HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   OT: np.com boards back on-line 8-13-09 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=672173)

SavageSteve 08-13-2009 03:12 PM

np.com boards back on-line 8-13-09

FYI... http://fans.predators.nhl.com/directory/ Thought folks might be interested in checking out the new format.

PredsChik 08-13-2009 03:33 PM

awesome, thanks.

btw, anyone know if I'm going to get my name back on there, it's showing up my login name.

BigFatCat999 08-13-2009 03:39 PM

At least the swearing thread is up and NO WORD CENSORSHIP!!!!

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-13-2009 04:14 PM

i pledged two years ago never to return to that board, and I don't intend to now.

worstfaceoffmanever 08-13-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 20759258)
i pledged two years ago never to return to that board, and I don't intend to now.

Yeah, judging from the new format, I don't think I'll be there much anymore.

What bothered me the most is that they never explained the change. InvisionBoard was a great format, especially compared to this MPOS that they have now.

BigFatCat999 08-13-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever (Post 20759909)
Yeah, judging from the new format, I don't think I'll be there much anymore.

What bothered me the most is that they never explained the change. InvisionBoard was a great format, especially compared to this MPOS that they have now.

Agreed.

Seth Lake 08-13-2009 05:34 PM

Wow, that is awful. It is difficult to read, poorly organized, and visually unappealing.

Also, I anticipate that having global registration on all 30 NHL message board sites will lead to complete chaos without strong moderation and a detailed list of rules and penalties as there is here.

I'll give it a little bit of time to see what comes of it, but as of now...I can't see myself over there very much...

nine_inch_fang 08-13-2009 06:13 PM

What a cluster-eff. At least with old format you could sift through the crap easily, now..........not so much.

Joe T Choker 08-13-2009 07:35 PM

sounds like I made a good decision on not posting over there anymore

Enoch 08-13-2009 08:01 PM

They changed my username, assigned me a new username, and I have no option of switching said username.

Lol!

I never post over there anyways ;)

JR303 08-13-2009 08:41 PM

Man, that board is slow and crappy. It's got its ups and downs, but if it doesn't get any better, I won't be there much. I'm sure you're all crushed.

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-13-2009 10:41 PM

maybe we'll reclaim some of our posters that grew tired of cross-posting themselves :):nod:

Joe T Choker 08-14-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 20763964)
maybe we'll reclaim some of our posters that grew tired of cross-posting themselves :):nod:

there is one poster that I hope we pull back over here that comes to mind immediately, but I think he told me one time that his internet blocks this site

sparkle twin 08-14-2009 02:05 AM

Everything looks the same, just in black and white now.

I can't even log-in over there.

First I couldn't find a place to log in at all. Then I randomly got to a page to log-in. I didn't know if I was already registered or not so I tried to register and it said my email was already used. So I tried to log-in and it just went back to the login page. I reset my pw and it's the same thing. I've tried everything I can to think of to login, turn off my security settings, hold the shift, hold the control, but every time it just goes back to the login page.

Oh well. I haven't been to the message board since mid June anyway and I pretty much only went there for "that thread" anyhow.

BigFatCat999 08-14-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conando (Post 20764736)
there is one poster that I hope we pull back over here that comes to mind immediately, but I think he told me one time that his internet blocks this site

I know who you are talking about and he's taking a break from posting.

deleted 08-14-2009 09:35 AM

I do go over to browse once in awhile..don't have an account though, it never got activated by admins so I said screw it. One thing I would like to know is if the new format has reduced the total file sizes. I remember on many many occasions going over during a game just to see an error because the servers were overloaded. So if this new design that looks more complicated graphics wise, resulted in larger pages (filesize wise) which I have a feeling it does. Whatever exec signed off on it needs to be fired. Overall I'd rate this design 2/10. And the previous design 6/10. It's a freakin forum idiots. Keep it simple.

Nitrous Mafia 08-14-2009 09:41 AM

they never sent me an email back confirming my registration. oh well.

darth5 08-14-2009 10:54 AM

I realize this was likely a league wide tool decision, but that board software sucks. I won't be messing with it, either. It even seems to lack the basic stuff like viewing unread.

Webersmashpuck 08-14-2009 09:40 PM

I don't think many people will be over there anymore that is awful.

Bad Karma 08-15-2009 09:17 AM

Hawrible.

MemphisMTLfan 08-16-2009 10:23 PM

I don't think I'm going back. I like it here with you all. I just wish the GDTs had more life.

Roman Yoshi 08-17-2009 09:47 AM

Sanctuary! Those new boards are awful. I am hitting eject before I ever get started over there again.

Preds Partisan 08-17-2009 04:52 PM

Is there room for one more on this bus? The car is in the ditch over there, and the Auto Club isn't answering the phone for a tow.

DontCallPlayersStuds 08-17-2009 05:23 PM

Always room for more...we don't get the volume of the np.com board, but I think the quality of posting over here is significantly better. Also...definitely venture out into the "main" forums...there's a lot of great discussion that goes on there, and we try to offer up Preds perspective whenever possible.

Pred303 08-31-2009 06:40 PM

been awhile, probably won't post a whole lot this year but this is where i plan to be when i do due to that mess over at np.

have a tough schedule this year as my son has fights all over, spread out thru the season, oct in vegas, dec in Berlin, feb in Rome, so i'll most likely miss lots of games.

having said all that, look forward to it, good to see everyone again.