HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rumor: Rangers Eyeing Brad Richards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=672358)

glees68 08-14-2009 02:30 AM

Rangers Eyeing Brad Richards
 
Quote:

The two sides have agreed on Brandon Dubinsky being involved... The Rangers are trying to move Roszival... The Stars have no interest in Michael Roszival.
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/st...ichards/15912/

This site is pretty reliable. But, take it for what you will.

Garden Mystique 08-14-2009 02:34 AM

please no

MSG the place to be* 08-14-2009 02:45 AM

Richards is like Gomez, a negative value player based on his contract. By this I mean that I would have to be enticed to take him. Certainly wouldnt give up a guy I want in Blue for the next decade. I know Montreal gave up a lot of value for Gomez but it was retarded of Gainey and common sense and logic still tell me value needs to be sent along with the bloated contract.

Ill add that if Sather does this it is by far the stupidest move hes ever made.

hpNYR 08-14-2009 03:03 AM

People need to point the finger at Torts in this sceanrio. You know damn well he's the one whose asked for Richards.

Now we know why Dubinsky hasn't been signed. It was nice knowing ya kid. Goodluck.

hairylikebear 08-14-2009 03:06 AM

Brad Richards, negative value. Good lord that is a dumb thing to say.

MSG the place to be* 08-14-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylikebear (Post 20765270)
Brad Richards, negative value. Good lord that is a dumb thing to say.

Would you trade Redden for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 7th rounder for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 2nd rounder for nothing. I would.

As you can see, Redden has negative value IMO.

Richards is also negative value. Meaning...

Would I want to take on Richards @ 7.8M for nothing. Nope.
Would I want Richards w/ a 7th rounder for nothing. Nope
Would I want Richards w/ a 2nd rounder for nothing. Maybe.

hairylikebear 08-14-2009 03:26 AM

Except he only has one year left @ 7.8, and he also happens to be a pretty good player (read: UNDERSTATEMENT)

MSG the place to be* 08-14-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylikebear (Post 20765361)
Except he only has one year left @ 7.8, and he also happens to be a pretty good player (read: UNDERSTATEMENT)

He has two years left. If you told me that he would sign an extension of like 3 years 15 million than he would be appealing. But to trade for a guy who cash straps us the next two years, could and most likely would walk away in free agency, and have to give up Dubi, and leaves us with 3 nhl defenseman is crazy talk.

n8 08-14-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG the place to be (Post 20765327)
Would you trade Redden for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 7th rounder for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 2nd rounder for nothing. I would.

As you can see, Redden has negative value IMO.

Richards is also negative value. Meaning...

Would I want to take on Richards @ 7.8M for nothing. Nope.
Would I want Richards w/ a 7th rounder for nothing. Nope
Would I want Richards w/ a 2nd rounder for nothing. Maybe.

So by that logic, would you take Richards for Redden?

rmcg11 08-14-2009 04:28 AM

if they wanted to do redden for richards straight up id probably say hell yeah but otherwise no thanks i'll pass on half of the salary cap going to 4 players

t3hg00se 08-14-2009 04:31 AM

Glen, please, no.

Ola 08-14-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG the place to be (Post 20765179)
Richards is like Gomez, a negative value player based on his contract. By this I mean that I would have to be enticed to take him. Certainly wouldnt give up a guy I want in Blue for the next decade. I know Montreal gave up a lot of value for Gomez but it was retarded of Gainey and common sense and logic still tell me value needs to be sent along with the bloated contract.

Ill add that if Sather does this it is by far the stupidest move hes ever made.

I would say that he is right between Gomez and Drury even.

Is he a good player? Of course. He would right now easily become a top 5 forward in NY. Top 2 most would say.

But don't let that fool you. He is a 65-70 pts player in 80 games on the avg NHL team. He have missed the PO's in 5 of his 10 NHL seasons. He was very avg for Dallas last season in his 52 games -- he definitly didn't help them much. But the BOTTOMLINE is that he makes 7.8m per. With him as our 1st line center its hard to name 4 teams in the EAST without a better 1st line center. Is that worth 7.8m per?

Not in my opinion. We also already have Drury. If you get Richards you need to get rid of Drury. They are very alike as talents and players.

danno2530 08-14-2009 05:08 AM

Honestly I'm not sure if I'm taking the word of some Pittsburgh(?)-based site in regards to what the Rangers are going to do. To me that looks like nothing more than a rumor site.

Levitate 08-14-2009 05:53 AM

Richards plays nothing like Drury...he's a major playmaker, which Drury is not in any way

but either way, why would Dallas trade him

jniklast 08-14-2009 05:59 AM

please no, i really don't like richards at his price tag, especially not for dubinsky and roszival.
MAYBE i'd do dubi + redden, but i'm not sure that would be good either

McDonaghisGod 08-14-2009 06:00 AM

The big problem that I have with getting Richards is that this team is not one player away from title contention. We should not get rid of Dubinsky, who should be the future captain of this team, for another overpaid 2nd line center.

Section311 08-14-2009 06:05 AM

This makes no sense to me. We wouldnt trade Dubi for Heatley but we are going to trade him for Richards.

FLYLine24 08-14-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Section311 (Post 20765668)
This makes no sense to me. We wouldnt trade Dubi for Heatley but we are going to trade him for Richards.

Seriously. Please let them stay very far from agreeing on a trade.

And we are interested in Bertuzzi? Oh god.

RangerBoy 08-14-2009 07:06 AM

Dallas Morning News Stars beat writer Mike Heika shot down this rumor(again)two days ago.

It's the middle of August and it's slow.......

Another 10 page thread on a trade which has a 20% chance of happening.

The NHL has a salary cap and all of these BS rumor sites seem to forget that.

$7.8 million. 2 years.

Don't tell me you can resolve the cap issues or you can play around with the cap.

Calgary tried that last season and ruined their season. Sutter is trying it again this season.

Besides Gomez,none of the stinky NHL contracts moved this summer.

Knowing Sather he is not assuming $7.8 million without moving a big contract in exchange or assuming it for nothing(ie Jagr's contract).

FLYLine24 08-14-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 20765743)
Dallas Morning News Stars beat writer Mike Heika shot down this rumor(again)two days ago.

It's the middle of August and it's slow.......

Another 10 page thread on a trade which has a 20% chance of happening.

The NHL has a salary cap and all of these BS rumor sites seem to forget that.

$7.8 million. 2 years.

Don't tell me you can resolve the cap issues or you can play around with the cap.

Calgary tried that last season and ruined their season. Sutter is trying it again this season.

Besides Gomez,none of the stinky NHL contracts moved this summer.

Knowing Sather he is not assuming $7.8 million without moving a big contract in exchange or assuming it for nothing(ie Jagr's contract).

That site has been pretty reliable though over the past few months. Still, hoping it doesn't happen of course.

RangerBoy 08-14-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine24 (Post 20765775)
That site has been pretty reliable though over the past few months. Still, hoping it doesn't happen of course.

OK,what stories have they broken?

It's like the Sens Chirp guy. When you ask what stories he(assuming it's a he)has broken, you get no response.

This is a news article?

beastly115 08-14-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSG the place to be (Post 20765327)
Would you trade Redden for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 7th rounder for nothing. I would.
Would you trade Redden and a 2nd rounder for nothing. I would.

As you can see, Redden has negative value IMO.

Richards is also negative value. Meaning...

Would I want to take on Richards @ 7.8M for nothing. Nope.
Would I want Richards w/ a 7th rounder for nothing. Nope
Would I want Richards w/ a 2nd rounder for nothing. Maybe.

Yeah, Gomez also had negative value, right?

FromTheSide 08-14-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 20765792)
OK,what stories have they broken?

It's like the Sens Chirp guy. When you ask what stories he(assuming it's a he)has broken, you get no response.

This is a news article?

It may not be happening but the site is credible for posting legitimate news or rumors not something like pulling random words out of a hat *cough* eklund.

pld459666 08-14-2009 08:21 AM

.
 
The logic behind this move makes no sense which is why I highly doubt it will happen.

What I keep coming back to is what's already been mentioned here in that if Sather was not including Dubinsky in a deal for Heater, there's no way in hell he will include him for a significantly lesser player in Richards.

Now, that could change depending on what the actual package for Heater was.

I like Dubinsky, but I think he's a glorified 2nd line center. At best I see him as a decent 2nd line center but a very good 3rd line center capable of playing sound defensive hockey.

I just don't want Richards at almost 8 million regardless of any salary we give back.

The only deal I would be really comfortable would be Redden for Richards and we pretty much know that wont happen.

I just question the logic behind the deal as to me, it doesn't make any sense.

Vitto79 08-14-2009 08:23 AM

This would be on Torts for sure cause he wants Richards

I think Richards can be a really good player but the Rangers would have to get something young back on D.

Thing is who the heck is going to take Rozsival for nothing?............likely no one so it won't get done


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.