HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Spezza a healthy scratch tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67197)

shooter11 04-02-2004 12:56 PM

Spezza a healthy scratch tonight

I think this is a stupid move by Coach Martin, we don't need Van Allen in the line-up. Team 1200 is reporting this so I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but if it is true I don't like the decision. Maybe Todd White is returning and Spezza is sitting out for him but I still think Spezza confidence will be hurt by this.

leafaholix* 04-02-2004 12:58 PM

Smart move.

If the Flyers go down 2 or 3 goals, they'll start playing dirty.

V for Voodoo 04-02-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Smart move.

Then they should bench Hossa, Havlat or Alfredsson and not Spezza.

I wouldn't mind this benching as much if Bonk didn't deserve it so much more.

Quantas 04-02-2004 01:05 PM

I'm semi-ok with this, only if White and Varada are back, otherwise...:shakehead

Mr.Brownov* 04-02-2004 01:08 PM

Sorry for intruding here,but you should find out exactly why he'll be scratched!Playoffs on the horizon,maybe he's getting a rest?Could be even personal reasons for all you know. :dunno:

bennysflyers16 04-02-2004 01:13 PM

No room for them all to hide under the bench, some have to sit !

GoethesGouda 04-02-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shooter11
I think this is a stupid move by Coach Martin, we don't need Van Allen in the line-up. Team 1200 is reporting this so I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but if it is true I don't like the decision. Maybe Todd White is returning and Spezza is sitting out for him but I still think Spezza confidence will be hurt by this.

I have mixed feelings about this move by Martin. Spezza offers a lot more offensively than Van Allen, but Spezza has been making some absolutely brutal turnovers. Some of those turnovers have been costly.

Tonights game is going to be tight checking and I have a feeling there will be a very narrow margin for errors. Van Allen is certainly better in the defensive zone.

Hopefully this will fire up Spezza and he will come out flying vs. the Leafs.

Gonchar 04-02-2004 01:16 PM

He is not a healthy scratch. Listed as day-to-day with lower body injury.

GoethesGouda 04-02-2004 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16
No room for them all to hide under the bench, some have to sit !

Ummm... if they were hiding people, don't you think Havlat would be scratched instead of Spezza? You didn't really take your thought to its logical conclusion, did you?

bennysflyers16 04-02-2004 01:21 PM

Like I said, they can't all hide. Havlat has his spot in the penalty box and under Martin's arm to hide.

blah 04-02-2004 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Smart move.

Leaf :lol fan.

Killer 93 04-02-2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blah
Leaf :lol fan.

It was only a matter of time....

Sting 04-02-2004 02:01 PM

Quote:

Like I said, they can't all hide. Havlat has his spot in the penalty box and under Martin's arm to hide.

Why would he hide? no reason to. The only guy on Philly capable of fighting that's going to be in the lineup is Brashear. Ottawa has several, and alot more grit to their team. Roenick isn't going to want to get involved...I don't think he wants his career to be over.

Besides, do you HONESTLY think something is going to happen? If you do, you'll be tremendously dissapointed in the game, and more importantly, your team.

Capt Tuttle 04-02-2004 02:02 PM

Quote:

Didn't you guys lose most of the fights last time?

bennysflyers16 04-02-2004 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tuttle
Didn't you guys lose most of the fights last time?

Get it through your heads, Neil vs Somik ( 0 career fights), Chara vs Timmander(0 career fights), Brash, won, Sharp , won. So lets pit Brash vs Bondra, and Fedoruk vs Redden, then what !

Capt Tuttle 04-02-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Get it through your heads, Neil vs Somik ( 0 career fights), Chara vs Timmander(0 career fights), Brash, won, Sharp , won. So lets pit Brash vs Bondra, and Fedoruk vs Redden, then what !

So, who won? Your coach had last change that game. Maybe he thought those were your fighters or did he get distracted by someone's cheeseburger in the stands.

bennysflyers16 04-02-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting004
Why would he hide? no reason to. The only guy on Philly capable of fighting that's going to be in the lineup is Brashear. Ottawa has several, and alot more grit to their team. Roenick isn't going to want to get involved...I don't think he wants his career to be over.

Besides, do you HONESTLY think something is going to happen? If you do, you'll be tremendously dissapointed in the game, and more importantly, your team.

If Brash does not grab Neil and slap him around like the little girl he is, I will be very disappointed. Like I said earlier, There will be no other fights, but Neil deserves to get his A@# beat and he will. Flyers 2 - Zhamnov, Johnsson ,Sens 1 - Hossa.

bennysflyers16 04-02-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tuttle
So, who won? Your coach had last change that game. Maybe he thought those were your fighters or did he get distracted by someone's cheeseburger in the stands.

Calling Hitch Fat, very informed and typical response, that is pathetic.

Capt Tuttle 04-02-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

If Brash does not grab Neil and slap him around like the little girl he is, I will be very disappointed. Like I said earlier, There will be no other fights, but Neil deserves to get his A@# beat and he will. Flyers 2 - Zhamnov, Johnsson ,Sens 1 - Hossa.

Brashear fights about as good as he plays hockey. Rotten!!

shooter11 04-02-2004 02:12 PM

Spezza has a lower body injury and is a day to day

GoethesGouda 04-02-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

If Brash does not grab Neil and slap him around like the little girl he is, I will be very disappointed.

Hmmm... will Brashear actually have the guts to drop his gloves and square off or will he throw few gloved sucker punches to get the upperhand like he did last time?

bennysflyers16 04-02-2004 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
Hmmm... will Brashear actually have the guts to drop his gloves and square off or will he throw few gloved sucker punches to get the upperhand like he did last time?

Oh ya, Your toughest guy destroyed Brash, The bloody face on Ray was from shaving. Keep trying

GoethesGouda 04-02-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Oh ya, Your toughest guy destroyed Brash, The bloody face on Ray was from shaving. Keep trying

Ummm... did I say Ray destroyed Brashear?

gbl1p 04-02-2004 02:23 PM

Quote:

Why didn't Brash dance with Neil when Neiler was after him all game last time? Brashear is a hell of a fighter, but why he didn't go with Neil is beyond me. Instead he feeds Rayzor a few gloved shots.

Sting 04-02-2004 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
Ummm... did I say Ray destroyed Brashear?

lol that Flyers guy is a bit slow, I suggest just ignoring him. Not worth 15 seconds of your time.