-2009 10:56 PM

Paradis. This kid has a heart of a lion. Probably take longer to hit the pros, but I like what I've seen so far.

BanginLikeaBiscuit 08-11-2009 12:21 PM

Paradis. He put up solid numbers with Shawinigan with limited minutes, hopefully this year he can have a break out year with more minutes.

Chrispy 08-11-2009 12:23 PM

After reading through this, Guerzy talked me into voting for Carson after failing to do so to himself.

Guerzy 08-11-2009 04:15 PM

This one is definitely coming down to the wire. Not too bad for the 6th round to be this divided.