HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone want Huselius? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67225)

PanthersRule96 04-02-2004 03:40 PM

Anyone want Huselius?

Huselius is pretty much useless for FLA and this is coming from at one point, one of his biggest fans. I've pretty much given up on him, although I think we should hold onto him untill we see him in camp.

What would people offer for him?

Dudley had interest in Scott Nichol, or, I was thinking about Jason Krog as we need faceoff men and he promised to shore it up this summer.

What kind of pick/player would Huselius get now as IMO he still has the skills but needs a certain type of coach on a certain type of team. WAS, PIT, and CHI and ANA are the 4 teams that I think would be most likely to have interest in Hussy.

Thoughts?

PantherBlood6* 04-02-2004 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Huselius is pretty much useless for FLA and this is coming from at one point, one of his biggest fans. I've pretty much given up on him, although I think we should hold onto him untill we see him in camp.

What would people offer for him?

Dudley had interest in Scott Nichol, or, I was thinking about Jason Krog as we need faceoff men and he promised to shore it up this summer.

What kind of pick/player would Huselius get now as IMO he still has the skills but needs a certain type of coach on a certain type of team. WAS, PIT, and CHI and ANA are the 4 teams that I think would be most likely to have interest in Hussy.

Thoughts?

First off, I think you should be deprived of your breathing rights if youd deal him for Scott Nichol or Jason Krog :D

No one's going to offer anything significant for him, He's been awful this year and to deal him now while his value is lower than dirt would be a huge mistake...but knowing Dudley, that's exactly what he'll do. My predicition is he gets moved for a 2nd rounder and a low tier prospect who's 6'5 and can skate--and scores 30+ goals wherever he goes.

Ajacied 04-02-2004 03:47 PM

*raises hand*

John Erskine and Jason Bacashihua for Kristian Huselius and maybe a small throwin.

DJ Spinoza 04-02-2004 03:56 PM

Want Ross Lupaschuk? The guy in my avatar is starting to make his chances of even playing in WBS weakened.

Burke's Evil Spirit 04-02-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
*raises hand*

John Erskine and Jason Bacashihua for Kristian Huselius and maybe a small throwin.

How interested do you suppose the Panthers are in Bacashihua with Luongo between the pipes?

Vancouver has a glut of LWs, and probably isn't interested.

Team_Spirit 04-02-2004 04:06 PM

Tade deadline was last month people ...

Spezza 04-02-2004 04:38 PM

For me, Huselius won't fetch a 2nd right now, maybe at camp time like you've suggested.

It's the law of the trade deadline. Players are worth more at the trade deadline, picks are worth more after it up until the draft. After the draft, picks are easier to give up.

Perhaps I'm underratting him, but with Huselius I feel your very much still talking about a project player. If you were to look at the stats you'd have to say its not been a very productive season points wise for him. Indeed the starter of this thread seems to be at his witts end.

I think you've hit the nail on the head for teams that would be good fits, infact I wonder how fair a comparison to Petr Shatslivy would be? I think Huselius is a bit better than that as he's played a hell of a lot more, he's also much more durable than Shatslivy, but Shatslivy is similar as in he's a guy who's a project. He showed a glimpse of what he could do and someones willing to give him a shot.

Another downside to Huselius is his age, he's 25 and as an older European who's came over maybe he's just never going to put it together.

I think Huselius has more value in Florida as a project than on the trade market - frustrating as he may be for Panther fans.

Flames Draft Watcher 04-02-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
How interested do you suppose the Panthers are in Bacashihua with Luongo between the pipes?

Can't really agree with this logic and I think past trades and drafting bear this out. NJ with Brodeur took a goaltender in the 1st round 2 different times (Damphousse, Ahonen).

Goaltending is obviously not their most pressing need but your post seems to be suggesting that they wouldn't be interested at all in prospect/young goalies and I think that is far from the truth.

You can never have too much depth, at any position. If you have excess then you can use that to shore up positions of need.

Peter Griffin 04-02-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Tade deadline was last month people ...

Thanks for the tip, but teams can make trades during the off-season, right? Right?

PanthersRule96 04-02-2004 09:42 PM

Huselius was awful this year. He had about a 5 game stretch of brilliance, but ever since the middle of the 2002-2003 season has he been in a slump.

IMO the only way to ressurect his career is to give him a change of scenery.

I like Kristian. I think he is still capable of producing in the NHL too. It's just that we have skilled guys like Nedorost, Weiss, and Horton and then Stewart and eventually maybe Taticek coming on the scene. Huselius has been centering the 4th line a lot lately with Ty Jones and Hordichuk or Piros. His value in Dudleys eyes has dropped too.

I am ready and willing to give him a full look in camp. He knew he had a bad year, so hopefully, he will correct this problem and become the 40 goal scorer some thought that he may become. I just think that Dudley would deal him now because of the way things have unfolded.

IMO he should still get a second and a good prospect but with Dudleys wants, I think that he could trade him for a Krog/Nichol type of guy.

I hope he holds out on dealing though.

Alfie#11 04-02-2004 10:09 PM

I think that Huselius can be an impact player.

If I'm a team at the bottom of the standings - I grab him.

If I'm Edmonton or Calgary, two teams with heart but a little short on skill, I grab him.

He is soft but he can be a 40 goal guy in the Satan style. His new team will have to surround him with some grit and let him do his thing offensively, but it will be worth it.

At 25, a first is too much to give. A 2nd rounder is fair. Florida would do better by trying to find a way to let him play his game.

:banana:

Trottier 04-02-2004 11:07 PM

Huselius to NYI for Justin Mapletoft.

Isles are very deep at center, so Mapletoft is tradeable. He certainly fits the mold of the player you are apparently looking for, based on the names you threw out.

Being a firm believer that you buy low and sell high, I'd definitely take a chance on Huselius. (And 25 is not old for an NHLer, any way you want to look at it.)

(Then I'd turn around to ModanoIsGod and try to pry Erskine off the Dallas roster for a winger (Bates?), as there appears to be interest in one, given the consideration for Huselius here.)

PanthersRule96 04-02-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfie#11
I think that Huselius can be an impact player.

If I'm a team at the bottom of the standings - I grab him.

If I'm Edmonton or Calgary, two teams with heart but a little short on skill, I grab him.

He is soft but he can be a 40 goal guy in the Satan style. His new team will have to surround him with some grit and let him do his thing offensively, but it will be worth it.

At 25, a first is too much to give. A 2nd rounder is fair. Florida would do better by trying to find a way to let him play his game.

:banana:

IMO he should remain a panther as Stewart and him IMO could potentially complement each other well. Also, players like Kolnik and Berglund have grit and skill to help hus.

PanthersRule96 04-02-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trottier
Huselius to NYI for Justin Mapletoft.

Isles are very deep at center, so Mapletoft is tradeable. He certainly fits the mold of the player you are apparently looking for, based on the names you threw out.

Being a firm believer that you buy low and sell high, I'd definitely take a chance on Huselius. (And 25 is not old for an NHLer, any way you want to look at it.)

(Then I'd turn around to ModanoIsGod and try to pry Erskine off the Dallas roster for a winger (Bates?), as there appears to be interest in one, given the consideration for Huselius here.)

About Nichol and Krog, I was just saying that Dudley is looking for a faceoff man and Murray likes Huselius and Dudley looked at Nichol. No way would Hus be traded straight up for either.

IMO Duds wouldn't trade him unless we got a second rounder plus a decent prospect.

Trottier 04-02-2004 11:23 PM

Gotcha.

Mapletoft is a fair prospect, who, if he pans out, will be a servicable third-liner in the NHL. Unfortunately, with Milbury giving away picks for the likes of Alexander "here today, gone tomorrow" Karpotsev, they have to be exceedingly shrewd with those that remain.

Huselius may very well turn out to be one of those "change of scenary" types. The type of player who finally realizes consistency in another city, leading some to lament the Panthers "giving up on him," when, in fact, the guy just would never have evolved further in Florida.

Happens to players all the time.

Ajacied 04-03-2004 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit

Erskine is a bruiser, a big crease clearing defenseman whereas Bacashihua would solidify their situation in net for years to come. After Luongo there's a huge gap, especially with Hurme gone. Lajunesse is practacly the only one with NHL potential, you need a decent backup. And if I am not mistaken, John Erskine is the mold Cats fans were asking for around the deadline.

PanthersRule96 04-03-2004 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modano = God
Erskine is a bruiser, a big crease clearing defenseman whereas Bacashihua would solidify their situation in net for years to come. After Luongo there's a huge gap, especially with Hurme gone. Lajunesse is practacly the only one with NHL potential, you need a decent backup. And if I am not mistaken, John Erskine is the mold Cats fans were asking for around the deadline.

I like the Dallas deal, but I also like some of Dallas's prospects.

We don't need a solid backup really. SHields can do the trick. Erskine is appealing, but I would have more interest in forward prospects. We need a scoring LW who can play on one of our top 2 lines. A player with a lot of potential who is still young such as Polak, Jokinen, or Antti Miettinen would IMO be wanted by Dudley in perhaps a package deal but I don't really know how Huselius would EVER fit in in Dallas

Clint 04-03-2004 11:19 AM

Quote:

We don't need a solid backup really. Shields can do the trick.

I think I am the only Panther fan in this thinking, but SHIELDS CAN NOT DO THE TRICK. His Sv.% was never above .890 at any point in the season! Never! It is currently .879!!! We need a REAL backup goalie, so Luongo doesn't HAVE to play 70+ games a season.

Quote:

Erskine is appealing, but I would have more interest in forward prospects. We need a scoring LW who can play on one of our top 2 lines.

We can draft Huselius' scoring replacement in a mere 2 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModanoGod

Wait till training camp/preseason, and you got a deal. We could draft Huselius' replacement in a few months, so we have a top 6 scorer, we get a crease-clearer in Erskine, and a backup in Cash... good deal.

Now what do you want as the throw in? Minor Leaguer? Low Pick?

PanthersRule96 04-03-2004 01:24 PM

IMO Sheilds sucks. All we have to do is get either a free agent goalie or keep him. He has played poorly a lot and at first I said that we should dump him this summer, but it doesn't matter too much as Luongo will probably start 75 games next year. IF Louie got hurt though, then we'd have to deal off someone for an emergency goalie as in the Mike Vernon for Dvorak deal.

IMO all we need is a backup in the second round this year.

Scoring is one of our problems but so is this defense.

Bouwmeester
VanRyn
Odelein
Trnka
Lilja
Biron
Krajicek

That is bad defense. Trnka, Lilja, and Biron could all be had easily right now. Krajicek is a keeper and Novak will have to rebound after his injury. Odelein has played OK, but is a good 6th dman. In the summer, I expect the cats to go after a Brendan Witt type d.

To solve FLA's problems:

Forwards
Through draft, free agents, and trades

Defense
Through free agency

Goalie
Draft or free agency

Clash* 04-03-2004 01:50 PM

First off, while Shields' numbers have sucked, part of that is attributed to no consistent playing time. Shields has been a starter in the NHL and has the experience to step in and do what's necessary if Luongo goes down. Will he put up Luongo type numbers? No, but not very many back ups will. If comparing Shields to Hurme, look at Hurme's second half numbers when Luongo was playing a majority of the games last season. They sucked. Florida is in need of more depth goaltending than anything else. Lajuenesse had to be sent down to Augusta twice this season, and the second time for the remainder of the season, in order to deserve playing time. Travis Scott at 26 isn't the future at back-up, nor does he have the potential to back-up Luongo like Shields, especially if Luongo goes down. Scott has had a Luongo type of season tho in San Antonio behind another abysmal defense, but its an entire step below. Florida needs a young goalie to play in the AHL right now, not to back-up Luongo. Shields does his job, much akin to a Corey Schwab. Numbers aren't spectacular, but he does what he has to.

As for tradin Huselius, some of those Florida fans who have posted in this thread just want to trade someone who underachieved for a season. Next they'll want to trade Bouwmeester, much like Jovanovski. They have no patience. First off, they mention Nedorost and Horton ahead of Kris in depth for center, when both actually play wing and seem to be destined for those roles. Jokinen, Weiss, Cullen, and maybe Ritchie could be considered ahead of Huselius, but Cullen may not be qualified and just about every roster spot will be open for competition come camp. Tradin Huselius at this stage is goin to end up a los for the Cats in the value they get in return. Florida fans need to learn to have patience.

Fat Elvis 04-03-2004 02:21 PM

Want Anson Carter?

PanthersRule96 04-03-2004 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
First off, while Shields' numbers have sucked, part of that is attributed to no consistent playing time. Shields has been a starter in the NHL and has the experience to step in and do what's necessary if Luongo goes down. Will he put up Luongo type numbers? No, but not very many back ups will. If comparing Shields to Hurme, look at Hurme's second half numbers when Luongo was playing a majority of the games last season. They sucked. Florida is in need of more depth goaltending than anything else. Lajuenesse had to be sent down to Augusta twice this season, and the second time for the remainder of the season, in order to deserve playing time. Travis Scott at 26 isn't the future at back-up, nor does he have the potential to back-up Luongo like Shields, especially if Luongo goes down. Scott has had a Luongo type of season tho in San Antonio behind another abysmal defense, but its an entire step below. Florida needs a young goalie to play in the AHL right now, not to back-up Luongo. Shields does his job, much akin to a Corey Schwab. Numbers aren't spectacular, but he does what he has to.

As for tradin Huselius, some of those Florida fans who have posted in this thread just want to trade someone who underachieved for a season. Next they'll want to trade Bouwmeester, much like Jovanovski. They have no patience. First off, they mention Nedorost and Horton ahead of Kris in depth for center, when both actually play wing and seem to be destined for those roles. Jokinen, Weiss, Cullen, and maybe Ritchie could be considered ahead of Huselius, but Cullen may not be qualified and just about every roster spot will be open for competition come camp. Tradin Huselius at this stage is goin to end up a los for the Cats in the value they get in return. Florida fans need to learn to have patience.

When you think about it, he's underachieved since JAN 2003. I have had tons of patience with a lot of players and I'm not saying trade him now, I'm saying see what he does in camp and then make a desicion.

What about Shvidki clash??? From what I recall reading in some of your posts, you have no patience anymore with him and he's barely even gotten a shot at the NHL level.

PanthersRule96 04-03-2004 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING ELVI
Want Anson Carter?

For Huselius straight up?????

OK :D We'll even give you your choice of LIlja, Trnka and or Biron. Take all 3 if you want. With LA's injury problems, you can never have too many healthy bodies :joker:

Clash* 04-03-2004 04:46 PM

Quote:

When you think about it, he's underachieved since JAN 2003. I have had tons of patience with a lot of players and I'm not saying trade him now, I'm saying see what he does in camp and then make a desicion.

What about Shvidki clash??? From what I recall reading in some of your posts, you have no patience anymore with him and he's barely even gotten a shot at the NHL level.

Shvidki can't even demostrate at the AHL level consistently that he deserves a shot at the NHL. Its that simple. Someone who runs home and cries constantly over bein demoted doesn't have it mentally. But for Huselius, he may not be scoring, but he has been puttin the work in on the ice. He has been playin both ends and he has been more aggressive and not shying away from contact. Shvidki has had what? 5 years to stop acting like a child? Even San Antonio fans are tired of his mopin around over demotions.

McDonald19 04-03-2004 06:36 PM

Quote:

Thoughts?

Krog and 4th for Huselius?