HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Some People on this board... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=67233)

Steve 04-02-2004 03:15 PM

Some People on this board...

Some people on this board are messed. A quesion was asked what team don't you want to play in the playoffs and some people make some really stupid comments...hmmm

"The leafs have more overpaid players than the sens" ALL NHL PLAYERS ARE OVERPAID. How you can say that Sundin is overpaid in terms of Alfredson is a joke. Sundin is clutch, he scores big goals at big times. Alfredsson is a great player, no question but hardly the threat that Sundin is. Alfredsson scores more points but Sundin only plays about 20mins/game. Sundin is also a playoff perfomer and Mr. 3rd period this year. Not to mention, he's won a few playoff rounds in his time. Someone said 'If Rob Ray makes more than $8/hour he's overpaid" :lol, it's true. He can't fight anymore, definate has been and we all know he'll sit in the playoffs, if he doesn't a good player will have to give up his spot for Ray.

"The sens have the flyers number" hahahah, how can you have the flyers number when the leafs somehow can't have yours. Both teams have changed. You do not have the flyers number, and the Leafs do not have your number.

"Bring on the Leafs" you talk like they are a joke. haha, I don't know if the leafs will beat you but I'm not sure that you will beat the Leafs either. The Sens were a great hockey team last year and don't appear to be as good this year, not sure why, but they aren't. They have no goaltending...so far. Lalime was great last year though,maybe he'll pick it up a little. If he doesn't you'll be out in 5 games.

"The Leafs can only beat the sens when they don't have a full line up" Lets remember who you are talking about. They leafs NEVER have a full line up, they are always injured. The optimist could claim that no one has EVER beat the leafs with a full line up b/c they have never had one to put on the ice. Lets not forget a couple years ago when the Sens were booted out by the St. John's Maple Leafs.

I am a Leafs fan, no question but I'm not so sure that the Leafs will beat the sens. It's possible though. I don't even konw if I want to see the best rivalry in hocky meet, b/c it means that one great team will be out. I think the Sens fans are overrating the Senators this year. I relaly don't think they will win, I just don't. They might beat the leafs, but they won't win. IMO, Ottawa is ranked 4th-5th in the east, ahead of New Jersey, Montreal, NYI and maybe Boston.

Anyway, the point, NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT, why do you think the Devils have so many cups, they really aren't THAT great. Fantastic goaltender can maybe steal you a cup but several??? I don't know :dunno:

Don't get me wrong, I think the sens are great, but I just don't think it's going to be as easy as SOME seem to think it will be. I am aware that Toronto fans are just as bad but these are just my comments to you. Toronto can't help it, we need a cup, you can still save yourselves!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Sorry, the banana seems to be trendy, I wanted to give it a try

discostu 04-02-2004 03:27 PM

I would suggest you re-read that thread.

Most Sens fans are very willing to admit that every playoff series is going to be tough this year. It doesn't mean we can't have preferences on which opponent we will play. The East is very competitive this year, and match-ups are going to be key.

Just because we think we can beat your team, it doesn't mean we don't respect them.

GoethesGouda 04-02-2004 03:29 PM

Here's a couple of quotes I pulled off of the Leafs board.

Quote:

It does not really matter when we play the Sens. I think we will beat them reguardless.
Quote:

Ottawa for sure

And it will work out the same as usual

GAME 1 - Leafs don't care about score they just want to send a message to Ottawa.

Senoritas 3 Toronto 1

Game 2 - Now that the Leafs have taken Hossa out of the series (we ALL know how much he likes to get hit) they play a tight defensive game. 5 minutes left in the third Mats Sundin fans on a shot that somehow gets by Lalime

Toronto 1 Senoritas 0

Game 3 - John Muckner has complained to the NHL that the Leafs are being favored because they get 7 home games this playoff round. The NHL slowly explains that no Toronto only gets 4 home games its just that the product you produce does not appeal to Ottawa fans who would rather be doing some insider trading or stealing flags on private property. As for the game Gary Roberts gets 2 goals in the 2nd period on a 5 minute power play which is the deciding goals in a 4-2 win and a series lead to Toronto.

Jack Martin is incensed at the major penalty to Havlat saying "he was only stretching and his stick slipped and hit the Leaf player in the face" "its not like the player broke his neck or something....I think it should not have been a penalty

Toronto 4 Senoritas 2

Game 4 - The Leafs are mad at Havlat, and are looking for blood. But to no avail Havlat is not in the starting lineup. The Leafs instead focus on hurting Ottawa on the scoreboard and after 2 periods have a 6-0 lead. With 2 minutes left in the game Rayzor jumps Ponikarovsky in a rematch of thier thrilling fight a couple years back. And then all 12 skaters are fighting. I should say 10 skaters cause Lalime tripped over the blue line and sprained his leg. Darcy Tucker notices a blonde stick girl and pulls at her hair only to find out that "martina" is really Martin Havlat wearing a wig

Toronto 7 Senoritas 0

Game 5 The Ottawa Sun publishes a piece that the CBC announcers are biased against the Senators and are pro leafs. Chris Stevenson says and I quote "It seems like Toronto are having the words he shoots he scores said more than the Senators and thats just proves the CBC's bias. On the Ice, Martina I mean Martin Havlat is back without his wig Prusek is in net but nothing changes as the Leafs take a 3-1 lead into the third and Phillips scoring a meaningless goal with 4 minutes left to make it close but Eddie shuts the door and the series ends 4-1. Jack Martin during his press conference says his team is learning how to win and now has the maturity to go all the way. When asked if the Leafs have the Sens number Jason Spezza said "I don't get it, we beat Trevor Kidd who is just as good as Eddie Belfour" And Daniel Alfredson said "We were robbed again, the refs took us out of the game and if Tie Domi knew how to take a stick in the face and not bleed like any MAN would it would have been a different outcome. I give no credit to the Leafs because we are the vastly better team"

Toronto 3 Senoritas 2

(Toronto wins series 4 games to 1)
It sucks when people highlight your hypocrisy, doesn't it?

Sting 04-02-2004 03:45 PM

"The optimist could claim that no one has EVER beat the leafs with a full line up b/c they have never had one to put on the ice."

Ahahaha...hang on...ahahahahaha. Give me a break. The Leafs aren't half as good as their fans seem to think they are. That's what causes these arguments and that's what upsets me. The little series summary was a bad joke...if the Leafs make it past the 2nd round I'd be surprised, and I'm being perfectly serious.

Raging Bull 04-02-2004 03:48 PM

This is a pointless and ignorant thread.

Hossa 04-02-2004 03:48 PM

This thread is on probation. Keep it clean, or else it's gone.

IdiotsPickedMyName* 04-02-2004 03:53 PM

Another leafs fan flogging another long dead horse :deadhorse

:lol: had to fit that smilie in somewhere

:win:
^
l
l
2004- Ottawa Senators

Steve 04-02-2004 05:20 PM

HaHAHAHAHAH :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are hilarious!! You obviously missed the point of the thread. It was simply to point out some of the biases that are on the Sens board about the Leafs. If you read the bottom, I stated that the Leaf fans are just as bad. It was only a comment, no need to get angry. The series thing was pretty funny with the Leafs and Sens, afterall it was a joke. No need to get angry everyone, simply a comment. I am not insulting the Sens or their fans, again, I think the Sens are a great team. Senator fans jsut seem to over rate them, as Leaf fans do for the Leafs, that's it, that was the entire point. :dunno:

V for Voodoo 04-02-2004 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Senator fans jsut seem to over rate them, as Leaf fans do for the Leafs

As do Wings fans, and Habs fans, and Flames fans, and Flyers fans, and Sabres fans, and Bruins fans, I could go on, but that doesn't mean you need to start a thread about it on every board. It's not like this is a new development.

SensGod 04-02-2004 09:38 PM

I like Perogies...

I like Perogies with Sour Cream...

I'm a homer...I like Duff Bear...

TexSen 04-02-2004 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
I like Perogies...

I like Perogies with Sour Cream...

I'm a homer...I like Duff Bear...

Bananas for Perogies!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

GoM 04-02-2004 11:10 PM

If it's any condolences to Sens fans, I hate that clown "LeeIs" too

SkuMM 04-03-2004 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discostu

Just because we think we can beat your team, it doesn't mean we don't respect them.

Bull.

I live in ottawa. The Leafs (my team of choice) get NO RESPECT in this city. I would show the sens respect if the fans here showed any back in return. It just doesn't happen. You, sir, are watching too much brady bunch. The media, the local government, and the sens fans do NOT show respect. I think thats one of the problems. Stealing flags, ignorant songs, raving mayors banning leafs jerseys to get food bank donations..... I don't see a whole lot of respect.

SHow me where there is respect in Ottawa for the Blue and White.....

GoethesGouda 04-03-2004 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkuMM
...raving mayors banning leafs jerseys to get food bank donations.....

Oh come on!!!! That was a friggin' joke with good intentions.

And if you think the disrespect only goes one way in Ottawa, you are very mistaken!

SENSational 04-03-2004 08:31 AM

:banana: omg lol this topic is stupid

So many leaf fans do the same exact thing and probably Colorado fans do it to Detroit fans and viceversa. :razz: :banana: :banana: :banana:

SkuMM 04-03-2004 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=GoethesGouda]Oh come on!!!! That was a friggin' joke with good intentions.
QUOTE]

Were talking respect. I know it's a joke. everyone knows it's a joke. But there is a definate LACK OF RESPECT. Thats what were discussing.

SensGod 04-03-2004 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=SkuMM]
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
Oh come on!!!! That was a friggin' joke with good intentions.
QUOTE]

Were talking respect. I know it's a joke. everyone knows it's a joke. But there is a definate LACK OF RESPECT. Thats what were discussing.

For the record...

I respect the leafs...I don't respect a portion of their fan base...

and for those fans I wave a "Leafs Suck" flag...because it irritates them...and that makes me laugh.

Irritating Leafs fans-->:troll:<-- Me!

SkuMM 04-03-2004 09:02 AM

Yes LT, you are an irritating Sens fan.

:banana: <<-- Stupidest emoticon EVER

SensGod 04-03-2004 09:05 AM

Quote:

Yes LT, you are an irritating Sens fan.

:banana: <<-- Stupidest emoticon EVER

Did you just insult the banana?

Oh, Oh... :mad:

SkuMM 04-03-2004 09:06 AM

yes. Yes I did.

Mr. Moderator. I find the leafs suck shirt OFFENSIVE. Please delete this thread....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkuMM 04-03-2004 09:08 AM

Quote:

yes. Yes I did.

Mr. Moderator. I find the leafs suck shirt OFFENSIVE. Please delete this thread....

To all you noobs, yes, that was in fact a JOKE.

Just like LT..... :yo:

SensGod 04-03-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

yes. Yes I did.

:loony:

GoethesGouda 04-03-2004 09:10 AM

Quote:

Right, and you do understand that the disrespect, you are discussing, goes both ways, don't you?

The persecution complex, that many Leaf fans have, is getting really boring.

SkuMM 04-03-2004 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoethesGouda
Right, and you do understand that the disrespect, you are discussing, goes both ways, don't you?

The persecution complex, that many Leaf fans have, is getting really boring.

now thats comedy. I'm not feeling personally persecuted. Just stating facts that you folks seem to have problems swallowing. I completely agree that the disrespect goes both ways. I personally have no respect for Sens fans after the way my GF and I were treated at the Corel Centre by you fine folks. I do respect certain people, like Sensgod, because I know him beyond this board. You speak big words but have nothing to back them up.

And that, my friend, is getting boring.

GoethesGouda 04-03-2004 09:22 AM

Quote:

I completely agree that the disrespect goes both ways.

Thank you, that's all I wanted to hear.